Room for Love - Single Discussion

Levitate off the ground, getting up, getting down, let me see you post now
sammy01

Re: New Single discussions

Postby sammy01 » 24 Jul 2017, 13:57

bryand wrote:
Javi wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:Something for the Fire, Escalator and Room for Love have most streams on Spotify

Version of Me 171,000
Room For Love 120,000
Escalator 113,000
Loving You Better 104,000
Something For The Fire 102,000
Unravelling 87,000
Our History 85,000
Blame 73,000

Sorry I just can't leave you the fuck alone when you have just been proved with official facts that Something For The Fire isn't one of the most streamed songs on Spotify and you keep on saying it is. It's like you decide to ignore the facts because they don't suit your opinions. Really annoying for other users that might read you and think it's true when actually you're making up numbers and confusing people with them. Stop doing it.

Angels in Chains : 2
Oops wrong artist
:satan:

Actually Angels In Chains has 88,000, which give those numbers from Mel and that AIC has been out 8 months less than VOM, you might wanna make jokes about Mel's streaming numbers rather than Geri.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 24 Jul 2017, 18:08

^To be fair, those are album tracks. The 2 main singles have around 500k each. Which is hardly impressive anyway, but it's way more than Geri's single (with the advantage of being out for a longer period of time, of course).
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
bryand

Postby bryand » 24 Jul 2017, 18:31

sammy01 wrote:
bryand wrote:
Javi wrote:
Hannes84 wrote:Something for the Fire, Escalator and Room for Love have most streams on Spotify

Version of Me 171,000
Room For Love 120,000
Escalator 113,000
Unravelling 87,000
Our History 85,000
Blame 73,000

Sorry I just can't leave you the fuck alone when you have just been proved with official facts that Something For The Fire isn't one of the most streamed songs on Spotify and you keep on saying it is. It's like you decide to ignore the facts because they don't suit your opinions. Really annoying for other users that might read you and think it's true when actually you're making up numbers and confusing people with them. Stop doing it.

Oops wrong artist

Actually Angels In Chains has 88,000, which give those numbers from Mel and that AIC has been out 8 months less than VOM, you might wanna make jokes about Mel's streaming numbers rather than Geri.

Erm it's called being sarcastic! Lighten up dear :hug:
athilak

Postby athilak » 24 Jul 2017, 19:24

bryand wrote:
sammy01 wrote:
bryand wrote:
Javi wrote:
Version of Me 171,000
Room For Love 120,000
Escalator 113,000
Unravelling 87,000
Our History 85,000
Blame 73,000

Oops wrong artist

Erm it's called being sarcastic! Lighten up dear :hug:

In fact, AIC is a single from an artist who has been out for a long time. And it's something that engages george michale's fans. If you think on this side....88.000 is not that much... :Dizzy:
Melanie C still has a solid career after all... :inlove:
ilovepollo
Previous username(s): Josesainz19, Josealcazar87

Postby ilovepollo » 24 Jul 2017, 20:50

carlojosegomez8 wrote:
tiaguitop wrote:For me, a double A-Side would be awesome

Hahaha! NICE! For a moment there I really imagined seeing this single cover on Spotify. ;)

This would be amazing. My two favourite songs of the album in one single.
She could me a video for the two songs, wearing in red for RFL and pink in LYB... Oh wait, we are in the era of black and white dresses and horrible hair style.
athilak

Postby athilak » 24 Jul 2017, 21:02

If a new single has to come out, it has to be Room For Love. And I dare say a new mix even more eletronic would be better.
Melanie has a full schedule until the end of the year, so a new single to promote would go well.
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 25 Jul 2017, 00:20

Javi wrote:^To be fair, those are album tracks. The 2 main singles have around 500k each. Which is hardly impressive anyway, but it's way more than Geri's single (with the advantage of being out for a longer period of time, of course).

AIC will reach 500k I'm sure. Anymore has been out 10 months now, she has toured, promoted in lots of countries. 500k is awful tbh.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
ilovepollo
Previous username(s): Josesainz19, Josealcazar87

Postby ilovepollo » 25 Jul 2017, 00:41

[quote="sammy01"]
[quote="Javi"]
^To be fair, those are album tracks. The 2 main singles have around 500k each. Which is hardly impressive anyway, but it's way more than Geri's single (with the advantage of being out for a longer period of time, of course).
[/quote]
AIC will reach 500k I'm sure. Anymore has been out 10 months now, she has toured, promoted in lots of countries. 500k is awful tbh.[/quote]

I don't think AIC will ever reach 500k. A big part of the streams of the song comes from the first week, and then it flopped. That song has nothing to do against any of the songs of VoM. I know Geri's fans love it, but it's not a good song.
Well, maybe AIC reach 500k, but when this happen, every song for VOM will be over it.
Last edited by ilovepollo on 25 Jul 2017, 00:45, edited 3 times in total.
TECHNICOLOR

Postby TECHNICOLOR » 25 Jul 2017, 00:42

Im obssesed with Escalator live version.
bryand

Postby bryand » 25 Jul 2017, 01:06

sammy01 wrote:
Javi wrote:^To be fair, those are album tracks. The 2 main singles have around 500k each. Which is hardly impressive anyway, but it's way more than Geri's single (with the advantage of being out for a longer period of time, of course).

AIC will reach 500k I'm sure. Anymore has been out 10 months now, she has toured, promoted in lots of countries. 500k is awful tbh.

