Random Beckham News

Talk about Becks here
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Suki

Re: Random Beckham News

Postby Suki » 30 Jan 2017, 20:54

posh_girl wrote:BBC4 radio
David Beckham is Kirsty Young's guest as Desert Island Discs celebrates its 75th Anniversary.
http://bbc.in/2j0tyOF

Thank you for posting the link. Nothing new, but he is always cute on those radio interviews.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 04 Feb 2017, 01:19

" 'UNLESS IT'S A KNIGHTHOOD, F*** OFF' David Beckham tried to use his UNICEF charity work to win a knighthood, explosive emails reveal"

www.thesun.co.uk/news/2780648/david-beckham-emails-unicef-charity-knighthood
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 04 Feb 2017, 01:57

Andreas wrote:" 'UNLESS IT'S A KNIGHTHOOD, F*** OFF' David Beckham tried to use his UNICEF charity work to win a knighthood, explosive emails reveal"

Just read about this. It seems a bit surreal, as he's always come off as sweet and down to earth. I can only imagine the backlash if this turns out to be true.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 04 Feb 2017, 02:07

AcidBurn wrote:
Andreas wrote:" 'UNLESS IT'S A KNIGHTHOOD, F*** OFF' David Beckham tried to use his UNICEF charity work to win a knighthood, explosive emails reveal"

Just read about this. It seems a bit surreal, as he's always come off as sweet and down to earth. I can only imagine the backlash if this turns out to be true.

Really? I'm not very surprised to be honest. Even though he always came off as the more genuine one between him and the Mrs., he's still been smug.
gugette

Postby gugette » 04 Feb 2017, 12:25

It's crappy to have one's emails hacked but well well well...
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 04 Feb 2017, 12:32

Actually the Daily Mail article said his representatives have dismissed the claims as "hacked and doctored." You also can't make a comment in the DM article so that means they have taken legal action.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 04 Feb 2017, 12:47

BBC news reported his representatives said he's been hacked and his privacy has been compromised. Nothing about it being doctored.
nona

Postby nona » 04 Feb 2017, 16:15

This makes him look VERY bad, actually it could hardly be worse. When he was accused of infidelity it was largely met with typical modern day misogyny. He was excused and Victoria was vilified, so it didn't bring him personally that much damage. With Victoria's help he was able to build himself a better image than he had before. But now, accused of using sick and disadvantaged children for personal gain. Yikes. It will be hard to make a comeback from that, even if he manages to prove that not everything said is true (and that might be hard, if not impossible, to prove). Plus, all that foul language will probably remind people that he was once known to have "a temper".
grace4

Postby grace4 » 04 Feb 2017, 17:01

I expect him to get a free pass.... i side eyed him this week when those drunken photos of him and Poppy Delevingne were published in DM.

I don't doubt that he's a decent guy by normal standards, but the saint like reputation is silly imo
grace4

Postby grace4 » 04 Feb 2017, 17:01

I expect him to get a free pass.... i side eyed him this week when those drunken photos of him and Poppy Delevingne were published in DM.

I don't doubt that he's a decent guy by normal standards, but the saint like reputation is silly imo
Sah

Postby Sah » 04 Feb 2017, 19:20

grace4 wrote:I expect him to get a free pass.... i side eyed him this week when those drunken photos of him and Poppy Delevingne were published in DM.

Oh totally! I can't believe some people think this is the end of their brand, wtf? Even if everything in there is real, Ross says his bit is fake, there is nothing illegal he is shown doing. And he has always been the press favorite, he will get a major pass.

If this was VB, omg they would rip her a new one sure!!! We would hear no end of it, it would be brought up until the day she died! But like you said, his saint like image by the UK press is so ridiculous, this won't much diminish it!

Ps: The Poppy photos so gross!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 04 Feb 2017, 20:03

UNICEF have come out with a long statement defending him, saying he has given significant funds to the charity and can't comment on the alleged emails.
Suki

Postby Suki » 04 Feb 2017, 20:49

All those statements from the alleged e-mails sound redicioules to me.

I can imagine that he has moaned about that he was not recognised yet again despite all the charity work he has done. But I can't believe that he swears that much in e-mails to Simone and that he would wright that he only does it to get a knighthood. That he hopes to get it because he does charity yes.

