Have the girls been asked about Mel B during interviews?

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
K89

Have the girls been asked about Mel B during interviews?

Postby K89 » 10 Aug 2017, 01:26

I know they're really close and obviously they have reached out to Melanie B during this difficult time of hers. But I find it strange that I haven't seen any interviews with the other girls where they have been asked about her? It's a tragic but for them relevant thing the media obviously would want to dig into if talking to any of them. Perhaps the managements behind each girl has forbidden any of those questions?

Or have you seen/ heard anything?
spicyhot

Re: Have the girls been asked about Mel B during interviews?

Postby spicyhot » 10 Aug 2017, 01:55

The only time that comes to mind is when Emma was interviewed on The Talk. Sharon asked how Mel B was doing but Emma didn't mention anything about what's happening.

https://youtu.be/vP-3X9ane-Y (Thanks pinkbecca12 for the link)

megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Postby megzluvsmelc » 10 Aug 2017, 02:43

If I remembered correctly, Melanie was interviewed with Perez Hilton about Mel B during her UK Version of Me Tour back in April and he asked about her and Melanie said that she didn't want to talk about the girls' personal lives but Mel B was having a tough time.
dentistologo

Postby dentistologo » 10 Aug 2017, 05:17

megzluvsmelc wrote:If I remembered correctly, Melanie was interviewed with Perez Hilton about Mel B during her UK Version of Me Tour back in April and he asked about her and Melanie said that she didn't want to talk about the girls' personal lives but Mel B was having a tough time.

I remember the same, she said she was in touch with her but won't talk any of it as it was way too personal
Thank you, my ladies! Keep spicing it up! :D
Imageimagenes gratis
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 10 Aug 2017, 08:41

I think that all of them are very good at keeping the other girls' private life private. They don't share any sensitive details or anything that can be considered private.

Melanie C is very blunt about it, saying she won't comment anything personal, and the other girls seem to simply ignore it and avoid getting into detail or say anything at all.
bryand

Postby bryand » 10 Aug 2017, 09:34

I really dont think the girls are that close anymore. Dynamics forever changing with this lot lol :shrug:
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 10 Aug 2017, 10:46

bryand wrote:I really dont think the girls are that close anymore. Dynamics forever changing with this lot lol :shrug:

As it does with most. I don't think anyone in here denies that it's much better to only rely on yourself than to have four other people's schedule and opinion to rely on to do anything.

They're not in a group together, they're all busy doing their own thing, a couple of them would make the group their priority professionally, but not all of them.

And since they're all busy doing their own thing I don't think they have time to see each other as often as they would want to, as it is with everyone. I know this happens to me, there are times you are closer to some friends than others, and that changes all the time.

But my best friend I don't need to see all the time. We can go a while between seeing each other (she's a film maker, travels a lot, has two children and a big extended family, etc), but when we do see each other it's like no time passed. And I guess that's how it is for these girls also. Even if they wanted to it's not possible unless they force it.

At the end of the day they have shared something very unique and extraordinary together. No one can or will ever be able to relate to it the way they relate to each other. As time will go by, they will cherish that time and share memories even more, once their kids are grown and left the nest. They already had that moment with the ROTSG tour. It was them as grown women reliving their young adulthood (and also a very planned move to manifest themselves as the icons they have become). At one point they will start cherish that again.

But there's no denying that the majority are very opinionated and strong characters. They're bound to clash now and then.
MAD

Postby MAD » 10 Aug 2017, 11:54

Andreas wrote: As time will go by, they will cherish that time and share memories even more, once their kids are grown and left the nest.

I can't wait for that moment, because I'm really bored with all the "happy family" Instagram stories and kids related answers in interviews. I mean I don't want to sound bitchy, I am very very happy for them but they repeat those things too much, especially Victoria. Thank god Mel C doesn't show her family or talk about it in the most honest and simple way.
arrow

Postby arrow » 10 Aug 2017, 13:29

I think the only girl close to Mel B right now is Emma. She did go to her father's funeral and we saw pics of her last year holding Madison around the time she arranged for her mom to meet Madison for the first time. Melanie and Emma have always been close. Geri and Mel seem to have an on and off closeness these last few years
MAD

Postby MAD » 10 Aug 2017, 14:20

arrow wrote:I think the only girl close to Mel B right now is Emma. She did go to her father's funeral and we saw pics of her last year holding Madison around the time she arranged for her mom to meet Madison for the first time. Melanie and Emma have always been close. Geri and Mel seem to have an on and off closeness these last few years

Melanie wrote a beautiful heartfelt message for Geri's birthday last year, that was like the definition of true friendship.
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 10 Aug 2017, 17:20

Not really related but I remember an interviewer asking Melanie C. about Victoria's weight and Melanie C. just deadpans him and interrupts him saying "I will not speak about Victoria in that context."

