Melanie C in Brazil (São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro) +VOM BR edition & TV appearances

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
FarAway

Re: Melanie is doing a pocket gig in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro!

Postby FarAway » 26 Apr 2017, 18:29

I doubt she'll sing On The Horizon here too. It's a musical performance inside a 1 hour Q&A. She'll probably do 2, 3 or 4 songs tops. My guess is it would be Anymore, Never Be The Same Again or I Turn To You (or both) and another one from Version of Me.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Re: Melanie just confirmed she's doing a gig in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro!

Postby FiaSpice » 26 Apr 2017, 19:38

Javi wrote:
marcmoraes wrote:
tiagohm wrote:
marcmoraes wrote:I'm quite curious if she will change the setlist. Perhaps add On The Horizon since is a brazilian fan favorite :P hahaha.

It is??

it was her last "hit" here in brasil. i remember hearing a lot on the radio (it was in a brazilian soap opera aswell).

'On The Horizon' is her 8th most successful single in the UK (tied with 'Loving You') chart-wise and that hasn't stopped her from ignoring it basically since the Reason era ended. So I wouldn't expect her to resurrect that song just because it was her last Brazilian hit.

^^this

Here it Comes Again was the only single to be relased physically in Canada, yet we had not heard it on TT tour (only at the Pride).
Spice & Solo stuff for sale here
marcmoraes
Previous username(s): Marc
Custom Title: Pain Proof

Re: Melanie just confirmed she's doing a gig in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro!

Postby marcmoraes » 26 Apr 2017, 21:22

Javi wrote:
marcmoraes wrote:
tiagohm wrote:
marcmoraes wrote:I'm quite curious if she will change the setlist. Perhaps add On The Horizon since is a brazilian fan favorite :P hahaha.

It is??

it was her last "hit" here in brasil. i remember hearing a lot on the radio (it was in a brazilian soap opera aswell).

'On The Horizon' is her 8th most successful single in the UK (tied with 'Loving You') chart-wise and that hasn't stopped her from ignoring it basically since the Reason era ended. So I wouldn't expect her to resurrect that song just because it was her last Brazilian hit.

It was just a joke :P even tho was her last "hit" here I know she ain't gonna perform since she never performed after Reason.
Snapple Spice

Re: Melanie is doing a pocket gig in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro!

Postby Snapple Spice » 26 Apr 2017, 23:45

The "chat" with 25 people sounds sooooo cool!

I don't go to many concerts, but I feel like those are reasonable prices? I paid like $40 for a Sum 41 concert, but I looked into Green Day tickets and they were over $150 for the furthest seats (both shows in NY)- for what you're getting here the prices seem great.
~I Love Melanie C :)~
_Douglas_

Re: Melanie C is visiting Brazil (São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro) +VOM is getting a BR edition

Postby _Douglas_ » 26 Apr 2017, 23:56

Informations we got so far:

-Melaine will probably do a 30 minutes set
-The band will be there with her (which means it won't probably be acoustic)
-There will be a Questions and Answers set
-There will be a meet and greet (personal photo taken with her) and an extra informal talk for 25 minutes (group photo taken with her)
-The event is planned to start at 11AM and take around 5-6 hours with a private pocket show for the press taking place after that.
-Tickets will be sold on this website here https://www.ingressorapido.com.br/

They also just said the CD is getting released in Brazil.
megzluvsmelc
Custom Title: Beautiful Mind

Re: Melanie C is visiting Brazil (São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro) +VOM is getting a BR edition

Postby megzluvsmelc » 27 Apr 2017, 00:47

So happy for Brazilian fans! :grin:

And meet and greet are so expensive! I really hope that she'll come to Australia someday too! :) It reminded me so much of when she did visit to Canada for This Time Tour 9 years ago!
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 27 Apr 2017, 02:20

Emma Station |
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 27 Apr 2017, 02:23

I wanna go to the Premium Experience but I need to know when will tickets be available since I need to know if I'll be able to get ticket planes
tiagohm

Postby tiagohm » 27 Apr 2017, 02:46

PeruvianSpice wrote:I wanna go to the Premium Experience but I need to know when will tickets be available since I need to know if I'll be able to get ticket planes

keep checking https://twitter.com/yonarede they will announce
Emma Station |
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 27 Apr 2017, 02:48

Thanks!!! :D

Hopefully there are cheap prices to stay
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 27 Apr 2017, 05:34

I hope Melanie's team will film it including the Meet and Greet part and release it on a DVD.
FarAway

Postby FarAway » 27 Apr 2017, 12:53

PeruvianSpice wrote:Thanks!!! :D

Hopefully there are cheap prices to stay

Last time I went to Rio I stayed at a hostel called Che Lagarto in Copacabana and it was cheap (and clean)
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 27 Apr 2017, 13:19

Amaranthine18 wrote:I hope Melanie's team will film it including the Meet and Greet part and release it on a DVD.

