'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ New Single - Download/Stream now available

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
bryand

Re: 'Hold On' (feat. Alex Francis) ☆ New Single - Download/Stream now available

Postby bryand » 18 Mar 2017, 23:13

Javi wrote:^Do you even know what the word "fluke" means?

I do indeed. Do you? If you're not sure just google it. Simple :)
carlojosegomez8

Re: Alex Francis Interview: Hold On, new UK single, out in April

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 18 Mar 2017, 23:30

argispice wrote:Recently added on her MELANIECVEVO account ... :love: :love: :love:

I love this perfomance although I hope She doesn't consider this like the official video ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Does this means that Hold On is also a single on G/S/A? :confused:
MC2016

Postby MC2016 » 18 Mar 2017, 23:35

Yes, I believe so. She performed it on national tv there...
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 18 Mar 2017, 23:48

MC2016 wrote:Yes, I believe so. She performed it on national tv there...

Yeah... I think so too. I believe this is the same set of acoustic performances that was shown live on FB or IG before by SONY music and now they uploaded the video with a comment stating Melanie's next single. :)
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 19 Mar 2017, 00:05

bryand wrote:

You need to google it mate. A fluke means a surprise or something that you were not expecting to happen.

Nobody (or very few) people thought the single would go top 20 since neither act had been top 20 for a few years (Matt hadn't entered the top 20 for 2 years and Melanie hadn't entered the top 20 for 8 years).

Jay isn't bashing Melanie at all so stop being so argumentative. :rolleyes:
bryand

Postby bryand » 19 Mar 2017, 00:35

spicefreak wrote:
bryand wrote:

You need to google it mate. A fluke means a surprise or something that you were not expecting to happen.

Nobody (or very few) people thought the single would go top 20 since neither act had been top 20 for a few years (Matt hadn't entered the top 20 for 2 years and Melanie hadn't entered the top 20 for 8 years).

Erm all I asked is why it was a fluke in the first instance. Maybe scroll down and you'll see who gets " argumentative" and patronising mate! :Dizzy:
bryand

Re: Alex Francis Interview: Hold On, new UK single, out in April

Postby bryand » 19 Mar 2017, 00:53

sammy01 wrote:
Samuel-Bennett wrote:[vimeo][/vimeo]
argispice wrote:Recently added on her MELANIECVEVO account ... :love: :love: :love:

I love this perfomance although I hope She doesn't consider this like the official video ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is a million times better than the TV performance. Melanie sounded great. He is AWFUL live though. He sounds like he's on drugs and can hardly sing. He's ruined 2 performances doing that. I'm glad it sounds good on the studio version

I thought it was just me, I couldn't even understand half of what he was singing in that video. He isn't good looking, I have more twitter followers than him and his performing 'style' is like some random drunk guy. The decision to duet with him and then release it as a single is baffling. I mean I'm sure there were others out there who would have jumped at a duet with Mel who had their own little following too (like Matt Cardle), this is like she has picked some random guy from the pub.

I like his voice but agree it's hard to understand some of the words. I don't know why his looks, twitter followers , Melanie's choice of artist etc matter or have anything to do with it but hey ho I guess everyone has varying levels of expectation. For me if only could be clearer in his diction. Everything else is by the by :)
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 19 Mar 2017, 01:10

Well part of the reasons Mel fluked that top 20 with Matt is the tabloids picked up on the were they wont they dating, which they played on including in the video. It got people watching the video and thus into the song. Matt is a good looking guy with a small but dedicated fanbase and a it all helped in making the song a hit.

People usually duet as a way to pull together 2 fanbases and bring in people that wouldn't normally listen to that artist. Alex seemingly has no fanbase and isn't a pin up to attract people who see a pic of him to listen out of interest.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 19 Mar 2017, 01:45

bryand wrote:
spicefreak wrote:
bryand wrote:

Erm all I asked is why it was a fluke in the first instance. Maybe scroll down and you'll see who gets " argumentative" and patronising mate! :Dizzy:

And Jay explained you why was that to which you responded aggressively so maybe calm down a bit and take a deep breath before posting something else again?
bryand

Postby bryand » 19 Mar 2017, 02:23

The Spice Girls wrote:
bryand wrote:
spicefreak wrote:
bryand wrote:

And Jay explained you why was that to which you responded aggressively so maybe calm down a bit and take a deep breath before posting something else again?

Excuse me?? Me aggressive? ROFL! The only aggressive ones are the anti Mel C brigade so before you make throw away comments - oh never mind...... my breath will be wasted :wave:
spicefreak

Postby spicefreak » 19 Mar 2017, 02:38

bryand wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
bryand wrote:
spicefreak wrote:

Excuse me?? Me aggressive? ROFL! The only aggressive ones are the anti Mel C brigade so before you make throw away comments - oh never mind...... my breath will be wasted :wave:

Jay explained what he meant and you still went on... :rolleyes:

As for the anti Melanie brigade, they are seriously pathetic... but you can be just as bad, try not to be the pot.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 19 Mar 2017, 02:44

bryand wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
bryand wrote:
spicefreak wrote:

You're excused :D

spicefreak

Postby spicefreak » 19 Mar 2017, 02:58

The Spice Girls wrote:
bryand wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
bryand wrote:

You're just as bad... worse in fact.
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 19 Mar 2017, 03:28

spicefreak wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
bryand wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

You're just as bad... worse in fact.