I was like YOU GO GIRL!
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 10 Aug 2017, 22:56

PoshInMaine wrote:Not really related but I remember an interviewer asking Melanie C. about Victoria's weight and Melanie C. just deadpans him and interrupts him saying "I will not speak about Victoria in that context."

I was like YOU GO GIRL!

I really want to see this!

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
K89

Postby K89 » 10 Aug 2017, 23:27

bryand wrote:I really dont think the girls are that close anymore. Dynamics forever changing with this lot lol :shrug:

Well I really think you're wrong there. Obviously they all got hectic schedules and a lot of the time they aren't even in the same country.
BUT - all of them have talked several times about how they stay in touch in recent years. Also, this year alone I've heard them say how they met the others "recently" and stuff several times.
And - we've been blessed with A LOT of pics in recent years showing when they hang out and even being out and about with the kids of another Spice.
Another thing that is perhaps the easiest one but a lot of times really show how close they are and the love they share - instagram!! I smile everytime I see them like or comment/ tag the other girls - me and my friend use to talk about it.

This is something that makes me as a fan feel such happines - them being them with each other.
K89

Postby K89 » 10 Aug 2017, 23:30

spicyhot wrote:The only time that comes to mind is when Emma was interviewed on The Talk. Sharon asked how Mel B was doing but Emma didn't mention anything about what's happening.

https://youtu.be/vP-3X9ane-Y (Thanks pinkbecca12 for the link)

Thanks for posting!!! Oh, how lovely isn't she talking about the girls and their friendship like that.
K89

Postby K89 » 10 Aug 2017, 23:34

dentistologo wrote:
megzluvsmelc wrote:If I remembered correctly, Melanie was interviewed with Perez Hilton about Mel B during her UK Version of Me Tour back in April and he asked about her and Melanie said that she didn't want to talk about the girls' personal lives but Mel B was having a tough time.

I remember the same, she said she was in touch with her but won't talk any of it as it was way too personal

That's really beautiful and protective of her!! And yeah I remember Mel C also defending Victoria a couple of times too.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 11 Aug 2017, 00:55

PoshInMaine wrote:Not really related but I remember an interviewer asking Melanie C. about Victoria's weight and Melanie C. just deadpans him and interrupts him saying "I will not speak about Victoria in that context."

I was like YOU GO GIRL!

That one was a Norwegian journalist. She did that interview just one week ahead of the announcement of the Return of the Spice Girls Tour, she was even questioned about it and said it wasn't happening.

But even though he was overtly curious he was only doing his job and he wasn't asking her in a rude manner. She was talking about having body issues and eating disorders, Victoria has admitted that she had an eating disorder in the past, the journalist was just putting the two together. Tbh, i found Melanie's answer rather bitchy and passive aggressive compared to the question she was asked. She might be tired of being asked about it, but there's a difference between answering what she said in the way she said it, rather than just saying "I'm not here to talk about her" or "no comment".
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 11 Aug 2017, 00:59

MAD wrote:
Andreas wrote: As time will go by, they will cherish that time and share memories even more, once their kids are grown and left the nest.

I can't wait for that moment, because I'm really bored with all the "happy family" Instagram stories and kids related answers in interviews. I mean I don't want to sound bitchy, I am very very happy for them but they repeat those things too much, especially Victoria. Thank god Mel C doesn't show her family or talk about it in the most honest and simple way.

IMO that's pretty much what all parents are doing. Talk about their kids. It's like they lose all sense of being their own person and having a personality and life of their own once they have kids. "Look at me, look at the fabulous product I have made". I won't celebrate your kid until I see how the it turns out when it's grown. The easy bit is to make them, the hard bit is to make them decent, humble human beings. And that takes 20 years.
arrow

Postby arrow » 11 Aug 2017, 06:01

s[/quote]
Melanie wrote a beautiful heartfelt message for Geri's birthday last year, that was like the definition of true friendship.[/quote]

Where was this message? Intsagram? Twitter? I find most of Mel B's posts to be about her lol and she hardly likes anything the other girls post
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 12 Aug 2017, 10:04

The only person who can speak about this, is Mel B

Return to “Spice Girls”