Version Of Me promo PIX

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
felx

Version Of Me promo PIX

Postby felx » 13 Sep 2016, 14:18

I wonder was she doing all the VOM shoots back before she cut her hair short or she just has extensions?? :shrug:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Marcomel90

Re: Version Of Me promo PIX

Postby Marcomel90 » 13 Sep 2016, 14:45

in the second one she had just woken up?
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 13 Sep 2016, 14:53

Extensions, I guess.

Last year all her hair had the same length, but on the album cover and those pics you can see it's layered.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
felx

Postby felx » 13 Sep 2016, 14:55

Javi wrote:Extensions, I guess.

Last year all her hair had the same length, but on the album cover and those pics you can see it's layered.

You are right....
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 13 Sep 2016, 15:03

Apart from the video, where she looked great and sexy, I think her images for this era have been really bland and boring :x
felx

Postby felx » 13 Sep 2016, 15:06

I think she looks beautiful and natural here

Hannes84
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 13 Sep 2016, 15:08

Please don't call it VOM. Makes me wanna do vom voms...
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Javi

Postby Javi » 13 Sep 2016, 15:10

Narrator wrote:Apart from the video, where she looked great and sexy, I think her images for this era have been really bland and boring :x

I think she's going for a "let the music speak for itself" thing. I mean, we usually complain about her being boring and so on, but that's just because she's a female and we expect female pop singers to look edgy and call for attention. But most of the male singers out there being successful have regular "boring" looks all the time.

Maybe this natural, soft pictures blend well with the album's sound.

Having said that, I hope she goes for a little bit sexier look for TV performances (if they happen). Not because of her being boring, but because 'Anymore' ask for a more slick night-related outfit... and maybe a ponytail.
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 13 Sep 2016, 15:18

Javi wrote:
Narrator wrote:Apart from the video, where she looked great and sexy, I think her images for this era have been really bland and boring :x

I think she's going for a "let the music speak for itself" thing. I mean, we usually complain about her being boring and so on, but that's just because she's a female and we expect female pop singers to look edgy and call for attention. But most of the male singers out there being successful have regular "boring" looks all the time.

Having said that, I hope she goes for a little bit sexier look for TV performances (if they happen). Not because of her being boring, but because 'Anymore' ask for a more slick night-related outfit... and maybe a ponytail.

I agree but I haven't really seen Melanie C doing "sexy", ever. Then again, I'm more of a casual fan. I haven't heard all of her albums in full. I love quite a few songs and her personality, though.
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 13 Sep 2016, 15:19

Javi wrote:

Possibly... But I'm not even talking about her being super edgy or sexy with leather outfits and crazy hair and make-up, or anything like that.
It's just that "Anymore" & "Numb" are both electronic songs and, according to Mel, the album will be in the same vein, and these images of her dressed in denim against white, boring backgrounds don't really go with that - for me. I was expecting something a little darker with a pop of colour, more interesting lighting, etc, like the first images we saw from the "Anymore" video.
If I saw these images without knowing what the music was like I would expect an acoustic singer-songwriter type of sound.
Javi

Postby Javi » 13 Sep 2016, 16:03

Narrator wrote:
Javi wrote:

Possibly... But I'm not even talking about her being super edgy or sexy with leather outfits and crazy hair and make-up, or anything like that.
It's just that "Anymore" & "Numb" are both electronic songs and, according to Mel, the album will be in the same vein, and these images of her dressed in denim against white, boring backgrounds don't really go with that - for me. I was expecting something a little darker with a pop of colour, more interesting lighting, etc, like the first images we saw from the "Anymore" video.
If I saw these images without knowing what the music was like I would expect an acoustic singer-songwriter type of sound.

Yeah I get what you mean. More like 'The Night' photoshoot. I agree. But Melanie said the album sounds current and is something she'd hear now, but hasn't really implied all the albums follows the same electronic vein. Maybe the album is (finally) a messy (in a good way) mix of sounds so no certain image would define the album.

Or maybe she has this weird sense of style and she thinks those clothes represent the 80s electronic sound. :D
Javi

Postby Javi » 13 Sep 2016, 16:08

Hannes84 wrote:
Javi wrote:

I agree but I haven't really seen Melanie C doing "sexy", ever. Then again, I'm more of a casual fan. I haven't heard all of her albums in full. I love quite a few songs and her personality, though.

Sexy doesn't equal sexual. She wore sexy outfits during the 'Think About It' era: leather pants, high heels, transparent tops and catsuits... And the 'Anymore' video is sexy too, with her lace bra showing.

Spoiler: show
I thought I was in your foes list? :shrug:
Hannes84

Postby Hannes84 » 13 Sep 2016, 16:13

Javi wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:
Javi wrote:

Sexy doesn't equal sexual. She wore sexy outfits during the 'Think About It' era: leather pants, high heels, transparent tops and catsuits... And the 'Anymore' video is sexy too, with her lace bra showing.

I thought I was in your foes list? :shrug:

I see. Well, I've missed the whole Think About it era, so no idea :)

You are, but I saw you had posted, so I clicked on "display this post" to see what you had said.
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 13 Sep 2016, 16:13

felx

Postby felx » 13 Sep 2016, 16:19

thanks for the better quality... :hug:
Craig-Rogers
Custom Title: I Am Craig

Postby Craig-Rogers » 14 Sep 2016, 11:33

thank you for the photos :)
[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 15 Sep 2016, 14:03

Beautiful photos! Where were they found?

Hope more full size photos surface, looks like a great shoot.
felx

Postby felx » 16 Oct 2016, 12:52

7eleven

Postby 7eleven » 16 Oct 2016, 16:57

Really? In my opinion she's never looked more sexy.
RCB84

Postby RCB84 » 16 Oct 2016, 17:27

I don't think that all of these are old, wasn't some of these taken for a interview she did?
felx

Postby felx » 16 Oct 2016, 17:30

RCB84 wrote:I don't think that all of these are old, wasn't some of these taken for a interview she did?

these are all from the Album photoshoot.... promo shoots....by Marlene Marino
(and some of them have been used in recent interviews)....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKeGlEmATFq/?taken-by=melaniecmusic
from backstage
Snapple Spice

Postby Snapple Spice » 16 Oct 2016, 20:15

Love her hair...not so sure about the all-denim look?
~I Love Melanie C :)~
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 18 Oct 2016, 16:16

Photographer is Marlene Marino btw.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 18 Oct 2016, 16:38

She looks like a model in these photos which is good and really Stunning ♥
Red Boy