VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUPER R

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Melancholie
Posts: 3145
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 12:15
Gender: Male
Country: Poland

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Melancholie » 15 May 2016, 09:13

Having listened to the YouTube leak, the songs are all underwhleming. I know they're unfinished, but she sounds so uninspired and totally unsiutable for this type of r'nb music. Dance, pop and jazzy stuff would suit her more. And how could her voice decline so much from "Forever"? She sounded fuller and rounder back then.
Image
ep7210
Posts: 480
Joined: 06 Jul 2007, 18:09

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby ep7210 » 15 May 2016, 09:51

Melancholie wrote:Having listened to the YouTube leak, the songs are all underwhleming. I know they're unfinished, but she sounds so uninspired and totally unsiutable for this type of r'nb music. Dance, pop and jazzy stuff would suit her more. And how could her voice decline so much from "Forever"? She sounded fuller and rounder back then.


Sadly I have to agree, those songs are horrible. I'm so glad that someone had been honest to her and her production team to prevent the release of any of the songs...

Again, as a fan, I can't help to expect more even though it's crystal clear that they are just demo...
Melancholie
Posts: 3145
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 12:15
Gender: Male
Country: Poland

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Melancholie » 15 May 2016, 09:55

"Freedom" sounds better when it's compressed and equalized, the dynamics change for the better. She actually sounds "alive" on it after the mixing.
Image
mel2vicem
Posts: 33807
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Country: Kuwait

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby mel2vicem » 15 May 2016, 10:00

I think it's a tad crass to admit to not contributing to this campaign as you listened to leaked versions and then critique the songs!
User avatar
JoeHere
Posts: 151
Joined: 19 Oct 2013, 09:01
Gender: Male
Country: Australia

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby JoeHere » 15 May 2016, 12:49

I'm rather annoyed it's leaked when people have contributed.

I wouldn't go as far is saying the songs are horrible, there's a few tracks that I quite enjoy listening to. Nowhere near as good as the Open Your Eyes sessions however.
Image
"More than just survival, this is my Revival"
User avatar
MAD
Posts: 1001
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby MAD » 15 May 2016, 12:59

I can't find the download link on that blog. Anyway So cold chorus reminds me No woman no cry. :Dizzy:
Open your eyes album is million times better.
Image
Mr.X
Posts: 5426
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Nowhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Mr.X » 15 May 2016, 13:01

Guys, chill. Yes we paid for it and now it has leaked. How is that different from other releases? We all knew it was going to happen eventually.
Image
DaniSpiceBoy
Posts: 3467
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 15 May 2016, 13:07

^^ This. Get over it already.
User avatar
Vomiting Porpoise
Posts: 28336
Joined: 12 May 2005, 17:27
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: UK

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 15 May 2016, 13:29

The leak will damage the Spice legacy and you expect people not to be annoyed? :dizzy: x
Image
Melancholie
Posts: 3145
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 12:15
Gender: Male
Country: Poland

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Melancholie » 15 May 2016, 14:24

After a while "Freedom" seems to stand out for some reason. I've remastered the whole album out of boredom.
Image
Sideout
Posts: 4592
Joined: 01 May 2005, 07:03
Gender: Male
Country: United_States

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Sideout » 15 May 2016, 14:47

No wonder this album was scrapped. There's only a couple of good songs here. Most of them sound like b-sides at best. These campaigns always seem to leak. The seller or sellers get their money and the participants get the shaft. It's the same thing over and over.

I can't believe there are campaigns for shitty songs like these. I mean, there was a campaign for Melanie C's Full of Fire, which is complete garbage. These songs should have been leaked on their own. Fans should not have been charged for these.

Agent_Spice wrote:Why would any potential seller want to deal with us as a group in the future if we can't keep something under wraps for even a month? And why would any contributor want to contribute to a future campaign if something is just going to leak anyway? Whoever chose to share them (not just with the one who publicly leaked them) is severely weakening our ability to a) deal with potential new sellers and b) continue to provide competitive bids/offers to acquire this material.