Still it's 499,998 more than AIC. :music:
carlojosegomez8

Postby carlojosegomez8 » 25 Jul 2017, 08:02

ilovepollo wrote:
carlojosegomez8 wrote:
tiaguitop wrote:For me, a double A-Side would be awesome

Hahaha! NICE! For a moment there I really imagined seeing this single cover on Spotify. ;)

This would be amazing. My two favourite songs of the album in one single.
She could me a video for the two songs, wearing in red for RFL and pink in LYB... Oh wait, we are in the era of black and white dresses and horrible hair style.

Don't forget the huge and big shoes to complete the whole style... :shrug:
Javi

Postby Javi » 25 Jul 2017, 12:28

ilovepollo wrote:
sammy01 wrote:

I don't think AIC will ever reach 500k. A big part of the streams of the song comes from the first week, and then it flopped. That song has nothing to do against any of the songs of VoM. I know Geri's fans love it, but it's not a good song.
Well, maybe AIC reach 500k, but when this happen, every song for VOM will be over it.

I agree. By the time AIC reaches 500k, 'Anymore' and 'Dear Life' will probably pass the million mark. Maybe, maaaaybe, in the long run they might have similar streams (if by whatever reason AIC gets a boost), but considering MC will promote her album this year and Geri seems to have stopped with AIC, I doubt that will happen.

Although they're still not comparable for real. Geri's single has only been slightly promoted in the UK. Melanie C did an extensive radio tour and has promoted in some European countries plus Brazil and has more promo scheduled for Mexico and Argentina. Her release has been a global one, while Geri's is a UK one technically.

It would be like comparing Half Of Me and Loving You.
Javi

Postby Javi » 25 Jul 2017, 12:33

Btw, not trying to sound rude here, but can we stop with "double A-side singles"? It's not the 90s or 00s anymore.

A double a-side single doesn't work like it used to, specially now that streams have overtaken the charts. Streams for both songs would be counted separately, so it would be like releasing two individual singles. Only sales of the physical single and the digital bundle would count towards the same song (which would be one of the 2, not both), but nowadays sales mean nothing on the charts so it still wouldn't be relevant at all and the final result would be two more flops singles in her catalogue.
[Dan]

Postby [Dan] » 25 Jul 2017, 13:46

Javi wrote:Btw, not trying to sound rude here, but can we stop with "double A-side singles"? It's not the 90s or 00s anymore.

A double a-side single doesn't work like it used to, specially now that streams have overtaken the charts. Streams for both songs would be counted separately, so it would be like releasing two individual singles. Only sales of the physical single and the digital bundle would count towards the same song (which would be one of the 2, not both), but nowadays sales mean nothing on the charts so it still wouldn't be relevant at all and the final result would be two more flops singles in her catalogue.

What I wanted to say but couldn't be bothered to haha. Double A side singles are completely redundant now, it just means releasing two singles at once.

The only song I'd want to see as a single now would be Room For Love, but I'd want a properly decent worth-watching-again music video to go with it!

And for the record I'm still glad Dear life was a single even though it didn't do great, it's still one of my absolute favourites from the album and from Melanie ever. :music:
guibonetto

Postby guibonetto » 25 Jul 2017, 20:44

The new single is Room For Love and probably will be announce next week :grin: ;)
tiaguitop
Custom Title: Just 4U Entertainmen

Postby tiaguitop » 25 Jul 2017, 21:06

Javi wrote:Btw, not trying to sound rude here, but can we stop with "double A-side singles"? It's not the 90s or 00s anymore.

Just expressed a wish, Doll.
Javi

Postby Javi » 25 Jul 2017, 21:08

tiaguitop wrote:

Yeah, but it's kind of like wishing she releases the VOM tour on VHS. :shrug:
WhatTheHell

Postby WhatTheHell » 26 Jul 2017, 01:50

Javi wrote:
tiaguitop wrote:

Yeah, but it's kind of like wishing she releases the VOM tour on VHS. :shrug:

For some reason that I can't identify, I would love that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
halloweenhead
Custom Title: SPICE FORCE FIVE

Postby halloweenhead » 26 Jul 2017, 06:42

Javi wrote:'Dear Life' is the new 'Better Alone'. Everybody loved it and wanted it to be a single until it flopped big time and everyone started complaining about it being a bad choice.

I never supported Better Alone or Dear Life for singles. But Version Of Me should be a single, as well as the amazing Room For Love (it has single written all over it).
1-2-3-4-5, SPICE-GIRLS!
_Douglas_

Postby _Douglas_ » 26 Jul 2017, 07:27

'Room For Love' apparently will be the next single!
spicyjellybaby
Custom Title: AKA Kingellybaby

Postby spicyjellybaby » 26 Jul 2017, 09:02

Lol.... another single???

Ha ha ha ha ha
Javi

Postby Javi » 26 Jul 2017, 12:51

_Douglas_ wrote:'Room For Love' apparently will be the next single!

Source?

----

If 'Room For Love' is a single I truly hope they remix it and give it a proper chorus that matches the rest of the song. The almost-spoken powerless chorus are what kill the the song for me.
TeddyBear
Custom Title: hit the lights

Postby TeddyBear » 26 Jul 2017, 14:36

it's one of my least favourite songs on the album, i hope it's not true...
felx

Postby felx » 26 Jul 2017, 14:43

TeddyBear wrote:it's one of my least favourite songs on the album, i hope it's not true...

oh my... hoping that it is not true cause it is your least favourite is si childish...... because it is the fans favourite 90% fans love it since the album release....

just sayin
"'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'"
brianc 1985

Postby brianc 1985 » 26 Jul 2017, 15:29

Source. Watch the stories
https://www.instagram.com/melaniecbr1/

Return to “Melanie C”