David in China Thread

Talk about Becks here
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
carol89

Re: David in China Thread

Postby carol89 » 28 Nov 2013, 11:40

David is great father and husband no one can deny it ., he can work wherever he wants ... he was always present as father and husband :nono:
Tony

Postby Tony » 28 Nov 2013, 11:54

raqueldbab wrote:Seriously... couldn't he get a job closer to home? It's either Miami or Asia... Victoria is always left to handle the kids and the family duties... thank god she has her family support now.

I agree with this. Since his retirement he made a big deal of how great it was to be in London and to be able to spend loads more time with the children. I don't know how much time he does spend at home (and it is probably more than we can give them credit for) but working on far off projects like this just seem like more pointless money making to me. At least when he was a footballer he had a duty to be away. Now he is making his own choices and doing the same.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 28 Nov 2013, 11:55

carol89 wrote:David is great father and husband no one can deny it ., he can work wherever he wants ... he was always present as father and husband :nono:

depends what you mean by present. If present in terms of always knowing whats going on, then probably yes. But if you mean present as in physically present, then no. He wasn't present during his stints in Milan for example and at he must be averaging 10 days a month away on business currently
Last edited by grace4 on 28 Nov 2013, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 28 Nov 2013, 12:02

grace4 wrote:
carol89 wrote:David is great father and husband no one can deny it ., he can work wherever he wants ... he was always present as father and husband :nono:

depends what you mean by present. If present in terms of always knowing whats going on, then probably yes. But if you mean present as in physically present, then no. He wasn't present during his stints in Milan for example and at he must be averaging 10 days a month away on business

*Edited
Last edited by grace4 on 28 Nov 2013, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 28 Nov 2013, 13:23

grace4 wrote:
grace4 wrote:

depends what you mean by present. If present in terms of always knowing whats going on, then probably yes. But if you mean present as in physically present, then no. He wasn't present during his stints in Milan for example and at he must be averaging 10 days a month away on business

I agree, but I think the problem is all the mega bucks opportunities are outside of the UK. No government in Europe is going to pay him £10 million (or whatever it is he's getting paid) to be an ambassador for the game like the Chinese have, and no serious company in the UK is going to hire him to be a "design consultant" on a multi-million pound resort like Las Vegas Sans have, and he isn't about to start a football club in Europe either.

He says he wants to be a business man, and thats great. But his main asset is his image and his image, and opportunities to exploit his image, is probably stronger overseas than it is in the UK.

Why are you talking to yourself??? :confused:
grace4

Postby grace4 » 28 Nov 2013, 13:25

TheBiatches wrote:
grace4 wrote:
grace4 wrote:

I agree, but I think the problem is all the mega bucks opportunities are outside of the UK. No government in Europe is going to pay him £10 million (or whatever it is he's getting paid) to be an ambassador for the game like the Chinese have, and no serious company in the UK is going to hire him to be a "design consultant" on a multi-million pound resort like Las Vegas Sans have, and he isn't about to start a football club in Europe either.

He says he wants to be a business man, and thats great. But his main asset is his image and his image, and opportunities to exploit his image, is probably stronger overseas than it is in the UK.

Why are you talking to yourself??? :confused:

Lol! first sign of madness! I was supposed to be quoting Tony's post! Original post now edited.
Last edited by grace4 on 28 Nov 2013, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 28 Nov 2013, 13:31

Tony wrote:
raqueldbab wrote:Seriously... couldn't he get a job closer to home? It's either Miami or Asia... Victoria is always left to handle the kids and the family duties... thank god she has her family support now.

I agree with this. Since his retirement he made a big deal of how great it was to be in London and to be able to spend loads more time with the children. I don't know how much time he does spend at home (and it is probably more than we can give them credit for) but working on far off projects like this just seem like more pointless money making to me. At least when he was a footballer he had a duty to be away. Now he is making his own choices and doing the same.

I agree, but I think the problem is all the mega bucks opportunities are outside of the UK. No government in Europe is going to pay him £10 million (or whatever it is he's getting paid) to be an ambassador for the game like the Chinese have, and no serious company in the UK is going to hire him to be a "design consultant" on a multi-million pound resort like Las Vegas Sands have, and he isn't about to start a football club in Europe either.