Why would a seller care if the songs leaked AFTER they got paid? That makes absolutely no sense.
"Don't you break my heart. It's so plain to see that you should PM me.
Don't you break my heart. If these leaks should end I will never post again"
Agent_Spice
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 07:01
Custom Title: Escrow Spice
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Agent_Spice » 15 May 2016, 16:04

Sideout wrote:No wonder this album was scrapped. There's only a couple of good songs here. Most of them sound like b-sides at best. These campaigns always seem to leak. The seller or sellers get their money and the participants get the shaft. It's the same thing over and over.

I can't believe there are campaigns for shitty songs like these. I mean, there was a campaign for Melanie C's Full of Fire, which is complete garbage. These songs should have been leaked on their own. Fans should not have been charged for these.

Agent_Spice wrote:Why would any potential seller want to deal with us as a group in the future if we can't keep something under wraps for even a month? And why would any contributor want to contribute to a future campaign if something is just going to leak anyway? Whoever chose to share them (not just with the one who publicly leaked them) is severely weakening our ability to a) deal with potential new sellers and b) continue to provide competitive bids/offers to acquire this material.


Why would a seller care if the songs leaked AFTER they got paid? That makes absolutely no sense.


How silly of me! I should have just contacted the seller and said the snippets are s----, I want the album for free, take it off eBay, and send it to me. Why didn't I think of that? Next time I'll let you take the lead. Let's see where that gets us.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the tracks. I've heard mixed reviews which is to be expected. But to be fair, the seller posted snippets on YouTube and higher quality ones were sent out (I believe of different parts of the song), so members could get a better sense of the song and quality of the tracks. I personally enjoyed the album and would much rather prefer the option of hearing it than having it be whisked away into a vault somewhere. It doesn't cost you anything to be appreciative of the fact that a group of fans collaborated and the net result is everyone is now able to hear it. On behalf of everyone who contributed, you're welcome.

If things leak and the content goes beyond Spice fans, a seller isn't likely to want to work with us in the future. Would you want the negative attention and a paper trail back to you? Look what happened with the RotSG Studio Tour demos.

You didn't address my point about contributors not wanting to contribute if things are just going to leak which negatively impacts our chances of providing a competitive bid. Do you concede that leaks do harm our chances at future success?
User avatar
NearlyCivilized
Posts: 1003
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 20:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: vegans do it better
Country: United_States
Location: maine:usa
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby NearlyCivilized » 15 May 2016, 17:40

Its a safe bet to suggest most things will leak in time... although theres also the reverse chance of us not getting them. When our little community is lucky enough to come across the possibility to obtain these songs, we should be grateful to have Agent Spice volunteer to handle these campaigns with such grace.. and a group of people willing to work towards it. As a contributor to this, and other, campaigns... I would much rather contribute money only to have the songs eventually leak, rather than us do nothing and potentially never hear them.
And on a personal note, I dig the new tracks.
Image
@jonnyrecord #horror
Rah Baby
Posts: 719
Joined: 22 Nov 2008, 14:37
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Rah Baby
Country: Brazil
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Rah Baby » 16 May 2016, 16:52

So so so cold
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26843
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Javi » 16 May 2016, 17:42

Agent_Spice wrote:If things leak and the content goes beyond Spice fans, a seller isn't likely to want to work with us in the future.

This is kind of contradictory. Not you, but the situation, I mean.

Scenario 1:
The seller won't give up on a thousand pounds (or more) just because things leaked. If someone is willing to sell something instead of simply leaking it, it's because they want money, not fans appreciation. So I fail to see why they would keep a CD that could give them a months' salary in 5 minutes just because it might leak. So in this scenario, the leak of the songs doesn't affect any current or future campaigns.

Scenario 2:
The seller doesn't want the songs to spread because they want "exclusiveness", so they're not here for the money, but the songs. Then they wouldn't be selling that stuff, but actually sharing it on private and demanding the songs not to be shared (which worked perfectly with the Forever demos, considering they were doing the rounds on private months before Regina leaked them). So in this scenario, the leak of the songs affects the possibility of "sharing" more stuff, but doest't affect the public campaigns because there was no campaign to obtain those files. So it's not about campaigns, but about selfishness.

