Victoria's New Target Ad

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
jezebelvictoria

Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby jezebelvictoria » 15 Mar 2017, 18:56

https://youtu.be/MiYCitJMomg

Mind you she also released a new lipstick named 'Nude Spice'. It's crazy how ashamed she is of her past, being a Spice Girl. :rolleyes:
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby FiaSpice » 15 Mar 2017, 19:14

Oh I wish we had target still. I hope the collection will be available online. I just can't see myself driving 2 hours (or more at the border) up to Plattsburg and find out there's nothing/no my size.

The colourful stuff it :love:
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 15 Mar 2017, 19:15

I feel two ways about when Vic does/posts something Spice Girls related.

Firstly obviously happy and nice that the music and her time in the Spice Girls gets some sort of recognition.

Secondly though it is always super calculated imo when she does use a spice reference. She has shunned fans wanting pics with Spice stuff and is very very PR savvy and has her whole image catered to how she wants to be seen (as we saw from David's email doing charity work is not out the goodness of the heart but to cultivate an image to get something). So her first collab with Target and wanting the advert to get as much impact as possible (not to mention in the US she is I'm sure more known as a Spice girl than anything else still) she uses a Spice song as the background music.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 15 Mar 2017, 19:16

She's miserable, this is PR control because she didn't want to reunite last year. She doesn't want to alienate the SG fans that can't afford her dresses and aren't her main target at all. She's evil and she fears being a Spice Girl will tarnish her fashion empire! Burn!

(being sarcastic there, just in case)

-----

I loved that she used a SG song to promote her fashion line with Target. Since the Olympics, 'Spice Up Your Life' has slowly been gaining ground and it's becoming a strong trademark song for them (instead of just 'Wannabe').
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
herman22j

Postby herman22j » 15 Mar 2017, 19:17

She also pointed out in their interview in 2007 how bad the platform shoes were. That was absolutely one of the trademarks of the Spice Girls
NUFF SAID
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 15 Mar 2017, 19:37

OMG!!! I loved it!!!
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 15 Mar 2017, 19:41

I don't think she needs to do PR for Spice Girls fans. She has a completely different public now.

I think it's great. The music doesn't suit the ad though.
kamel

Postby kamel » 15 Mar 2017, 19:52

I think she did it because she knows that in US, people still love the Spice girls and they know her just as Posh Spice not like in Uk (a WAG) , and this will get her headlines to promote it :)
Last edited by kamel on 15 Mar 2017, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
felx

Postby felx » 15 Mar 2017, 19:53

nice
it reminds me to the Impulse ad.... :music: :D
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
bryand

Postby bryand » 15 Mar 2017, 19:56

Good for her I say! She's v proud to be a Spice Girl. She doesn't want to tour - fair enough! She still has every right to do whatever she wants SG related :)
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 15 Mar 2017, 20:47

Ah that's great! The clothes look nice, although I'm not sure the music completely suits it but I can see why they have used it.

The Spice Girls had/has mass market appeal (much like Target does) so it makes sense that she'd use a Spice song to get attention for her more affordable range. And like others have said, she will still be best known in the US as a member of the Spice Girls and this will remind them of that.

sammy01 wrote:I feel two ways about when Vic does/posts something Spice Girls related.

Firstly obviously happy and nice that the music and her time in the Spice Girls gets some sort of recognition.

Secondly though it is always super calculated imo when she does use a spice reference. She has shunned fans wanting pics with Spice stuff and is very very PR savvy and has her whole image catered to how she wants to be seen.

Yeah I'm inclined agree with that.

She'll use it when it will work in her favour but she'll quickly shut it out publicly when it might go against her serious fashion image. I've never really understood why she (or her PR) does that - people would take her just as seriously if she sometimes publicly supported the other Girls, for example. The not posing with Spice items with fans is very odd!

But anyway, it's still a cute ad (:.
felx

Postby felx » 15 Mar 2017, 21:50

-Claudia- wrote:Ah that's great! The clothes look nice, although I'm not sure the music completely suits it but I can see why they have used it.

The Spice Girls had/has mass market appeal (much like Target does) so it makes sense that she'd use a Spice song to get attention for her more affordable range. And like others have said, she will still be best known in the US as a member of the Spice Girls and this will remind them of that.

sammy01 wrote:I feel two ways about when Vic does/posts something Spice Girls related.

