Mel B files for divorce!!

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
Mario
Posts: 2928
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Location: Paris (France)
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Mario » 10 Apr 2017, 13:36

kamel wrote:
Mel B 'to offer Stephen Belafonte £5M and private island in divorce settlement... but only if he agrees to gagging order

Mel B is reportedly on the verge of offering her estranged husband Stephen Belafonte £5million and a private island as part of their divorce settlement.
But the former Spice Girl, who has alleged a litany of abuse at the hands of her ex over the course of their decade-long union, is said to be insisting that the deal comes with a gagging order, according to the Daily Star.
The newspaper reports that Mel is particularly keen to offload the island she bought - located in the US state of Virginia - for £1million for Stephen's birthday in 2014, as they have rarely visited the late retreat since

A source said: 'Mel wants it done and dusted as quickly as possible to prevent any more harm being done to her kids. She’ll give him £5m plus that bloody white elephant of an island, which was a total waste of money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... sland.html


That's a shame the man will make his way out with so much money whereas he should be in prison. There is no way he could win this battle with so many charges against him, even though I think that by reading Mel's court filing which is the compilation of all the charges against him makes things look as Mel used to live in hell. I personaly don't think Mel was unhappy on a daily basis for 10 years, but the man is definetly sick and even his ex-girlfriend, the mother of his first child claims so... how on earth a court can let that man making out of a divorce with money?

Mel is just going to throw away an important part of the money she worked her ass off for to a man who humiliated her. This makes me mad!
Same as I read Jimmy stories about how Mel ruined his life and that he ended up being homeless in California... I mean come on, you got millions from her and you come and complain about how she ruined your life... WTF?

Stephen Belafonte’s ex-girlfriend says she should have warned Mel B
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/hook-ups-break-ups/stephen-belafontes-exgirlfriend-says-she-should-have-warned-mel-b/news-story/a969581232dbf7f044b71b26916b75fd

'She cares about herself more than her kids': Mel B’s angry ex Jimmy Gulzar claims he considered suicide after star made his life 'hell'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4386116/Mel-B-s-ex-Jimmy-Gulzar-claims-considered-suicide.html
Image
Mickey
Posts: 2818
Joined: 30 Aug 2007, 19:07
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Lawndale

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Mickey » 10 Apr 2017, 16:49

Money isn't important when there is so much more she can have paying that amount to him, like peace of mind, ending these nightmare as soon as posible, it's unfair but I can understand her
Image
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 27021
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby PeruvianSpice » 10 Apr 2017, 16:57

She shouldn't give him ANYTHING!!!
Image
Thom
Posts: 10847
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Thom » 10 Apr 2017, 17:34



warning? isn't a lawsuit for domestic violence and assault a big fat give away?
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 27021
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby PeruvianSpice » 10 Apr 2017, 19:43

Sometimes people are too naive (if that's the correct term) on these things.

The aggressor tends to be so tender and kind that he must've painted himself as a caring guy. So she must've thought: he's changed!

Obviously Mel knew about the lawsuit. Everyone did. But he must've said to her that she's changed, etc. And once he got in, he started threatening her.

I also think EVEN if his ex girlfriend had warned Mel B, it would've done nothing. If she was in the middle of it, sometimes the victim needs to experience it to really see the extends to which the aggressor goes and only then can he/she make the decision to be brave enough and leave him/her
Last edited by PeruvianSpice on 11 Apr 2017, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Image
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 315
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 10 Apr 2017, 22:37

Hasn't she already said absolutely everything about their relationship? Why does she need to pay him five million and an island to get a gagging order?
What is she so afraid of him sharing publicly to the court (since Mel b decided for a public divorce instead of a private one) ???
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 27021
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby PeruvianSpice » 10 Apr 2017, 22:56

Well, actually she hasn't said anything publicly. Documents were made public by somerone else.

But anyway...

I think it must have to do with the sexual videos or other stuff. And maybe that gagging order is also regarding lies. I mean, if he comes out saying stuff like it's all a lie and that she's a bitch and whatever, EVEN if it's a lie, he wouldn't be able to say those things publicly
Last edited by PeruvianSpice on 11 Apr 2017, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Image
KingOfSpiceWorld
Posts: 315
Joined: 22 Nov 2016, 20:05

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 10 Apr 2017, 23:04

PeruvianSpice wrote:Well, actually she hasn't said anything publicly. Documents were made public by somewhere else.