Scenario 3:
Same as scenario 1, but on this occasion the seller thinks/knows that if songs leak, less people will contribute to the next campaign. So instead of two thousand pounds, the campaign offers to buy the disc for 500 pounds. The seller either accepts it earning less money, or decides to keep the stuff because they rather have the exclusive songs than earning so little money. So, again, the whole thing is about earning money because of us. Milking.


They're basically the 3 situations we might have. And, in all of them, it seems that you (you = the ones defending the campaigns so passionately) want us to act like sheep following the flock, to either please a seller or a bunch of users owning exclusive stuff. Where does that leave our personalities? Cause I don't know about the rest, but my personality is more valuable than a few unreleased songs, so I refuse to act like everything's ok and shut my mouth just to please them.

I understand we all want unreleased stuff, specially if it's good (although ironically the best stuff –Forever songs– didn't arrive through a campaign), and I do understand that sometimes the only way to get it is to accept the "rules" of a seller. But let's not forget that those sellers got the songs for free, either because of contacts or because they found a CD somewhere or they stole them from distracted producers. Those sellers are asking thousands of pounds in exchange of something they got for free, so I don't think it's THAT ok to praise them and to be on their knees as if we were starving and they were going to feed us. In fact, they wouldn't be so confident about the value of the stuff they own if it wasn't because of the desperate behaviour of people around here (like Sideout pointed, even with crap songs like 'Full Of Fire').

So, in my eyes, it won't do us any harm to stand up and have some pride for once, and stop acting as if those sellers owned the glory sacred water of eternal life. If they want to sell stuff, they will have to follow our rules, not viceversa, which means they might get some money but they can't expect things not to leak because this is 2016. And if they aren't willing to sell their stuff because they won't get tons of money, then they can F* off and we all should do the same. Cause I'm sure if the Spice Girls released a 10-tracks album priced at 100 pounds, almost nobody would purchase it. So I don't see why those sellers should have more power than the group that recorded those songs on first place.

I'm thankful this campaigns started, because they helped to get united and get things off eBay, but they're become a desperate joke when a VB album with only 6 new songs and a handful demos was sold for 2,000 pounds (just to give you a comparison, the Telstar album –Open Your Eyes– was sold for 200 pounds). Because of that, just imagine how much another seller might ask for Spice Girls unreleased stuff from 1996-2000. And that is OUR fault, because we are the ones letting those sellers think (and believe) that we are willing to pay those prices and even more. I refuse to believe the eBay auction would've reached that huge amount, to be honest.

Is it really worth it? Having those songs is worth following their rules like a flock? Even if it's just 10-15 pounds per user. Spending money on an unmastereded bunch of songs when we don't even pay that amount for a proper finished work of music that's on iTunes? If we weren't such a greedy selfish community with songs dancing around via PMs and Facebook messages, we wouldn't be needing campaigns and contributors because most of the stuff would either leak because it's "worthless" or be sold through eBay at lower prices to someone that, maybe, would end up re-selling copies to a lower price or leaking the whole thing because they're only collectors of the physical one-of-a-kind copy, not of the music inside of it. We are the ones creating a fuss about the unreleased stuff, we are the ones rising the prices.

Think about it.

And sorry for the speech, but someone had to say it, considering I've had this talk via private with a lot of users and none of them has the balls to stand up and post what they think.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
NearlyCivilized
Posts: 1003
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 20:59
Gender: Male
Custom Title: vegans do it better
Country: United_States
Location: maine:usa
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby NearlyCivilized » 16 May 2016, 18:26

On a side note, I keep seeing ROTSG Tour Demos mentioned... can someone explain to me exactly what those are?!?? I feel like it's the first time I'm hearing about that.
Image
@jonnyrecord #horror
Dom
Posts: 11557
Joined: 27 Oct 2007, 13:38
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: United Kingdom

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Dom » 16 May 2016, 19:15

NearlyCivilized wrote:On a side note, I keep seeing ROTSG Tour Demos mentioned... can someone explain to me exactly what those are?!?? I feel like it's the first time I'm hearing about that.