And one of the things they found in his mails is that he wanted to post a picture of his golden laptop which he got as a present and Simone told him he should better not post it. :rolleyes: This is really a scandal.
Sah

Postby Sah » 04 Feb 2017, 21:45

^ Lol the golden lap top bit cracked me up hahah. SirDavidBeckham was trending on Twitter today, reading some Tweets people said they loved seeing him show some balls, smh, the stuff famous guys can get away with!
sluttyspice

Postby sluttyspice » 04 Feb 2017, 22:48

tbh I like him more now that I know he isn't squeaky clean! And his Katherine Jenkins comments were hilarious

though I'm a little surprised that he doesn't control his Instagram. They seem very him, grammar errors and all
this dress is dry clean only melanie!!!!!!!!!!!!
King

Postby King » 04 Feb 2017, 23:45

I don't really believe in these really...

I wish they hacked him showing his hard cock, now that would be amazeballs. :love:
gugette

Postby gugette » 05 Feb 2017, 02:18

Sah wrote:
grace4 wrote:I expect him to get a free pass.... i side eyed him this week when those drunken photos of him and Poppy Delevingne were published in DM.

Oh totally! I can't believe some people think this is the end of their brand, wtf? Even if everything in there is real, Ross says his bit is fake, there is nothing illegal he is shown doing. And he has always been the press favorite, he will get a major pass.

It might not be the end of their brand but I think his image will be hit and it will always stick with him. Charity has become a big part of his image post football so what's he going to do now? There'll be too much skepticism in any future Unicef trips/projects.

Prayer circle that there are no leaks with VB :nono:
sluttyspice

Postby sluttyspice » 05 Feb 2017, 02:25

King wrote:I don't really believe in these really...

I wish they hacked him showing his hard cock, now that would be amazeballs. :love:

oh same

and a lot of the British public seems to be on his side so I think he'll be fine...a few charity trips and photo ops and everyone will have forgotten about this
this dress is dry clean only melanie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sah

Postby Sah » 05 Feb 2017, 14:23

gugette wrote:It might not be the end of their brand but I think his image will be hit and it will always stick with him. Charity has become a big part of his image post football so what's he going to do now? There'll be too much skepticism in any future Unicef trips/projects.

Prayer circle that there are no leaks with VB :nono:

These emails are from 5 years ago, he has since then created his own brand with UNICEF, look at the statement they released, they won't just let him go. He will crack some joke over it, and all will be forgotten, trust me. We might still give him side eye on future trips, lol, but this won't leave a huge dent for him. In fact i could see him now do more, raise more money hahaha!

It would suck if VB was hacked, or if the emails were of more personal nature, but i also doubt he is emailing VB, they most likely text or face time hahaha!
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 05 Feb 2017, 14:36

Sah wrote:^ Lol the golden lap top bit cracked me up hahah. SirDavidBeckham was trending on Twitter today, reading some Tweets people said they loved seeing him show some balls, smh, the stuff famous guys can get away with!

Agreed! Not that I would like for people to start turning on him, but you know if this was Victoria in his position it would be a completely different story :whistle:

However, this does seem to be carrying on today. The Daily Mail in particular are not letting it drop.
Sah

Postby Sah » 05 Feb 2017, 15:01

^ Wow if this was VB, we would have a new article every few hours attacking her.

But honestly looking at todays papers, he is really not cover news on all of them, i thought he would be front news for everyone, but he isn't. Strange!!

Apparently there is more emails, they are bound to leak! :D
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 05 Feb 2017, 16:10

Actually his Instagram followers have gone up. It was 32.6m yesterday, it's 32.7m today.
gugette

Postby gugette » 05 Feb 2017, 16:56

Sah wrote:^ Wow if this was VB, we would have a new article every few hours attacking her.

But honestly looking at todays papers, he is really not cover news on all of them, i thought he would be front news for everyone, but he isn't. Strange!!

Apparently there is more emails, they are bound to leak! :D

Girl this is bad news! If there's "banter" or whatever in the new leaks that's gonna be even more embarrassing and not just for him.
Sah

Postby Sah » 05 Feb 2017, 18:58

^ Apparently in other emails he is super bitchy about some A listers he came across, wow, what a mess this is!!

I can't see how Victoria is not mentioned, or the subject of one or dozen of these emails, he could just be complaining about something regarding her, and the tabs will LOVE it! I hope it doesn't happen, it will suck for her so much! :(
nona

Postby nona » 05 Feb 2017, 19:16

I read somewhere that there are three years worth of emails. That's a LOT, there could be shitload of "banters". Which is basically a word used to excuse men for being assholes. So yeah, it could be bad.
If the leaks continue it's almost inevitable that Victoria will be involved in some way. I hope she'll be spared, at least this week, since the show is on Sunday.

Return to “David Beckham”