Last edited by grace4 on 28 Nov 2013, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 28 Nov 2013, 14:06

I`m sorry but I have a son who probably has seen his dad almost as long as David`s kids... I mean David is travelling all the time now. I tell my son the economy is shit and his dad has to work otherwise he`ll be homeless. Cruel yet true to some extent.... what`s David excuse.
Maybe I`m bitching because I don`t have Victoria`s nannies or my mum here, but it`s bloody hard to see the sadness on your kids face and organise everything on your own. There is no way those boys don`t miss their dad or Victoria misses her husband, especially with her work load. Can he really make up for all the lost time... Harper is growing really fast now.
I think he got used to being away all the time and simply enjoys it, home life is good for a while but I think he got bored pretty quickly. It`s ok but then don`t go boasting about loving it when you`re not home more than a week in a row.
Sah

Postby Sah » 28 Nov 2013, 14:33

^ You are not bitching, i think all of you are making great points here, and many arguments i myself agree with.

The simple fact is, like Tony said, he is no longer a footballer where he has to travel, and has to be away, its all a choice now. And its a bad one, imo. All those haters who keep on saying he is nothing but a money grabber, and would put even making a buck before his family, are freakishly getting a large podium from which to scream!

Its shocking to me how much he has chosen to be away since retiring, and jetting around the world with Dave, even going to parties until morning hours, and NBA games instead of being with his kids. Like you said, you can have all the help in the world, and secure your children with material things.etc, but all that really matters is having your dad around. And they are all getting bigger, not just Harper!

And then you have the balls and say publicly, how your family ALWAYS comes first, you know its just a bit lame. Now maybe VB is entirely ok with that (i actually know very few women who would be though), after all they been living like this their whole marriage, traveling,etc But from the outside its kinda sad, that not even now after retiring, he cant work out a more friendly schedule for his family, and put them first. If anyone deserves it, is Victoria and the kids, all the years of traveling and supporting him, and now he is as busier as ever by his own choice? How much money is enough money?!
raqueldbab

Postby raqueldbab » 28 Nov 2013, 15:02

You are so wise Sarah! :hug:
Sah

Postby Sah » 28 Nov 2013, 15:06

^ Haha thanks, i wish it was true though lol. You know i just dont want to see David go down the middle age crisis path, it would break my heart. So i hope he has this figured out, and how it works out for the best for him AND his family for the long run.
Joycc

Postby Joycc » 07 Mar 2014, 02:19

David Beckham becomes our brand ambassador in China. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

April 19th in Beijing
Shacklebolt
Custom Title: Halo

Postby Shacklebolt » 07 Mar 2014, 02:53

Thanks for that. Do you have a smaller pic? Can't see half of it!

EDIT: Found another one:

TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 07 Mar 2014, 03:02

^ Just right click and press "show image" to see the full thing. ;)
Shacklebolt
Custom Title: Halo

Postby Shacklebolt » 07 Mar 2014, 03:08

^ Thank you!
Tony

Postby Tony » 07 Mar 2014, 11:31

April 19th is 2 days after Victoria's birthday. I hope that they get to spend her 40th together.
Sah

Postby Sah » 07 Mar 2014, 11:55

So it came true, he is PERFECT to promote Jaguar, also i find it super annoying how denden eats half the photos as well, ugh! Thanks for posting Joy.

Is he even still ambassador for CSL? lol!
Joycc

Postby Joycc » 07 Mar 2014, 13:24

^

Nope Lol

just last year!
Heather
Custom Title: Mrs B 10.22.2005

Postby Heather » 07 Mar 2014, 18:46

You can't do that right click thing on an iPhone.
lynzi
Previous username(s): Glitter Girl
madison

Postby lynzi » 07 Mar 2014, 19:07

^^if you copy the picture and paste it in a new window , you can see the whole thing. Although you may have to turn your screen ;)
Heather
Custom Title: Mrs B 10.22.2005

Postby Heather » 08 Mar 2014, 06:06

Oh I didn't know we could copy images. I thought I'd have to save it to my phone,open photos then delete it. That was too much work for a photo I'm not that interested in haha.
Good to know copy is an option.
gugette

Postby gugette » 08 Mar 2014, 23:58

Tony wrote:April 19th is 2 days after Victoria's birthday. I hope that they get to spend her 40th together.

Come on now, why wouldn't they? especially her 40th.
lynzi
Previous username(s): Glitter Girl
madison

Postby lynzi » 09 Mar 2014, 19:23

Pics on DM of him playing volleyball.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... y-Rio.html
Sah

Postby Sah » 09 Mar 2014, 21:40

^ OMG those are super skinny jeans, talk about TIGHT! And DM once again shows how very credible, and intelligent they are. The article is posted today on a Sunday, and they claim he will attend the Carnival on Saturday, which was yesterday, and he clearly wasn't in the country for that. Unless its next Saturday?

ps: Lynzi, you posting in this thread cracked me up, i was like he is playing volleyball in China? :laugh:
gugette

Postby gugette » 09 Mar 2014, 21:45

lol, he looks like he's wearing leggings. I think the pics were before they left for the Amazon.

Return to “David Beckham”