'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ Music Video now on YouTube

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ Music Video now on YouTube

Postby FabianC » 01 Mar 2017, 19:35

Alex Francis, 27, who describes his music as a mixture of rock and soul, revealed that the track will receive extensive airplay on national radio next month.

Explaining how the collaboration came around, Alex, who is the brother of singer songwriter James Bay, said: "I know a couple of people who have worked with Melanie C before.

"She was working on this new duet track and they were looking for the right voice to match."
I went along and I guess my voice just fit with the sound they are looking for. She is a really lovely lady.

"The track is going to be released in April, I am not exactly sure when but some point during the month, and is going to feature extensively on national radio, which is really exciting."

However the duet is not the only collaboration between Alex and Sporty Spice. The Hitchin-born singer is set to hit the road as Mel C's opening act in April and May.

"My live agent, who books my gigs, also books Mel C's gigs so it just made sense that I open for her on the tour," he said.

"We are playing shows in the UK starting on April 4, then in May the tour is going to Europe, we have got shows in Ireland and Germany.

"These will be the first shows I have played outside the country."

This year is shaping up to be a big one for Alex Francis, from the duet to Mel C, to releasing a brand new single Make Believe on Friday, and playing festivals across the country.

"I have got a new EP coming out in early April, we have not got a firm date yet but it will be out for the tour, if you come to a show you will be able to buy physical copies.

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/james-bay-s-brother-hitchin-s-alex-francis-to-feature-on-duet-with-spice-girl-8217-s-melanie-c/story-30172398-detail/story.html

Didn't knew that he was James Bay brother! Should we expect a re-release of Version of Me in the UK? Let's keep hoping for a vinyl release? :love:

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
felx

Re: Alex Francis Interview: Hold On, new UK single, out in April

Postby felx » 01 Mar 2017, 19:39

NO Hold On please....nice track but not single material........

she is doing the same mistakes over and over again with her single choices.....shame
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
dentistologo

Postby dentistologo » 01 Mar 2017, 19:43

A Vinyl Re-issue would be fantastic!! <3
Thank you, my ladies! Keep spicing it up! :D
Imageimagenes gratis
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 01 Mar 2017, 19:53

'Hold On' is a fantastic choice! It's probably the most radio-friendly track on the album. I knew it would be a single as soon as I watched the 'Version of Me' EPK. Hopefully Radio 2 will be hammering it extensively. :music:
felx

Postby felx » 01 Mar 2017, 19:54

Red Boy wrote:'Hold On' is a fantastic choice! It's probably the most radio-friendly track on the album. I knew it would be a single as soon as I watched the 'Version of Me' EPK. Hopefully Radio 2 will be hammering it extensively. :music:

most radio friendly????????

VOM, RFL,LYB even Escalator and SFYF is more radio friendly than Hold on..... :Dizzy:
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 01 Mar 2017, 20:33

felx wrote:
Red Boy wrote:'Hold On' is a fantastic choice! It's probably the most radio-friendly track on the album. I knew it would be a single as soon as I watched the 'Version of Me' EPK. Hopefully Radio 2 will be hammering it extensively. :music:

most radio friendly????????

VOM, RFL,LYB even Escalator and SFYF is more radio friendly than Hold on..... :Dizzy:

Version of Me & Something for the Fire are not very radio-friendly, in my opinion.

Room for Love, Loving You Better & Escalator would have been excellent single choices too, but I can see why Hold On has been chosen.
athilak

Postby athilak » 01 Mar 2017, 20:41

theres only 4 radio-friendly track on the album: Dear Life, Anymore, Room For Love and Loving You Better.