:Dizzy: :dizzy:

With what exactly?! :think:
alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Postby alexgirardii » 19 Mar 2017, 06:26

Hold On is charting.

iTunes:
#178 Brazil

:hmm:
Spice Girls feat. Indigno Kid
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Mar 2017, 06:43

I can't quite believe what my correct usage of the word "fluke" has caused! :p :hunny:
bryand

Postby bryand » 19 Mar 2017, 09:56

spicefreak wrote:
bryand wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:
bryand wrote:

Jay explained what he meant and you still went on... :rolleyes:

As for the anti Melanie brigade, they are seriously pathetic... but you can be just as bad, try not to be the pot.

How can I be anti MC when all I do is defend her? I never swear, never get aggressive, never take the pee out of how someone looks......so please show me how I'm just as bad? If someone is all the above then they get my opinion - simple!
bryand

Postby bryand » 19 Mar 2017, 10:06

Jay wrote:I can't quite believe what my correct usage of the word "fluke" has caused! :p :hunny:

Indeed! And apparently when I asked you why exactly you think it was a fluke I was aggressive! Some people need to differentiate between someone asking a simple question and thinking it's an attack . Healthy debates are far and few between on here these days lol :Dizzy:
mad_ad
Custom Title: MelanieC all the way

Postby mad_ad » 19 Mar 2017, 10:27

No cd single? - no b-side? and no huge difference with the radio edit?

Pass...
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 19 Mar 2017, 13:04

Just asked on twitter if there are plans to release a limited edition on digipack.
We are on time to release it between end of April / beginning of May
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 19 Mar 2017, 14:24

Samuel-Bennett wrote:Have people been buying it? I've not. It'd be nice to get some more info. Will there be a proper video? A physical? I don't buy mp3s so I'm not gonna buy this if a physical is planned. If there's no physical planned I might buy it. I've already got the deluxe album though so have the song (yes I'm aware that this is a shorter version)

I'm feeling the same. On instinct I was tempted to buy it when I seen (Radio Edit), but I'm going to hold off to see what a physical release might include, if one is planned. I've already spent so much money on this album, happily, but it's time to start putting on some restraints.
Also, I wish the artwork for the single was a little more inspiring, but I do love the song which is what counts.
@jonnyrecord #horror
NearlyCivilized
Custom Title: vegans do it better

Postby NearlyCivilized » 19 Mar 2017, 14:25

gingerboy wrote:Just asked on twitter if there are plans to release a limited edition on digipack.

Asked whom on Twitter?
@jonnyrecord #horror
gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 19 Mar 2017, 14:27

NearlyCivilized wrote:
gingerboy wrote:Just asked on twitter if there are plans to release a limited edition on digipack.

Asked whom on Twitter?

MelanieCmusic
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 19 Mar 2017, 19:35

Hopefully there will be a CD single release (btw I couldn't find your tweet asking about that gingerboy, are you set to private?)

Not feeling too bothered to download the radio edit. Is the only difference the shorter intro, or is there any other cuts in the song?
Agent_Spice
Custom Title: Escrow Spice

Postby Agent_Spice » 19 Mar 2017, 22:13

Samuel-Bennett wrote:Have people been buying it? I've not. It'd be nice to get some more info. Will there be a proper video? A physical? I don't buy mp3s so I'm not gonna buy this if a physical is planned. If there's no physical planned I might buy it. I've already got the deluxe album though so have the song (yes I'm aware that this is a shorter version)

I couldn't agree more. I felt similar frustration with the release of the Dear Life mixes when we knew there was a CD single coming but the track listing hadn't been announced. It seems counterproductive to spend money on a digital release when the tracks could be featured on a physical release. I don't mind supporting Melanie C, but I don't see why I should pay for the same tracks twice if I don't have to.

Unfortunately with some releases, the digital versions are often available for a limited time so if you don't buy now, you run the risk of missing out. So I always buy now and regret later. Melanie C is generally good about preserving her own releases, but even some of her related releases (Matt Cardle and Rev Run) have been completely pulled or restricted. Thankfully her prices are fairly reasonable so I'm not too perturbed about Hold On. I just wish we knew if there was a physical single coming so we could make an informed decision over how to support the release.

This actually reminds me of the release of Headlines when the track was available digitally for two weeks before the physical single was released (and one week before the Greatest Hits album). It seems like a missed opportunity to combine sales and have a stronger impact. No physical release has been announced and the featured artist revealed the single would be released sometime in April and now we have a digital release out in mid-March.

Return to “Melanie C”