Mel C will support All saints

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
King

Re: Mel C will support All saints

Postby King » 11 Mar 2017, 13:34

I don't see anything negative in this. Mel is not a big act in UK so why not perform infront of an audience that will probably like her stuff as All Saints are a pop act like her.
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 11 Mar 2017, 16:12

She's friends with them so what's the big deal with being out there supporting them and doing her own thing , Go Mel :love:
Last edited by Blond Pharaoh on 11 Mar 2017, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 11 Mar 2017, 17:57

I don't think it's bad really... They're bigger than Melanie C

It would be SO weird if it was All Saints supporting Melanie C
addictedsober

Postby addictedsober » 11 Mar 2017, 18:16

i hope she gets to do a few songs with them... One Strike would be nice, War of Nerves... love all saints!
would love to go!
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 11 Mar 2017, 20:35

soul0 wrote:Is no one else happy that she's simply got a summer gig where she can reach 6,000+ audience members with her new material?

Exactly. These things aren't bad. All Saints fans will know the Spice Girls. So they might be quite excited to see her. Plus some of them may become fans of Melanie or buy the album.

Also All Saints are supporting Take That on tour this year. It's just a case of performing when and where you can.

I wanted to go but can't cuz I'm getting married the next day lol
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 11 Mar 2017, 20:46

I don't see this as being embarrassing/sad for her in the slightest. She's a performer, and if she's getting out there and performing to thousands, how is this a problem? :confused:
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 11 Mar 2017, 21:02

Jay wrote:I don't see this as being embarrassing/sad for her in the slightest. She's a performer, and if she's getting out there and performing to thousands, how is this a problem? :confused:

There's absolutely no problem about her performing to thousands. That'll be great! But support acts are usually less famous than the actual act that their supporting, right? I guess some of us here still can't accept that fact including myself that All Saints is now more famous than a Spice Girl. Haha! I still think "Guest Performance" will do rather than "Support Act"... :)
Paul
Custom Title: Say No To The World

Postby Paul » 11 Mar 2017, 22:04

I love All Saints so GET IN! And what a fun summery outing. :music:

I do think they should be co-headlining though really. Should be a great atmosphere nonetheless and Mel should get to do an hour set.
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

Postby *Babyboy* » 13 Mar 2017, 00:37

Red Boy wrote:
Archie wrote:I don't want to sound negative, I love Mel with all my heart, but it's so sad... sad that a performer that was on top of her game and on top of all the charts is now a support act to a band, that was less successful then spice girls and now also not successful as Melanie herself. Flop act supporting a flop group. And sorry about this post, but that's make me sad (((

Everyone was "less successful" than the Spice Girls (in their heyday). So...? :rolleyes:

And I'm sure your life is a flop. :wave:

You are so rude when someone has a different opinion about Melanie.
Grown up.
bryand

Postby bryand » 13 Mar 2017, 00:47

carlojosegomez8 wrote:
Jay wrote:I don't see this as being embarrassing/sad for her in the slightest. She's a performer, and if she's getting out there and performing to thousands, how is this a problem? :confused:

There's absolutely no problem about her performing to thousands. That'll be great! But support acts are usually less famous than the actual act that their supporting, right? I guess some of us here still can't accept that fact including myself that All Saints is now more famous than a Spice Girl. Haha! I still think "Guest Performance" will do rather than "Support Act"... :)

I really wouldn't lose too much sleep over this if I were you lol :dee:
bryand

Postby bryand » 13 Mar 2017, 00:50

*Babyboy* wrote:
Red Boy wrote:
Archie wrote:I don't want to sound negative, I love Mel with all my heart, but it's so sad... sad that a performer that was on top of her game and on top of all the charts is now a support act to a band, that was less successful then spice girls and now also not successful as Melanie herself. Flop act supporting a flop group. And sorry about this post, but that's make me sad (((

Everyone was "less successful" than the Spice Girls (in their heyday). So...? :rolleyes:

And I'm sure your life is a flop. :wave:

You are so rude when someone has a different opinion about Melanie.
Grown up.

The problem here and on this forum is that people are obsessed with the word " flop". So so sad but hey if that's how they measure life then fill your boots :wave:
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 13 Mar 2017, 01:55

bryand wrote:
carlojosegomez8 wrote:

I really wouldn't lose too much sleep over this if I were you lol :dee:

:) I'm from Manila Philippines. We might have a different timezone. I'm wide awake when most of you is sleeping but thanks for your concern. :)
alexgirardii
Custom Title: back in business

Postby alexgirardii » 13 Mar 2017, 04:18

We should all accept that Melanie C is not a big mainstream artist and get over with that.
Spice Girls feat. Indigno Kid
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 13 Mar 2017, 06:18

A friend showed me a tweet (or a few tweets) about fans tweeting Melanie C that it should be the other way around... All Saints supporting Melanie C...