They're basically concepts of the live arrangements used for rehearsal purposes mainly. The set that leaked appear to be an early draft of the set list, as Too Much & Let Love Lead The Way were not included, but Voodoo was. The Celebration Medley and Are You Gonna Go My Way are purely instrumentals too.

I can't remember the back story behind them, but I vaguely remember that the source either had pro-shot footage (or could obtain it) & rehearsal files (I can't remember if it was audio or video?).

All I remember when they started leaking that there was a thread a minute, so it was hard to keep track! But people had them on here way before they leaked.
Image
Sideout
Posts: 4592
Joined: 01 May 2005, 07:03
Gender: Male
Country: United_States

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Sideout » 16 May 2016, 21:06

I 2nd everything IER said.

Image
"Don't you break my heart. It's so plain to see that you should PM me.
Don't you break my heart. If these leaks should end I will never post again"
jjboy
Posts: 17
Joined: 05 May 2016, 21:49
Gender: Male
Country: United_States

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby jjboy » 16 May 2016, 21:12

The new tracks and alternate versions of exiting tracks are awesome. Sure everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but VB is one of the few artist who doesn't have a "bad" song. Just like any artist some are better than others, but I haven't heard one track that I personally couldn't listen to (Remember, I'm speaking personally).

My opinion about the whole leak is that it was bound to happen. The benefit to contributing to the campaign is that those who did participate got to listen to the tracks first (rightfully so), and were part of the group that had the songs exclusively with the possibility that it may never leak. I understand why some users would be upset about it, but in the age of the internet things will get around 9 out of 10 times.

Also, the question comes to mind as to who leaked the songs? Sure we have YouTube users who posted the videos, but they they didn't just "get" the tracks. They could be users who contributed to the campaign and decided to leak them. People opened up accounts just to contribute so it could be anyone. (This is just an assumption, as I'm not placing any blame).

Another possibility is that the seller could have made copies before selling the disc, and waited for it to sell and decided to leak it after they got paid. Anyone can open up a YouTube account and claim they are from anywhere around the world so anyone could be to blame really.

Either way these songs probably wouldn't have leaked if it weren't for the disc selling, so thanks to all who did participate. I missed out on the campaign unfortunately and I thought it would be some time before I got to listen to the tracks and grateful to hear what they sound like. At the end of the day it's only music, so no arguments should be had or bad mouthing of any kind. We are all under the same amazing umbrella as VB fans, and as adults people should respect one another.

Now excuse me while I listen to my fav track off the album. ;) Freedom people, peace.
gingerboy
Posts: 1072
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Spain

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby gingerboy » 16 May 2016, 21:20

I knew that sooner or later would be a leak. It has happened always, starting with concerts from Spiceworld tour.

Its sad that those things appears free for people, when others have paid. But for me the most important thing is that we won this record.
Mr.X
Posts: 5426
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Xavier de Sousa
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Nowhere and Everywhere
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Mr.X » 16 May 2016, 21:31

IER wrote:
Agent_Spice wrote:If things leak and the content goes beyond Spice fans, a seller isn't likely to want to work with us in the future.

This is kind of contradictory. Not you, but the situation, I mean.

Scenario 1:
The seller won't give up on a thousand pounds (or more) just because things leaked. If someone is willing to sell something instead of simply leaking it, it's because they want money, not fans appreciation. So I fail to see why they would keep a CD that could give them a months' salary in 5 minutes just because it might leak. So in this scenario, the leak of the songs doesn't affect any current or future campaigns.

Scenario 2:
The seller doesn't want the songs to spread because they want "exclusiveness", so they're not here for the money, but the songs. Then they wouldn't be selling that stuff, but actually sharing it on private and demanding the songs not to be shared (which worked perfectly with the Forever demos, considering they were doing the rounds on private months before Regina leaked them). So in this scenario, the leak of the songs affects the possibility of "sharing" more stuff, but doest't affect the public campaigns because there was no campaign to obtain those files. So it's not about campaigns, but about selfishness.

Scenario 3:
Same as scenario 1, but on this occasion the seller thinks/knows that if songs leak, less people will contribute to the next campaign. So instead of two thousand pounds, the campaign offers to buy the disc for 500 pounds. The seller either accepts it earning less money, or decides to keep the stuff because they rather have the exclusive songs than earning so little money. So, again, the whole thing is about earning money because of us. Milking.


