Victoria's New Target Ad

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
The Spice Girls
Posts: 3185
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby The Spice Girls » 16 Mar 2017, 03:19

Javi wrote:I loved that she used a SG song to promote her fashion line with Target. Since the Olympics, 'Spice Up Your Life' has slowly been gaining ground and it's becoming a strong trademark song for them (instead of just 'Wannabe').


For me it always was, I thought in people's minds it's their 2nd trademark song after 'Wannabe', am shocked with its YouTube views comparing to other videos, lol!
Raymond Rico
Posts: 9868
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Philippines
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby Raymond Rico » 16 Mar 2017, 03:37

have u noticed? the drums in the intro are different compared to what we have.
User avatar
MarcelWithLuv
Posts: 2932
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Marcel With Luv
Country: Brazil
Location: Sao Paulo

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby MarcelWithLuv » 17 Mar 2017, 19:09

the song playing on the ad all 5 of them recieve some sort of money.
Image
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1625
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby PoshInMaine » 17 Mar 2017, 19:16

Raymond Rico wrote:have u noticed? the drums in the intro are different compared to what we have.


I know and I can clearly hear Geri's vocals in the "ha ci ya, hold tight!" at the end. More so than usual.
Raymond Rico
Posts: 9868
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Philippines
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby Raymond Rico » 18 Mar 2017, 14:20

BostonBeebs81 wrote:
Raymond Rico wrote:have u noticed? the drums in the intro are different compared to what we have.


I know and I can clearly hear Geri's vocals in the "ha ci ya, hold tight!" at the end. More so than usual.


i hope someone here has a copy of the mp3. haha
Dave87
Posts: 1445
Joined: 19 Oct 2006, 21:26
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Cleveland , Ohio / USA

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby Dave87 » 18 Mar 2017, 14:31

Do the other girls have to sign off on her using the song? If so I think that's nice they would support her like that granted it's a payout for them all it being in a national commercial. This is the most unified thing they've done in years.
Image
simby
Posts: 4892
Joined: 23 Apr 2006, 09:48
Location: casa beckham

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby simby » 18 Mar 2017, 17:20

Dave87 wrote:Do the other girls have to sign off on her using the song? If so I think that's nice they would support her like that granted it's a payout for them all it being in a national commercial. This is the most unified thing they've done in years.

Yes, it's nice!
Jamie
Posts: 22327
Joined: 08 Jul 2004, 18:36

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby Jamie » 18 Mar 2017, 20:09

Dave87 wrote:Do the other girls have to sign off on her using the song? If so I think that's nice they would support her like that granted it's a payout for them all it being in a national commercial. This is the most unified thing they've done in years.


It would be up to the record company rather than her having to ask the girls, I feel.
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 32959
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby Javi » 18 Mar 2017, 21:14

It's not even the full song, but a 30 seconds snippet. She probably didn't need permission from the label and simply had to pay the royalties.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
sammy01
Posts: 12500
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 15:30

Re: Victoria's New Target Ad

Postby sammy01 » 18 Mar 2017, 21:47

Javi wrote:It's not even the full song, but a 30 seconds snippet. She probably didn't need permission from the label and simply had to pay the royalties.


Yep, she would just need to pay royalties, which a small part would go back to herself :p
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01

Return to “Spice Girls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Syd and 15 guests