Come on guys! We love the girls. We love Melanie C but dunno if those fans are truly for real or making fun or what... but really?

No disrespect to Melanie C or her fans but ... well I don't even think I need to explain it any further
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 13 Mar 2017, 14:14

I got my tickets!!! I won't be able to attend her tour so I'm very excited for this. Seeing All Saints is good a plus
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 13 Mar 2017, 14:57

To be fair, it's a matter of hierarchy.

Spice Girls > All Saints > Solo Spice Girls > Solo All Saints

So it's not that sad that a solo Spice Girl supports the full All Saints band, same as one solo All Saint was a guest on a Melanie C concert. It would be sad if Melanie was supporting the Appleton's tour or if the Spice Girls were the supporting act of All Saints. But what's currently happening, to me, is more than ok. All Saints as a band are currently bigger and more demanded in the UK than solo Melanie C. And despite Melanie being supper successful in 1999-2000, All Saints were a lot more successful than her, so I don't see why exactly some you think Melanie C supporting All Saints is low or sad.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
felx

Postby felx » 13 Mar 2017, 15:53

Javi wrote:To be fair, it's a matter of hierarchy.

So it's not that sad that a solo Spice Girl supports the full All Saints band, same as one solo All Saint was a guest on a Melanie C concert. It would be sad if Melanie was supporting the Appleton's tour or if the Spice Girls were the supporting act of All Saints. But what's currently happening, to me, is more than ok. All Saints as a band are currently bigger and more demanded in the UK than solo Melanie C. And despite Melanie being supper successful in 1999-2000, All Saints were a lot more successful than her, so I don't see why exactly some you think Melanie C supporting All Saints is low or sad.

this!
Well said

by the way....I think it was only Melanie who called herself a supporting act when she tweeted about it......the other tweets are saying All Saints and Melanie C
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 13 Mar 2017, 16:49

To me it is just the job is like Mel B taking some crappy tv job for a week. She'll do like 6 songs, ITTY NBTSA WYG a Spice girls song and Anymore/Dear life. No one will rush and buy her album, the crowd will only engage with the NS era songs or the Spice song.

It is just a quick cash job, which I don't like when any of the girls do such a thing.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
felx

Postby felx » 13 Mar 2017, 16:52

sammy01 wrote:To me it is just the job is like Mel B taking some crappy tv job for a week. She'll do like 6 songs, ITTY NBTSA WYG a Spice girls song and Anymore/Dear life. No one will rush and buy her album, the crowd will only engage with the NS era songs or the Spice song.

It is just a quick cash job, which I don't like when any of the girls do such a thing.

Mel B (spice girl) singer........doing random crappy TV jobs

Melanie C (spice girl) singer.........SINGING on some festival......

not the same to me sorry.....
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 13 Mar 2017, 17:22

The only sad thing about all this is this kind of sad thinking. I can only see a great fun gig that I´d love to go to if I had the chance
goin down

Postby goin down » 13 Mar 2017, 22:50

She will do more than six songs !
I saw all saints play Brixton last year. They only played for 1hr 15 mins ....
Melanie will at least have a 45 minute set I think .
I hope for a set like under the bridge but electronic .
'all i can tell you is to know who you are'
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 14 Mar 2017, 00:52

goin down wrote:She will do more than six songs !
I saw all saints play Brixton last year. They only played for 1hr 15 mins ....
Melanie will at least have a 45 minute set I think .
I hope for a set like under the bridge but electronic .

I really hope so, I would love a setlist like Under the Bridge.
mg

Postby mg » 14 Mar 2017, 09:10

sammy01 wrote:To me it is just the job is like Mel B taking some crappy tv job for a week. She'll do like 6 songs, ITTY NBTSA WYG a Spice girls song and Anymore/Dear life. No one will rush and buy her album, the crowd will only engage with the NS era songs or the Spice song.

Once you are offered some money for a job and you have a family behind you then say no.
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 14 Mar 2017, 10:10

felx wrote:
Javi wrote:To be fair, it's a matter of hierarchy.

this!
Well said

by the way....I think it was only Melanie who called herself a supporting act when she tweeted about it......the other tweets are saying All Saints and Melanie C

This is the actual article on the website...

http://www.kewthemusic.org/2017/03/10/all-saints-melanie-c-thursday-13-july/

But I like the poster image showing All Saints + Melanie C...

I'm good with this now and totally agree with the statement above...
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 14 Mar 2017, 14:59

All Saints (4) + Melanie C (1) = 5

Just pick a song from the Spice Girls and give us life!

Return to “Melanie C”