But anyway...

I think it must have to do with the sexual videos or other stuff. And maybe that gagging order is also regarding lies. I mean, if he comes out saying stuff like it's all a lie and that she's a bitch and whatever, EVEN if it's a lie, he wouldn't be able to say those things publicly


Mel B decided to have a public divorce. That means that the documents are public and anyone can ask for them, pay the fee and have access to them.

She could have easily protect herself by applying for a private divorce like she did with her first marriage.
budhi
Posts: 26
Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 12:52
Gender: Male

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby budhi » 11 Apr 2017, 00:30

karma will get him. These type of people go through their money really fast. He'll end up broke. Just watch
User avatar
Christopher
Posts: 2010
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 00:06
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): Posh Punkk
Country: United_States
Location: Ohio, USA
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Christopher » 11 Apr 2017, 00:45

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:Well, actually she hasn't said anything publicly. Documents were made public by somewhere else.

But anyway...

I think it must have to do with the sexual videos or other stuff. And maybe that gagging order is also regarding lies. I mean, if he comes out saying stuff like it's all a lie and that she's a bitch and whatever, EVEN if it's a lie, he wouldn't be able to say those things publicly


Mel B decided to have a public divorce. That means that the documents are public and anyone can ask for them, pay the fee and have access to them.

She could have easily protect herself by applying for a private divorce like she did with her first marriage.


I've been waiting for someone to confirm this as I don't quite understand the laws. Why would she make this a public divorce vs a private one if she can avoid that??

Would The original agreement with him(Mel giving half custody to Stephen, etc) had affected this? Then she change her mind when she didn't want her kid around him? I'm very confused about this
Thom
Posts: 10847
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Thom » 11 Apr 2017, 00:48

PeruvianSpice wrote:Sometimes people are too naive (if that's the correct term) on these things.

The aggressor tends to be so tender and kind that he must've painted himself as a caring guy. So she must've thought: he's changed!

Obviously Mel knew about the lawsuit. Everyone did. But he must've said she's changed, etc. And once he got in, he started threatening her.

I also think EVEN if his ex girlfriend had warned Mel B, it would've done nothing. If she was in the middle of it, sometimes the victim needs to experience it to really see the extends to which the aggressor goes and only then can he/she make the decision to be brave enough and leave him/her


my comment wasn't towards Mel, but towards the ex-gf "regretting not warning her"
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
SpiceWonderland
Posts: 4746
Joined: 12 Jul 2008, 23:52

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby SpiceWonderland » 11 Apr 2017, 00:50

Mel and Stephen tried to pitch Stephen's previous relationship as "not bad people, but bad for each other".
OnYourRadar
Posts: 232
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby OnYourRadar » 11 Apr 2017, 09:46

perhaps Mel held on longer than she should have to the marriage because she didn't want all this fuss in the media. She had already gone through a messy and pricey divorce to Jimmy, which at the time was presented as her loosing her fortune and loosing her home. Then there was the whole Eddie thing, which was very tragic.

And not to blame her, but on the flip side you have Keeping up with the Beckhams, perfect family, world dominating careers, power couple. Maybe Mel just didn't want to admit defeat at first..


I'm so happy she is free of that monster now.
Fly like an angel, heaven sent to me... :Angel:
User avatar
MisterMiamiSpice
Posts: 146
Joined: 09 Aug 2013, 19:33
Gender: Male
Country: United_States

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby MisterMiamiSpice » 11 Apr 2017, 16:02

Have we heard any news on the judge's ruling on returning the Spice memorabilia Stephen was holding hostage? I know Mel had tweeted pics of some of her Spice souvenirs a while back. Her outfit from the 1997 Brits was in there, I wonder what else might be part of that stash he made off with?
Image
Red Boy
Posts: 2643
Joined: 31 May 2005, 08:56
Gender: Male
Custom Title: On A Mission
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Red Boy » 11 Apr 2017, 16:16

MisterMiamiSpice wrote:I wonder what else might be part of that stash he made off with?

