Melanie C in Brazil (São Paulo & Rio de Janeiro) +VOM BR edition (OUT NOW) & TV appearances

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
_Douglas_

Re: Melanie C is visiting Brazil (São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro) +VOM is getting a BR edition

Postby _Douglas_ » 30 Apr 2017, 11:15

^^there are just few more tickets left. It will definitely sell out soon. I'd consider it a success on the bases that there was no promo at all for this apart from Melanie's self made video and one interview to "Papel Pop".

So let's go to the maths:

60x1000 VIP (sold out)
500x500 premium (67 left for both cities) - will Sell out
50x350 convivência (sold out)
500x 125 (half entry) 250 (full price) standard - unknown selling numbers
(Info YO! Entretenimento)

So this would make minimum 327.500,00 Brazilian reais (79 thousand GBP). This makes almost 40 thousand GBP collected per event! Failure? Hardly think so.

And let's face it that this trip is a promotional one, where normally the artist, record companies and promoting agencies have to finantiate from their pockets. And with this, they're paying it all (?). Who knows about a tour, but this was not a fail!
philippifloripa

Re: Melanie C is visiting Brazil (São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro) +VOM is getting a BR edition

Postby philippifloripa » 30 Apr 2017, 12:58

_Douglas_ wrote:^^there are just few more tickets left. It will definitely sell out soon. I'd consider it a success on the bases that there was no promo at all for this apart from Melanie's self made video and one interview to "Papel Pop".

So let's go to the maths:

60x1000 VIP (sold out)
500x500 premium (67 left for both cities) - will Sell out
350x50 convivência (sold out)
125 (half entry) 250 (full price) x500 standard - unknown selling numbers
(Info YO! Entretenimento)

So this would make minimum 327.500,00 Brazilian reais (79 thousand GBP). This makes almost 40 thousand GBP collected per event! Failure? Hardly think so.

And let's face it that this trip is a promotional one, where normally the artist, record companies and promoting agencies have to finantiate from their pockets. And with this, they're paying it all (?). Who knows about a tour, but this was not a fail!

Totally agree with u!!
philippifloripa

Postby philippifloripa » 30 Apr 2017, 13:11

Got the VIP ticket to Rio!!! Cant wait!!!!
T-Chisholm
Custom Title: hi-see ya-hold tight

Postby T-Chisholm » 30 Apr 2017, 13:56

And the fact that it is not sold out yet doesn't mean she has not enough public. Tickets are way too expensive and not everyone can afford paying to them. 1000 reais, 500 reais or even 125 reais are unrealistic prices for the general public to go to a 25 minutes set event.
Masterpiece
Custom Title: Immune

Postby Masterpiece » 30 Apr 2017, 17:06

Just notice I didn't say the events failed anyhow. Just pointed out how small her fan base actually is here. And don't forget many fans bought both events, like me.

The prices have nothing to do with it, I'm not talking about the general public. One would think fans wanted to SEE HER, any possible way. Especially with all the 20 years #ComeToBrazil drama. But no.

Of course, the exposure of coming here, finally promoting her material (and mentioning the Spice Girls a lot) will put her back on the map. Fingers crossed she'll come back for a proper gig, then we'll see.

:)
N@ndo

Postby N@ndo » 30 Apr 2017, 17:48

Just want to point out I have friends who are Spice fans who would totally love to see her but didnt buy tickets either because they thought it was expensive or because they wouldnt seat near me because our tickets were different. And these friends said they would also prefer to pay for a full concert. Sometimes artists dont have super fans but instead lots of admirers of their work who would pay to see them play instead of answer some questions.
Bobbie

Postby Bobbie » 30 Apr 2017, 18:14

Got two premium tickets for the event in Rio! One for me, another for my hubby. He's not a real fan of hers or the Spice Girls', but if I go, he goes. I thought there wouldn't be any available any longer, but there were. It's a pity they gave us separate seats. They seem to be in the same row, and not very separate from one another, but still I hoped we could seat together. Anyway, just saying.

I have never seen any Spice Girl close, performing live. This will be my very first experience!
Masterpiece

Postby Masterpiece » 30 Apr 2017, 18:41

Bobbie wrote:Got two premium tickets for the event in Rio! One for me, another for my hubby. He's not a real fan of hers or the Spice Girls', but if I go, he goes. I thought there wouldn't be any available any longer, but there were. It's a pity they gave us separate seats. They seem to be in the same row, and not very separate from one another, but still I hoped we could seat together. Anyway, just saying.

I have never seen any Spice Girl close, performing live. This will be my very first experience!

I was wondering about that too. There is a "ticket/seat" number, but does it really matter? Most people attending the events have seen Melanie, so I don't think people would mind changing seats. LOL
YourMistake

Postby YourMistake » 01 May 2017, 00:11

T-Chisholm wrote:And the fact that it is not sold out yet doesn't mean she has not enough public. Tickets are way too expensive and not everyone can afford paying to them. 1000 reais, 500 reais or even 125 reais are unrealistic prices for the general public to go to a 25 minutes set event.