They're basically the 3 situations we might have. And, in all of them, it seems that you (you = the ones defending the campaigns so passionately) want us to act like sheep following the flock, to either please a seller or a bunch of users owning exclusive stuff. Where does that leave our personalities? Cause I don't know about the rest, but my personality is more valuable than a few unreleased songs, so I refuse to act like everything's ok and shut my mouth just to please them.

I understand we all want unreleased stuff, specially if it's good (although ironically the best stuff –Forever songs– didn't arrive through a campaign), and I do understand that sometimes the only way to get it is to accept the "rules" of a seller. But let's not forget that those sellers got the songs for free, either because of contacts or because they found a CD somewhere or they stole them from distracted producers. Those sellers are asking thousands of pounds in exchange of something they got for free, so I don't think it's THAT ok to praise them and to be on their knees as if we were starving and they were going to feed us. In fact, they wouldn't be so confident about the value of the stuff they own if it wasn't because of the desperate behaviour of people around here (like Sideout pointed, even with crap songs like 'Full Of Fire').

So, in my eyes, it won't do us any harm to stand up and have some pride for once, and stop acting as if those sellers owned the glory sacred water of eternal life. If they want to sell stuff, they will have to follow our rules, not viceversa, which means they might get some money but they can't expect things not to leak because this is 2016. And if they aren't willing to sell their stuff because they won't get tons of money, then they can F* off and we all should do the same. Cause I'm sure if the Spice Girls released a 10-tracks album priced at 100 pounds, almost nobody would purchase it. So I don't see why those sellers should have more power than the group that recorded those songs on first place.

I'm thankful this campaigns started, because they helped to get united and get things off eBay, but they're become a desperate joke when a VB album with only 6 new songs and a handful demos was sold for 2,000 pounds (just to give you a comparison, the Telstar album –Open Your Eyes– was sold for 200 pounds). Because of that, just imagine how much another seller might ask for Spice Girls unreleased stuff from 1996-2000. And that is OUR fault, because we are the ones letting those sellers think (and believe) that we are willing to pay those prices and even more. I refuse to believe the eBay auction would've reached that huge amount, to be honest.

Is it really worth it? Having those songs is worth following their rules like a flock? Even if it's just 10-15 pounds per user. Spending money on an unmastereded bunch of songs when we don't even pay that amount for a proper finished work of music that's on iTunes? If we weren't such a greedy selfish community with songs dancing around via PMs and Facebook messages, we wouldn't be needing campaigns and contributors because most of the stuff would either leak because it's "worthless" or be sold through eBay at lower prices to someone that, maybe, would end up re-selling copies to a lower price or leaking the whole thing because they're only collectors of the physical one-of-a-kind copy, not of the music inside of it. We are the ones creating a fuss about the unreleased stuff, we are the ones rising the prices.

Think about it.

And sorry for the speech, but someone had to say it, considering I've had this talk via private with a lot of users and none of them has the balls to stand up and post what they think.


Hhhhmmm yes ok, I agree with you. I was very reticent at first to join in this debate as I can see the argument both FOR and AGAINST the campaigns. But you raised a good point (and one that is not childish and seemingly vindicative towards Agent_Spice like some members where conducting!). And it makes sense actually to stand up and suggest that no, we will not pay for this in the future. Or that we might pay for a small amount.

I also think it is somewhat obscene to pay £2000 for 6 songs, specially when we would be paying much less for the finished products if they were released. And actually, your point about the fact that this gives the owners of the files the power, rather than the artist, makes complete sense and it is in fact what makes me side with you. And if I am totally honest, the fact that we have to agree to not share them doesn't bode down well with me, as yet again makes us being held hostage by those who have the original files.