How random. Why would they film and release such an event when they didn't properly film a tour date with a full setlist?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
FarAway

Postby FarAway » 27 Apr 2017, 17:41

Today I was driving to work listening to a big radio station in my area (Atlântida radio, I live in the south ob Brazil) and they played Say You'll Be There while talking about Mel C coming to Brazil and the infos about her Q&A. So good to hear her name on the radio again
vic vic

Postby vic vic » 27 Apr 2017, 20:54

So jealous of you guys, wish she was doing something like that here in Mexico instead of that "festival" (since no one knows how long the setlist will be and tickets are very expensive).
Dan_Chisholm

Postby Dan_Chisholm » 27 Apr 2017, 23:51

gingerboy

Postby gingerboy » 28 Apr 2017, 00:03

Tickets on sale next saturday at 12AM

VIP EXPERIENCE (1000 R$ = 289€)
30 tickets per city

- Priority Access
- Seat for performance set
- Q&A on a privilege place
- Photo-Ops
- Selfie with Melanie C
- Brindis

PREMIUM (500 R$ = 144€)
250 tickets per city

- Q&A session
- Selfie with Melanie C
- Official kit

STANDART (250 R$ = 72€)
200 tickets per city

- Q&A session

CONVIVENCIA (350 R$ = 101€)
You need to buy apart a VIP (Final Price 390€)/Premium (Final Price 245€)/Standart (Final Price 173€) ticket
25 tickets per city

- Chat private for 25 minutes
- Options from ticket chosen

Time for Q&A = 40 minutes, with some prizes.
Time for performance = 25 minutes
Photo-Ops = Photo made by a professional photographer, later upload to internet during next ten days
Selfie with Melanie C = With your own camera
Convivencia = 25 minutes to sign records, presents to Melanie with a final photo group
Brindis = Private concert: Different dates, 21/06 Sao Paulo - Rio de Janeiro 26/06

Place:
Sao Paulo = Holiday Inn Hotel (June 24th)
Rio de Janeiro = Sheraton Barra Hotel (June 25th)
Last edited by gingerboy on 28 Apr 2017, 00:23, edited 2 times in total.
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 28 Apr 2017, 00:05

Javi wrote:
Amaranthine18 wrote:I hope Melanie's team will film it including the Meet and Greet part and release it on a DVD.

How random. Why would they film and release such an event when they didn't properly film a tour date with a full setlist?

It wouldn't be that weird actually. Do you remember in the BI era when she was so sucssesful in Portugal? the reedition of the cd was going to have a live dvd with a small concert. We ended up having only the audio because Melanie wanted to release Live Hits not long after that. I guess she thought that a "free" live dvd may harm the sales of the full price dvd.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 28 Apr 2017, 00:44

I guess I would be going to Sao Paulo but I need to know if I'll be able to buy tickets
Syd

Postby Syd » 28 Apr 2017, 04:41

It's looking better and better. I'm crossing my fingers for more "proper" shows in Brazil later this year (hopefully the rest of Latin America too?).

There are not many tickets, it's selling out for sure. Have fun you guys! Even though I know I'm not going I'm really excited about it.
Amaranthine18

Postby Amaranthine18 » 28 Apr 2017, 11:43

Javi wrote:

I mean the Meet and Greet part should come as a bonus a the DVD concert if ever there will be one. I love artists that include Meet and Greet video on their concert like Beyonce and Celine. :)
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 28 Apr 2017, 14:00

WhatTheHell wrote:
Javi wrote:

It wouldn't be that weird actually. Do you remember in the BI era when she was so sucssesful in Portugal? the reedition of the cd was going to have a live dvd with a small concert. We ended up having only the audio because Melanie wanted to release Live Hits not long after that. I guess she thought that a "free" live dvd may harm the sales of the full price dvd.

Amaranthine18 wrote:
Javi wrote:

I mean the Meet and Greet part should come as a bonus a the DVD concert if ever there will be one. I love artists that include Meet and Greet video on their concert like Beyonce and Celine. :)

But it's not a full concert, that's why I said that. It's supposed to be a 30 minutes set (6-7 songs). That's why I'd find very random if she released that on DVD instead of a full gig from the proper tour.

Film it to upload it on YouTube? Definitely, but bothering releasing it on DVD doesn't really make sense logistically. She would spend the same money she would spend by filming and producing a DVD of a whole show, but with just 1/3 of it.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 28 Apr 2017, 20:16

Better update:

-Melaine will do a 25 minutes set at the fan events.
-The band will be there with her (which means it won't probably be acoustic)
-There will be a Questions ans Answers set for 40 minutes.
-There will be a meet and greet (personal photo taken with her) for VIP and PREMIUM ticket holders, and an extra informal talk for 25 minutes with 25 people (group photo taken with her), for an extra ticket sold called "CONVIVÊNCIA".
-The event is planned to start at 11AM and take around 5-6 hours.
-There will be an exclusive merchandise given to VIP and PREMIUM ticket holders.
-There will be a private "pocket show" reserved for the press in a different date and VIP ticket holders (30 people per event), will be givenn an invitation to enter it.
-Tickets will be sold on Saturday 29/04 at 12 o'clock (Brazilian time), at this website here https://www.ingressorapido.com.br/

They also said that VOM is getting released in Brazil but it sounds like there will be a contract with a major record company like Melanie had in Germany.
FabianC
Custom Title: Beautifully Intended

Postby FabianC » 28 Apr 2017, 23:43

_Douglas_ wrote:They also said that VOM is getting released in Brazil but it sounds like there will be a contract with a major record company like Melanie had in Germany.

It has to be. All VOM songs were removed from streaming services here in Latin America. Even Anymore/Dear Life aren't avaliable now on YouTube.
Has to be Sony, or I hope.

My Melanie C & Spice Girls CD Collection - http://www.instagram.com/melaniecmusiccollection
Rafael_XCX

Postby Rafael_XCX » 29 Apr 2017, 00:48

FabianC wrote:
_Douglas_ wrote:They also said that VOM is getting released in Brazil but it sounds like there will be a contract with a major record company like Melanie had in Germany.

It has to be. All VOM songs were removed from streaming services here in Latin America. Even Anymore/Dear Life aren't avaliable now on YouTube.
Has to be Sony, or I hope.

It got removed from Spotify in the USA as well now!! Hopefully North America is in the plans soon too! :dee:

Return to “Melanie C”