Exactly. With almost zero promo and taking into consideration it's just 1/5 of the SGs I don't see any problem either. Lots of people will find out she had been there after she's back to the UK, sadly.
Do you believe in life after love?
Bobbie

Postby Bobbie » 01 May 2017, 04:42

Masterpiece, I thought about that as well. Hopefully, someone won't mind exchanging seats with me or my husband, especially since they are in the same row. But if nothing of the sort happens, that's ok too. I'm exhilarated just to have the chance to see Mel for once in my life.
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 01 May 2017, 04:54

Seating numbers? Where did you get them?
I have my ticket in my phone, and I don't see anything regarding a seat.

I bought Premium, that maybe is the reason?

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 01 May 2017, 09:59

You guys should message YO! Entretenimento on facebook, they've been very helpful so far! :)
Masterpiece

Postby Masterpiece » 01 May 2017, 11:16

Bobbie wrote:I'm exhilarated just to have the chance to see Mel for once in my life.

THIS.

I just hope people will respect first timers.
HermeSpice
Custom Title: Hot n Cold

Postby HermeSpice » 01 May 2017, 13:15

^^so happy for everyone in Brazil. Especially my best friend Sarita (she's not on Denden). I had the opportunity to see Melanie C live many times. But never actually met her or taking a photo with her like many of you have. And although I'm little bit jealous of her, I couldn't be happier.
Bobbie

Postby Bobbie » 01 May 2017, 15:32

FabianC wrote:Seating numbers? Where did you get them?
I have my ticket in my phone, and I don't see anything regarding a seat.

I bought Premium, that maybe is the reason?

The seat number came on my printed tickets. I chose to print them at home. But surely printing wasn't the reason why the numbers appeared. I have no idea why you can't find yours.
Bobbie

Postby Bobbie » 01 May 2017, 15:34

FabianC, my tickets are premium too (forgot to mention).
Bobbie

Postby Bobbie » 01 May 2017, 15:37

And Masterpiece, not only is this the first time I see a Spice Girl, this is the first time in my life I go to a concert (ok, I know this won't be a full concert, but anyway...) by an artist I am a fan of. And I'm 36!
Masterpiece

Postby Masterpiece » 01 May 2017, 17:35

Bobbie wrote:And Masterpiece, not only is this the first time I see a Spice Girl, this is the first time in my life I go to a concert (ok, I know this won't be a full concert, but anyway...) by an artist I am a fan of. And I'm 36!

Wow!! Hopefully, it will be fantastic for everyone!! Believe it or not, my mother is coming with me. How about that?
Bobbie

Postby Bobbie » 01 May 2017, 18:44

Masterpiece wrote:
Bobbie wrote:And Masterpiece, not only is this the first time I see a Spice Girl, this is the first time in my life I go to a concert (ok, I know this won't be a full concert, but anyway...) by an artist I am a fan of. And I'm 36!

Wow!! Hopefully, it will be fantastic for everyone!! Believe it or not, my mother is coming with me. How about that?

That's lovely!!

I hope to be able to meet you there and other dendeners too.
Red Boy
Custom Title: On A Mission

Postby Red Boy » 02 May 2017, 00:52

_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 02 May 2017, 03:24

^^ :love: :love: I was so happy to do this with Mel!
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 02 May 2017, 05:20

Masterpiece wrote:

That's LOVELY!! :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam: :adam:
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 02 May 2017, 05:24

I'm going to Sao Paulo!!!

Any fan out there? Don't know the city... Dunno what touristic places to go... Dunno where to stay yet
karlafalves

Postby karlafalves » 02 May 2017, 06:43

PeruvianSpice wrote:I'm going to Sao Paulo!!!

Any fan out there? Don't know the city... Dunno what touristic places to go... Dunno where to stay yet

Hello, dear! I am not from Sao Paulo and do not live there either, but I go there often. Hope I can help you with some tips.

Well, the place where the event is going to be held is Holiday Inn, a hotel. It's an option to stay and, of course, the easiest possible one, but it's kinda expensive. If you want something cheaper, you can try Airbnb (works fine there, as Uber) or the hostels around Avenida Paulista, the heart of the city and with a lot of metro stations. From there, you will be able to take metro to go to almost all the main areas of the city (I say almost, the metro map there is not as big/gigantic as NYC's, London's or Tokyo's, of course). That said, there's no metro from GRU international airport to the city (yeah, it's an absurd, I know); in case you're arriving there, you'll have to take taxi or bus to go to the city.

Sao Paulo is not as touristic as Rio, but being the biggest capital of my lovely country, you'll find many things to do there, it depends on what you're looking for to do. In this page (http://www.cidadedesaopaulo.com/sp/br/o ... turisticos), the official touristic site of the city, you can find a lot of options (of course, it's in Portuguese, but as you speak Spanish, creo que tú puedas comprender con un poco de facilidad todo lo que está descrito en la página :D)

Hope you enjoy your stay here!
Swinging it, shaking it, moving it and making it. Forever.
tiaguitop
Custom Title: Just 4U Entertainmen

Postby tiaguitop » 02 May 2017, 10:22

PeruvianSpice wrote:I'm going to Sao Paulo!!!

@yonarede has retwitted some links to Whatsapp groups :p
SP - https://t.co/O8BSBzIkYL

Return to “Melanie C”