For next single I would choose Loving You Better. All this song needs is just a nice video like NBTSA and some decent promotion.
Room For love is good but theres nothing special.
kamel

Postby kamel » 01 Mar 2017, 22:18

This can be her next top 20 single since loving you
tommie

Postby tommie » 01 Mar 2017, 22:21

kamel wrote:This can be her next top 20 single since loving you

She really has no chance since streaming was introduced. At best it'll spend a few weeks on the iTunes top 200 chart and push a few more sales of Version of Me.
felx

Postby felx » 01 Mar 2017, 22:22

kamel wrote:This can be her next top 20 single since loving you

you cant even compare Hold On to Loving You......LY is so much better.....

if she couldn't reach top 20 with Anymore she wont with Hold On for sure......
ilovepollo
Previous username(s): Josesainz19, Josealcazar87

Postby ilovepollo » 01 Mar 2017, 22:54

I like Hold On. I don't know why people here are so obsessed with charts! I only wish to watch a new video.
We are not in the 90's, she's making music and videos because she wants to. I don't think she's looking for another hit. We have to have fun with her music and forget everything about charts, flop, sales...
felx

Postby felx » 01 Mar 2017, 22:58

ilovepollo wrote:I like Hold On. I don't know why people here are so obsessed with charts! I only wish to watch a new video.
We are not in the 90's, she's making music and videos because she wants to. I don't think she's looking for another hit. We have to have fun with her music and forget everything about charts, flop, sales...

after Dear life video....I lost my faith in her videos to be honest......Hold on is a ballad....(boring song).....expect some extra boring video
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Postby Paul » 01 Mar 2017, 23:05

I really enjoy 'Hold On' and can see good radio airplay tbh. But I would enjoy RFL or LYB more as a single.

'Hold On' does mix things up a bit & lends itself to a UK re-release of 'Version of Me'. Could push the promo in this during the tour perhaps.
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 01 Mar 2017, 23:19

Shame it wasn't as a double a side or double release. I don't see Hold On as a single in a million years.
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 02 Mar 2017, 00:58

No idea why the choice neither... that's a weird track that doesn't match with anything in the album and probably my least favorite too. :think:
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 02 Mar 2017, 01:36

Wasn't this álbum being marketed as an electronic álbum? This track is anything but...
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 02 Mar 2017, 01:56

Maybe its a release only for G/S/A?
Emma Station |
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 02 Mar 2017, 02:31

I am starting to feel lost with Version Of Me... I thought this will be an electronic dance album since Numb and Anymore were the first songs introduced. Well obviously not because they are the only two upbeat songs on the entire album... Then Dear Life became a single. It's a good ballad song and it's being electronic made it extra special but all the acoustic performances do not give this song justice especially Anymore. Then One Minute and Hold On were included on the Deluxe Edition of Version Of Me. Another set of ballad songs which are good songs but now Hold On will be released as a single? So I think it's okay to assume that more acoustic performances are coming our way...
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 02 Mar 2017, 04:47

tiagohm wrote:Maybe its a release only for G/S/A?

it says 'national radio' and it's a uk website, so I assume that is on the UK.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
Kamcio

Postby Kamcio » 02 Mar 2017, 08:48

looooove this song, so glad its going to be treated as a single. Alex Francis is a HOT TOPIC at the moment, she could reach to new audiences.
tommie

Postby tommie » 02 Mar 2017, 08:54

I'd assume that Alex Francis label/management might help fund the single release, so it's obvious why she went with that.
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 02 Mar 2017, 09:59

Maybe it was already planned to release the duet in UK indipendently From VOF and then she added as bonus track on german release. It could be single in ASG if will be succesfull in Uk as They did with Loving you.
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
Jupiter

Postby Jupiter » 02 Mar 2017, 14:58

I love Hold On, was surprised when I heard it how it didn't make the original tracklist. It's very radio friendly too and far superior to Loving You.
bryand

Postby bryand » 02 Mar 2017, 16:22

Love love love HOLD ON! Very radio friendly and a hot duet!
felx

Postby felx » 02 Mar 2017, 16:26

I cant believe some of you thinks HO is radio friendly.......it is repetitive.....nice track.....but that's it.....
there is at least 3 tracks on the album that are more radio friendly...and more electronic.....

RFL is loved by 90% of her fans...

and everyone who is comparing Hold on to Loving you...is listening a different song.....:D

Return to “Melanie C”