TROTSG tour footage? Unreleased stuff? :adam:

Leak it, Stephen. Or at least flog it on eBay. #joke
Thom
Posts: 10847
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Thom » 12 Apr 2017, 09:31

anyone else worried more about the SG memorabilia than the sex tapes? :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
User avatar
FiaSpice
Posts: 20934
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Not immune
Country: Canada
Location: Montréal, Québec
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby FiaSpice » 12 Apr 2017, 15:43

Thom wrote:anyone else worried more about the SG memorabilia than the sex tapes? :death: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:



It might sound unbeliveble, but I when I was with my abusive ex, when he threatened to slam all my CD collection (mostly SG related) in an angry fit, I was way more worried about my CD than him hurting me or anything.
Image
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
tommie
Posts: 1662
Joined: 19 Nov 2008, 23:12

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby tommie » 12 Apr 2017, 17:27

Christopher wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:Well, actually she hasn't said anything publicly. Documents were made public by somewhere else.

But anyway...

I think it must have to do with the sexual videos or other stuff. And maybe that gagging order is also regarding lies. I mean, if he comes out saying stuff like it's all a lie and that she's a bitch and whatever, EVEN if it's a lie, he wouldn't be able to say those things publicly


Mel B decided to have a public divorce. That means that the documents are public and anyone can ask for them, pay the fee and have access to them.

She could have easily protect herself by applying for a private divorce like she did with her first marriage.


I've been waiting for someone to confirm this as I don't quite understand the laws. Why would she make this a public divorce vs a private one if she can avoid that??

Would The original agreement with him(Mel giving half custody to Stephen, etc) had affected this? Then she change her mind when she didn't want her kid around him? I'm very confused about this


Why wouldn't she want it public? The only way to take any sort of power away from him is for it to be public. If we didn't know about the sex tapes he still could've held that over her head - now if it does leak, we'll all know the source even if he handles it via a third way party. I think she's being very smart putting it all out there.
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 27021
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby PeruvianSpice » 12 Apr 2017, 18:21

tommie wrote:
Christopher wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:Well, actually she hasn't said anything publicly. Documents were made public by somewhere else.

But anyway...

I think it must have to do with the sexual videos or other stuff. And maybe that gagging order is also regarding lies. I mean, if he comes out saying stuff like it's all a lie and that she's a bitch and whatever, EVEN if it's a lie, he wouldn't be able to say those things publicly


Mel B decided to have a public divorce. That means that the documents are public and anyone can ask for them, pay the fee and have access to them.

She could have easily protect herself by applying for a private divorce like she did with her first marriage.


I've been waiting for someone to confirm this as I don't quite understand the laws. Why would she make this a public divorce vs a private one if she can avoid that??

Would The original agreement with him(Mel giving half custody to Stephen, etc) had affected this? Then she change her mind when she didn't want her kid around him? I'm very confused about this


Why wouldn't she want it public? The only way to take any sort of power away from him is for it to be public. If we didn't know about the sex tapes he still could've held that over her head - now if it does leak, we'll all know the source even if he handles it via a third way party. I think she's being very smart putting it all out there.


haven't thought about it that but you're right... it's best this way...

publicly humiliate this guy is what he deserves...
Image
tommie
Posts: 1662
Joined: 19 Nov 2008, 23:12

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby tommie » 12 Apr 2017, 18:48

She's gotten a restraining order for the former nanny now...
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 27021
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby PeruvianSpice » 12 Apr 2017, 18:52

I hope (and I'd be surprised if she didn't) win this case without giving much or anything away to that scumbag
Image
AmAdEus.lb
Posts: 1054
Joined: 28 May 2007, 13:16
Gender: Male
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby AmAdEus.lb » 12 Apr 2017, 19:01

Mel B please stay away from men in the future.
She has lost tens of millions over the years on failed marriages, that she could have passed down to her daughters.
OnYourRadar
Posts: 232
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby OnYourRadar » 12 Apr 2017, 19:07

I'm hoping Mel can get a second autobiography done after the divorce so that she can tell her full story. It would also help raise awareness for domestic violence.
Fly like an angel, heaven sent to me... :Angel:
User avatar
PeruvianSpice
Posts: 27021
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby PeruvianSpice » 12 Apr 2017, 19:16

AmAdEus.lb wrote:Mel B please stay away from men in the future.
She has lost tens of millions over the years on failed marriages, that she could have passed down to her daughters.


Maybe a prenup could help?

Or even if she signed one she could lose money?
Image
Thom
Posts: 10847
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Mel B files for divorce!!

Postby Thom » 12 Apr 2017, 20:39

she has one.
but due to the nature of this mess, she offered him 5million to give back the tapes and stuff and get it over with
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk

Return to “Spice Girls”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests