Melanie in studio for movie soundtrack

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
Sergiospice
Custom Title: El chico latino

Re: Melanie in studio for movie soundtrack

Postby Sergiospice » 29 Jul 2015, 15:47

If this is exactly the same version that Melanie's recorded, I don't think it'll be good t all :(
karlafalves

Postby karlafalves » 29 Jul 2015, 16:20

IER wrote:As much as her version might be better, I can't believe the same person that recorded this and 'Viva Life' is then ashamed of 'I Want Candy' and 'On The Horizon'.

I've never heard about that and I can't believe she thinks that way about these songs! On the Horizon has such a good vibe, it's one of my favs from Reason, and I Want Candy is really funny... Too bad to know we'll never hear her singing them live anymore...
Swinging it, shaking it, moving it and making it. Forever.
vic vic

Postby vic vic » 29 Jul 2015, 16:20

I'm sure that was just a funny little video they did for the kickstarter which would not make any sense now that the movie is done. It's probably got little to nothing to do with Melanie's song.
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 29 Jul 2015, 16:24

karlafalves wrote:
IER wrote:As much as her version might be better, I can't believe the same person that recorded this and 'Viva Life' is then ashamed of 'I Want Candy' and 'On The Horizon'.

I've never heard about that and I can't believe she thinks that way about these songs! On the Horizon has such a good vibe, it's one of my favs from Reason, and I Want Candy is really funny... Too bad to know we'll never hear her singing them live anymore...

I think in her "Ask Melanie" videos, she said that regarding "On the Horizon". Don't remember of I Want Candy, but maybe i've missed it.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
_rEaSoN_

Postby _rEaSoN_ » 29 Jul 2015, 18:59

FabianC wrote:
karlafalves wrote:

I think in her "Ask Melanie" videos, she said that regarding "On the Horizon". Don't remember of I Want Candy, but maybe i've missed it.

She never said OTH is shit, she actually said it's a goop pop song but she regrets the song was released as a single back then (she thinks 'Reason' would have been a fit choice - can't see how/why).
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 29 Jul 2015, 19:17

_rEaSoN_ wrote:
FabianC wrote:
karlafalves wrote:

She never said OTH is shit, she actually said it's a goop pop song but she regrets the song was released as a single back then (she thinks 'Reason' would have been a fit choice - can't see how/why).

Anyone that's a Melanie C fans knows she thinks 'On The Horizon' is shit. She might sugar-coat it a bit when she talks about it on public videos, but on fans meetings and such things she has made clear she dislikes that song. And she has also made some comments about regretting having released 'I Want Candy'. She didn't even include it on the tour's setlist and only sang it live twice or so when she was promoting the single, then forgot about that song's existence.

The thing is, no matter what her words/thoughts about those 2 songs exactly are. Fact is that they are her two most ignored singles and the ones she couldn't care less about, yet she thinks recording 'Viva Life' and that weird new song we have yet to hear are good decisions.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
do-it

Postby do-it » 29 Jul 2015, 20:55

I think lots of artists like to have a couple of "hits" (and On the Horizon and I Want Candy surely count as hits by Melanie's standards) that they don't like and ignore when playing live. It makes them feel like Madonna, who ignores at least half a dozen of her number ones every time she tours.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 29 Jul 2015, 20:57

I Want Candy was a massive stinking DIRE FLOP, let,s not kid ourselves otherwise LOL x
do-it

Postby do-it » 29 Jul 2015, 21:01

I think number 24 was pretty good for 2007 considering the bubble had well and truly burst for Solo Spice by then.
Vomiting Porpoise

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 29 Jul 2015, 21:07

yes, but it went out the chart faster than a turd under a heavy flush x
FabianC

Postby FabianC » 29 Jul 2015, 22:13

vic vic wrote:I'm sure that was just a funny little video they did for the kickstarter which would not make any sense now that the movie is done. It's probably got little to nothing to do with Melanie's song.

Mhmmmmm.

In the facebook post it says "I can assure the Mel C off of The Spice Girls version is a lot better - however this is how it all began https://vimeo.com/94152869"

For me it's saying that is that song, but Mel C's version.

:think:

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
FabianC

Postby FabianC » 29 Jul 2015, 22:14

DoIt wrote:I think number 24 was pretty good for 2007 considering the bubble had well and truly burst for Solo Spice by then.

And #7 In the physical chart
:dee:

felx

Postby felx » 29 Jul 2015, 22:40

FabianC wrote:
vic vic wrote:I'm sure that was just a funny little video they did for the kickstarter which would not make any sense now that the movie is done. It's probably got little to nothing to do with Melanie's song.

Mhmmmmm.

In the facebook post it says "I can assure the Mel C off of The Spice Girls version is a lot better - however this is how it all began https://vimeo.com/94152869"

I dont think the lyrics will be the same .... just the instrumental
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
littleta

Postby littleta » 29 Jul 2015, 22:43

and the video is from a year ago... so many things could change in that time
vic vic

Postby vic vic » 29 Jul 2015, 23:16

FabianC wrote:

Mhmmmmm.

They're asking for money to make the movie in that song, it wouldn't make sense to ask now that the movie is done.
Sam Rogers-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Sam Rogers-Bennett » 30 Jul 2015, 03:29

IER wrote:
Samuel-Bennett wrote:Oh my god is it the same person as Viva Life? That's the worst tripe I've ever heard

I meant that the same person (Melanie) that recorded the songs 'Viva Life' and now this one, then claims that 'On The Horizon' and 'I Want Candy' are shit songs and never sings them.

Was in optician's so didn't click video lol. Makes sense now. What an awful song lol
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 02 Aug 2015, 02:56

I also think I Want Candy was not her best single choice in terms of quality, but the song got some "free" promo with the movie and managed to enter at 24. Carolyna barely made the top 50 (despite being a great song). I think she saw I want candy as an oportinity to get some media attention with the movie.
T-Chisholm
Custom Title: hi-see ya-hold tight

Postby T-Chisholm » 27 Sep 2015, 17:38

alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Postby alexgirardii » 27 Sep 2015, 18:06

"Melanie C (Sporty Spice) recorded the vocals for the yet unknown track, which we will hear at the end credits, in the Basement Jaxx Studio."
Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4230938/tri ... tt_trv_trv

I don't know how people are making a big thing about it. It's just a song for an indie short movie. This is a good thing actually. Melanie being involved in more artistic projects (not like "I Want Candy" movie) it's a way to get involved with more artistic people, and maybe something different can come on her music (I hope so).
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 27 Sep 2015, 19:14

:music:
alexgirardii

Postby alexgirardii » 27 Sep 2015, 19:17

I asked Damian Samuels when we gonna be able to hear it:

@DamianSamuels 42m42 minutes ago Hackney, London
@itcouldbenice @MelanieCmusic we've nearly finished the film and then we'll let you know
alexgirardii

Postby alexgirardii » 27 Sep 2015, 19:24

HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 06 Oct 2015, 18:55

can we hear this anywhere yet??
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 07 Oct 2015, 16:37

Nope.

From Facebook:
The Five Wives & Lives of Melvyn Pfferberg
It will hopefully be playing film festivals in 2016
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
girlpowerforever

Postby girlpowerforever » 18 Oct 2015, 16:08

when will this soundtrack release?

sexier superbitch ever :p :p :p :p

Return to “Melanie C”