Secondly though it is always super calculated imo when she does use a spice reference. She has shunned fans wanting pics with Spice stuff and is very very PR savvy and has her

She'll use it when it will work in her favour but she'll quickly shut it out publicly when it might go against her serious fashion image. I've never really understood why she (or her PR) does that - people would take her just as seriously if she sometimes publicly supported the other Girls, for example. The not posing with Spice items with fans is very odd!

whole image catered to how she wants to be seen.

actually she supported Melanie C's Version of Me
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 15 Mar 2017, 22:17

-Claudia- wrote:Ah that's great! The clothes look nice, although I'm not sure the music completely suits it but I can see why they have used it.

Secondly though it is always super calculated imo when she does use a spice reference. She has shunned fans wanting pics with Spice stuff and is very very PR savvy and has her whole image catered to how she wants to be seen.

It's not odd at all actually, especially at some of her business events.
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 15 Mar 2017, 22:18

felx wrote:

Secondly though it is always super calculated imo when she does use a spice reference. She has shunned fans wanting pics with Spice stuff and is very very PR savvy and has her

whole image catered to how she wants to be seen.

actually she supported Melanie C's Version of Me

I wonder how much Mel C had to pay her for that favor! Maybe with a free new years eve performance?

:devil:

Btw, I`m so glad she didn´t use Wannabe for this! :D
do-it

Postby do-it » 15 Mar 2017, 22:23

jezebelvictoria wrote:https://youtu.be/MiYCitJMomg

Mind you she also released a new lipstick named 'Nude Spice'. It's crazy how ashamed she is of her past, being a Spice Girl. :rolleyes:

But where were the Spice references in 2008-2013-ish, when she still felt like she had to win the acceptance and approval of Anna & co?

Credit where credit's due, though - you can't get a more blatant Spice Girls reference than an actual Spice song. This is nice to see.

Another thing to consider is that perhaps now the 90s are increasingly seen as "cool" and retro rather than cheesy, she's more relaxed about mixing Spice references with her fashion brand.
AlexLodge26
Custom Title: Alex Lodge

Postby AlexLodge26 » 15 Mar 2017, 22:43

if you listen closely, they use an alternative mix of Spice Up Your Life.. could this be the original version that isn't the Stent Radio Mix???
Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 15 Mar 2017, 22:46

I swear Spice Girls have the worst fans ever. You're just DYING to bash on ANY of the girls, given the chance. I won't even waste my time with all the love Vic has shown towards the band within the last year. It's all there. so you can just keep on hating.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 15 Mar 2017, 23:14

Quite shameless. Nothing wrong with that though, they all based their success and built their careers on it. Both group and solo.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 15 Mar 2017, 23:25

Any recognition for SUYL is good by me. This would've been so boring had she chosen Wannabe.

I couldn't care less what her reasoning behind doing it is either. Any of them are entitled to use the songs for whatever they choose.
bryand

Postby bryand » 15 Mar 2017, 23:41

Hannes84 wrote:I swear Spice Girls have the worst fans ever. You're just DYING to bash on ANY of the girls, given the chance. I won't even waste my time with all the love Vic has shown towards the band within the last year. It's all there. so you can just keep on hating.

You took the words right outta my mouth!
They hate them when they don't support each other. They hate them when they do support each other.
If VB was to use an All Saints song she'd get bashed. She uses a SG song, she gets bashed!
MC gets slated for being honest and supposedly turning her back yet she performs SG songs . Yep! Some of these fans just hate for hate sake
bryand

Postby bryand » 15 Mar 2017, 23:42

Andreas wrote:Quite shameless. Nothing wrong with that though, they all based their success and built their careers on it. Both group and solo.
Last edited by bryand on 15 Mar 2017, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
bryand

Postby bryand » 15 Mar 2017, 23:43

bryand wrote:
Andreas wrote:Quite shameless. Nothing wrong with that though, they all based their success and built their careers on it. Both group and solo.

Mmmmmm why shameless then? Lol
Alexpc

Postby Alexpc » 16 Mar 2017, 01:44

For once I will say something positive about Victoria.

I loved that she used a Spice song for her add, it's ok if she did it for PR or not, I just loved it.
Christopher
Previous username(s): Posh Punkk

Postby Christopher » 16 Mar 2017, 03:11

Seems like such an odd choice. After building her Victoria Beckham empire she goes back to her spice Girls roots for a very very huge promotion. I love it but I do find it odd.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Mar 2017, 03:13

Omg, I had goosebumps when heard first notes of SUYL, it just made my day now, I loved it! Love the colours and the soundtrack of course;) well done Victoria, great PR move!

Return to “Spice Girls”