Breaking News: David Beckham Announces Retirement.

Talk about Becks here
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Tanya
Custom Title: ...Jensenated...

Re: Breaking News: David Beckham Announces Retirement.

Postby Tanya » 19 May 2013, 00:11

Fari wrote:LOL at Cruz!! I wish Harper was there too! There are kids her age there

Seriously. If she was younger, but with her age she could be there. Damn. Oh well.
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 19 May 2013, 00:12

It was better than I thought! Thank God, he deserved such an amazing night and he had an impact on the game.
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Postby Lah » 19 May 2013, 00:13

I am in denial.... Cant believe thats it :(
peach

Postby peach » 19 May 2013, 00:14

Nice way to go out. Well done, Becks.
rachel162cl

Postby rachel162cl » 19 May 2013, 00:14

It was really nice to be here in this moment, Hope somebody upload in YouTube to keep it.
Great night, very emotional
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 19 May 2013, 00:14

I swear next week I'll be searching for photos of training untill it hits me and I start crying again.............
Sah

Postby Sah » 19 May 2013, 00:19

Well it was certainly a ride!! Thanks to all of you boys and girls on here, i enjoyed being part of Davids careers up, and downs, and discussing them in threads. And even if i disagreed with opinions made it was lovely to be part of it, and especially tonight to give him a send off with all of you. And particularly since several old members came back.

I guess from now on it will never be the same, no matches to be excited over, and to report back, to complain about his behavior and swoon over his great looks on the pitch, and celebrate his great bends, and kicks, and overall playing style. It is incredibly sad, and makes me feel proper adult now.

And of course to the man, thanks for being an example of passion, hard work & integrity and for all the memories, those never retire......in fact from now they are indeed souvenirs!
nona

Postby nona » 19 May 2013, 00:22

I wasn't thrilled with the idea of him finishing at the club where he's "a stranger", only been there for few months. Now, I changed my mind, big respect to PSG for the way they handled this and big respect to David for being the kind of guy he is and deserving so much love and appreciation.

Good night, guys!
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 19 May 2013, 00:22

Sah you're making me cry... I'm sure will come back here to discuss the next chapters... eventually!
gugette

Postby gugette » 19 May 2013, 00:23

I'm glad they gave him a nice send off. Plenty of players don't get to decide when they retire and I'm glad he went out his way.

Who knows what's ahead of him, might be something even more incredible.
peach

Postby peach » 19 May 2013, 00:24

Sah wrote:for all the memories, those never retire......in fact from now they are indeed souvenirs!

You're cute - that could be my favorite quote of the night!
becksfan2011

Postby becksfan2011 » 19 May 2013, 00:24

Thanks for keeping us who didn't have access updated. Can't wait to see highlights
Sah

Postby Sah » 19 May 2013, 00:24

raqueldbab wrote:Sah you're making me cry... I'm sure will come back here to discuss the next chapters... eventually!

Aw i didn't mean to, and yes we will be there for him in his future endeavors, he will always have my support, but it will never ever be the same. I will never stop wishing to see him play, but its life, all things come to an end, and tonight he got a proper send off i think. If it couldn't have been in UK, then it was close enough, he was honored!
Last edited by Sah on 19 May 2013, 00:36, edited 2 times in total.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 19 May 2013, 00:25

Wow, what a night! End of an era.

Is it too early to start following Brooklyn's career?! Lol! Seriously, I hope David will now have more time to spend training with Brooklyn, like his dad trained with him.......and wouldn't it be nice to see David, Ted and Tony cheering Brooklyn on in the youth leagues?
Fari
Custom Title: iSonaholic

Postby Fari » 19 May 2013, 00:25

Sah wrote:Well it was certainly a ride!! Thanks to all of you boys and girls on here, i enjoyed being part of Davids careers up, and downs, and discussing them in threads. And even if i disagreed with opinions made it was lovely to be part of it, and especially tonight to give him a send off with all of you. And particularly since several old members came back.

I guess from now on it will never be the same, no matches to be excited over, and to report back, to complain about his behavior and swoon over his great looks on the pitch, and celebrate his great bends, and kicks, and overall playing style. It is incredibly sad, and makes me feel proper adult now.

And of course to the man, thanks for being an example of passion, hard work & integrity and for all the memories, those never retire......in fact from now they are indeed souvenirs!

+1
Sonam Kapoor. The Beckhams. Ranbir Kapoor.
peach

Postby peach » 19 May 2013, 00:25

nona wrote:I wasn't thrilled with the idea of him finishing at the club where he's "a stranger", only been there for few months. Now, I changed my mind, big respect to PSG for the way they handled this and big respect to David for being the kind of guy he is and deserving so much love and appreciation.

I completely agree, they really did a very nice job of it for him.
Tanya

Postby Tanya » 19 May 2013, 00:25

Sarah, seriously. Your post made me cry, yet again today. I'm thankful for this place and before to other forum where majority of people back in the day came from, ehem BMFF.

It was a nice ride. We laughed, we cried, we argued but it was always fun no matter what and we can thank David for it. I'm thankful to him that he is/was the best example of a human being/father/professional and football player.

It was nice to be back for a day and remember the good days. Thank you all.
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 19 May 2013, 00:26

Good night everyone thanks for sharing this moment with me, no one else understands how I feel but you.
Thank you PSG for this unforgetable evening and all the love and respect they showed.
Thank you David, it was quite an adventure, never a dull moment and like Sir Alex said you have always amazed me by your ability to reinvent yourself, I know you won't let me down now!
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Postby Lah » 19 May 2013, 00:29

Sah wrote:Well it was certainly a ride!! Thanks to all of you boys and girls on here, i enjoyed being part of Davids careers up, and downs, and discussing them in threads. And even if i disagreed with opinions made it was lovely to be part of it, and especially tonight to give him a send off with all of you. And particularly since several old members came back.

Thts so touching hun!! :hug:
Sah

Postby Sah » 19 May 2013, 00:30

^ Thank you baby, i cant believe i forgot to thank you for all those YEARS of giving us the amazing photos, right after the match, i went through every single HQ, and was always grateful, love you!

Tanya wrote:Sarah, seriously. Your post made me cry, yet again today. I'm thankful for this place and before to other forum where majority of people back in the day came from, ehem BMFF.

It was a nice ride. We laughed, we cried, we argued but it was always fun no matter what and we can thank David for it. I'm thankful to him that he is/was the best example of a human being/father/professional and football player.

And thank you darling, i second everything you wrote. I am not a crier by nature, known to be a tough bitch, but i cried tonight, and i cried with pride!

Good night everyone, tomorrow is a new day ,and like gugette wrote who knows what the next chapter brings, it could be just as wonderful in a different way.
Suki

Postby Suki » 19 May 2013, 00:35

You all said so lovely words and made me cry again. Thanks to everybody.

David take your rest and then amaze us with your new chapter.
Tanya

Postby Tanya » 19 May 2013, 00:36

Laura, i forgot. Happy belated birthday.

and yes, girls! Thank you for providing us all this years with beautiful pictures of the Beckhams! It's so appreciated! Thank you!
gugette

Postby gugette » 19 May 2013, 00:47

Sah wrote:^ Thank you baby, i cant believe i forgot to thank you for all those YEARS of giving us the amazing photos, right after the match, i went through every single HQ, and was always grateful, love you!

Tanya wrote:Sarah, seriously. Your post made me cry, yet again today. I'm thankful for this place and before to other forum where majority of people back in the day came from, ehem BMFF.

And thank you darling, i second everything you wrote. I am not a crier by nature, known to be a tough bitch, but i cried tonight, and i cried with pride!

Good night everyone, tomorrow is a new day ,and like gugette wrote who knows what the next chapter brings, it could be just as wonderful in a different way.

Sah, you've been saying 'star trek trophy' all this time and I thought you just meant it looked futuristic. I just got a closer look at it and it's literally one of the Star Fleet ships :laugh:
carolcastelli

Postby carolcastelli » 19 May 2013, 00:50

I also enjoyed spending this emotional evening here. Thank you all and there's more great things to come for sure!!
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Postby Vitalina » 19 May 2013, 03:04

I missed a whole emotional hell of an evening :) Sad and glad for David. Glad he'll get to spend more time with his kids and Victoria, but can't believe we will never ever see him play.. I somehow don't think he will come back out of retirement :/

Return to “David Beckham”