I hereby declare that in the future, I won't join any further campaigns. Agent_Spice, you have done a great job, but IER is right on this one. It is time to stop this culture of exploitation of both the Spice Girls' artistic output and their fans.
Image
User avatar
Vomiting Porpoise
Posts: 28336
Joined: 12 May 2005, 17:27
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: UK

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Vomiting Porpoise » 16 May 2016, 22:22

victoria did her fans a disservice by recording these tracks in the first place, all they have resulted in is the extortion of her fans and she wouldn,t have wanted that i doubt we would be paying thousands over an unused VB clutch bag design x
Image
Agent_Spice
Posts: 1283
Joined: 19 Aug 2004, 07:01
Custom Title: Escrow Spice
Location: Boston, MA
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Agent_Spice » 17 May 2016, 05:50

IER wrote:
Agent_Spice wrote:If things leak and the content goes beyond Spice fans, a seller isn't likely to want to work with us in the future.

This is kind of contradictory. Not you, but the situation, I mean.
Spoiler: show
Scenario 1:
The seller won't give up on a thousand pounds (or more) just because things leaked. If someone is willing to sell something instead of simply leaking it, it's because they want money, not fans appreciation. So I fail to see why they would keep a CD that could give them a months' salary in 5 minutes just because it might leak. So in this scenario, the leak of the songs doesn't affect any current or future campaigns.

Scenario 2:
The seller doesn't want the songs to spread because they want "exclusiveness", so they're not here for the money, but the songs. Then they wouldn't be selling that stuff, but actually sharing it on private and demanding the songs not to be shared (which worked perfectly with the Forever demos, considering they were doing the rounds on private months before Regina leaked them). So in this scenario, the leak of the songs affects the possibility of "sharing" more stuff, but doest't affect the public campaigns because there was no campaign to obtain those files. So it's not about campaigns, but about selfishness.

Scenario 3:
Same as scenario 1, but on this occasion the seller thinks/knows that if songs leak, less people will contribute to the next campaign. So instead of two thousand pounds, the campaign offers to buy the disc for 500 pounds. The seller either accepts it earning less money, or decides to keep the stuff because they rather have the exclusive songs than earning so little money. So, again, the whole thing is about earning money because of us. Milking.


They're basically the 3 situations we might have. And, in all of them, it seems that you (you = the ones defending the campaigns so passionately) want us to act like sheep following the flock, to either please a seller or a bunch of users owning exclusive stuff. Where does that leave our personalities? Cause I don't know about the rest, but my personality is more valuable than a few unreleased songs, so I refuse to act like everything's ok and shut my mouth just to please them.

I understand we all want unreleased stuff, specially if it's good (although ironically the best stuff –Forever songs– didn't arrive through a campaign), and I do understand that sometimes the only way to get it is to accept the "rules" of a seller. But let's not forget that those sellers got the songs for free, either because of contacts or because they found a CD somewhere or they stole them from distracted producers. Those sellers are asking thousands of pounds in exchange of something they got for free, so I don't think it's THAT ok to praise them and to be on their knees as if we were starving and they were going to feed us. In fact, they wouldn't be so confident about the value of the stuff they own if it wasn't because of the desperate behaviour of people around here (like Sideout pointed, even with crap songs like 'Full Of Fire').

So, in my eyes, it won't do us any harm to stand up and have some pride for once, and stop acting as if those sellers owned the glory sacred water of eternal life. If they want to sell stuff, they will have to follow our rules, not viceversa, which means they might get some money but they can't expect things not to leak because this is 2016. And if they aren't willing to sell their stuff because they won't get tons of money, then they can F* off and we all should do the same. Cause I'm sure if the Spice Girls released a 10-tracks album priced at 100 pounds, almost nobody would purchase it. So I don't see why those sellers should have more power than the group that recorded those songs on first place.

I'm thankful this campaigns started, because they helped to get united and get things off eBay, but they're become a desperate joke when a VB album with only 6 new songs and a handful demos was sold for 2,000 pounds (just to give you a comparison, the Telstar album –Open Your Eyes– was sold for 200 pounds). Because of that, just imagine how much another seller might ask for Spice Girls unreleased stuff from 1996-2000. And that is OUR fault, because we are the ones letting those sellers think (and believe) that we are willing to pay those prices and even more. I refuse to believe the eBay auction would've reached that huge amount, to be honest.

Is it really worth it? Having those songs is worth following their rules like a flock? Even if it's just 10-15 pounds per user. Spending money on an unmastereded bunch of songs when we don't even pay that amount for a proper finished work of music that's on iTunes? If we weren't such a greedy selfish community with songs dancing around via PMs and Facebook messages, we wouldn't be needing campaigns and contributors because most of the stuff would either leak because it's "worthless" or be sold through eBay at lower prices to someone that, maybe, would end up re-selling copies to a lower price or leaking the whole thing because they're only collectors of the physical one-of-a-kind copy, not of the music inside of it. We are the ones creating a fuss about the unreleased stuff, we are the ones rising the prices.


Think about it.

And sorry for the speech, but someone had to say it, considering I've had this talk via private with a lot of users and none of them has the balls to stand up and post what they think.


You made some very valid points and I completely agree with you that the situation is adversarial - the seller wants a high price and buyers want the material and the ideal goal is that we can meet in the middle. Unfortunately, that's not always the case and it can appear that sellers do have an advantage and it does sometimes feel like we're being exploited.

Regarding the seller and the request for there not to be leaks, I simply wanted to be respectful - I would vehemently disagree with being a sheep or that we're praising them by acting professional. The seller did not dictate that the material was not to be leaked. In each campaign, there has been a different seller. However, as some of these sellers acquired rare material, it wouldn't be a surprise if we dealt with one again in a future auction.

Say for example that the seller that sold the Spice Demo cassette ended up with an early version of the Say You'll Be There demos or the Greatest Hits Instrumental Pack ended up with a Spice and Spiceworld full instrumental CD. If we left a bad impression, they might not be willing to deal with us in the future. Enough to not deal with us on eBay? Probably not. But I'd rather not leave it up to chance. Gork allegedly has the Return of the Spice Girls Tour Screen DVD but because people here treated him terribly he has no intention of ever sharing it. Maybe that's true - maybe it isn't. I believe in treating people with respect because I would like that respect in return. Not to be a broken record but the RotSG Tour Studio Versions seller didn't deal with the group again after a leak. So there is a precedent of a leak negatively impacting a future sale.

The majority of campaigns have been attained through an eBay auction that ended naturally. I prefer not to get into specifics publicly, but if you have a question, I'm happy to address it privately. Barring fake bidders, the value of the item is set on the marketplace. They attained the material and are allowed to sell it. Yes, they might have gotten it for free. Or they might have paid for a lot and ended up with that item and are re-selling it.

You're absolutely correct that nobody needs unreleased material to live and we (as a group) are ultimately responsible for the demand and price that we pay for the items. However, I would point out that participation is voluntary and members decide whether they want to contribute and, if so, how much. With this particular auction, we had samples of the tracks before the auction ended so members were able to make an informed decision (like you did). And as with the majority of previous campaigns, samples were available of the actual quality, so members knew what they were getting BEFORE they fulfilled their contribution. If a member decided to withdraw from participating (as some did in this campaign), that is their choice to do so.

The ultimate takeaway is that someone will inevitably purchase an item on eBay. The rarer it is, the higher the price it goes for. Just for clarification, the Telstar/Open Your Eyes album did not go for 200 Pounds. It went for over 300 Pounds. While looking for the thread for confirmation, I stumbled upon one of your posts, Ier, and that's what you said. So I'm taking your word on that. And that was 10 years ago. A signed Free Me Vinyl LP (a 12 year old album) with no new tracks recently went for 230 Pounds. So in addition to being flawless, Emma is priceless as well. Look at the cost of Viva Forever individual covers. They can fetch 6-7x their original value. Yes, there is a possibility that the winning bid of the auction would have been well below what we paid, but there is also a possibility that we might have lost out because of a higher bid.

Ier, you yourself quoted the seller in this thread as saying he received a competitive offer from another party which he didn't take. Maybe that was true - maybe it wasn't. A higher offer was made and the seller didn't accept it. The seller provided a counteroffer and I put that to the group and the majority approved it. Some members disagreed with that decision so I personally matched the majority contributor's maximum pledge and the remaining members were left to split the other third. I can't please everyone but as the majority voted overwhelmingly to approve it, I followed their lead. Some members disagreed with that decision and some still participated and some withdrew. The decision ultimately ended up being theirs.

I'm glad Full of Fire was brought up. Talk about the Kennedy Forever tracks being circulated for months - that Melanie C track was held for years. I don't think it's a coincidence that it leaked when it was no longer as exclusive as it had once been. The Touch tracks - Melody of Life we didn't even have confirmation of until a snippet popped up on YouTube - have apparently been in some members' hands for years. So just because something is out "there" it doesn't mean that it will necessarily leak.

For that reason, if we have the option of obtaining something through eBay over waiting and hoping for it to leak, I'd personally much rather choose the former. The more people that participate, the less the individual burden per member. I realize not everyone is in a position to participate. Thankfully, members have stepped up and contributed and as a result we've been successful in our endeavors. And thanks to members' efforts and the generosity of donors, there's two more unreleased Touch tracks and an Emma track in the hands of fans. I think it's safe to say that the entire community has benefited as a result of these campaigns.

Ier, you are more than welcome to act as the customer service liaison, especially if it means fewer PMs. :love: However, unless members voice their opinions and concerns - either publicly or privately, these campaigns can't improve. I welcome all kinds of feedback. I do prefer the criticism to be constructive (what's wrong and how can we fix it?), but I'd rather have members be honest so we can move forward. These campaigns have only been successful because of members' participation and if I can do something to improve member satisfaction and interest, I'm more than happy to try.
User avatar
Javi
Posts: 26843
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER
Location: Bitchland

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Javi » 17 May 2016, 12:05

Sorry, I don't have time to reply to the whole thing but I wanted to point that I didn't exactly remember the price the OYE album was sold for. 200, 300, whatever. I was just trying to make the point that it was sold for a reasonable price despite including a whole album's worth of new almost-mastered songs (songs we never got samples from, btw, as far as I can remember) and it happened during their heyday when Victoria was still famous for being a singer and her fans were fans of her music, not her fashion projects. So that shows how much we, the fans, have increased the value of the unreleased stuff for acting so desperate every time a weird item appears on eBay and such things.

Maybe the problem is that the campaigns are held publicly, so any seller that might have access to this forums will know exactly how much they can ask for stuff. if I'm trying to sell a disc for 100 pounds and then I see 30 users replying "count me in" on a thread about a campaign to buy my CD, I would obviously ask, at least 300 pounds for it. I guess you get the point. The original VB campaign was done on private and the eBay auction thread was deleted, not only because of avoiding VB's lawyers, it was also done so the seller, in case he found us, wouldn't know how many of us were actually getting together. But now it's kind of late cause a lot of the potential sellers know this place and they already know how much they can sell their items for.

If we hadn't set the bar SO high for a bunch of instrumental songs (for example), proper unreleased songs wouldn't be so expensive to get. I didn't mean to stop the campaigns, at the end of the day each one will contribute if they want to. But as long as people are willing to pay that much for stuff, the more expensive things will get, and those saying "it's only 10 pounds each, what's the big deal" will be dealing with "30-pounds-each campaigns in 5 years time". And it still will be ok if they're willing to pay that amount, but the more expensive things get, the less fans will contribute. And, on the other hand, I love their music, but I respect my principies more, and I honestly refuse to help someone earn 2,000 pounds for a disc that they got for free. I did it once cause I got carried away, but I won't do that again. If they want to earn easy money, good for them, but it won't be thanks to me. And obviously I speak for myself, I'm not trying to make other users follow my decision.

If now I sold the latest VB songs on eBay, everyone on this forum would jump on my throat. And, at the end of the day, I did pay for those songs. In fact, people have criticized a lot of users that have sold the OYE albums on eBay. So I would like to know why is it ok for those sellers that got the songs for free to sell them for insane amounts of money, but then it's not ok for us to do the same. It's kind of contradictory that we praise those sellers but then criticize other users that do exactly the same (to another fans outside this forum that might come across items they didn't even know they existed). But this is a different discussion (that's also worth having).
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
User avatar
Sergiospice
Posts: 3672
Joined: 25 Jul 2006, 18:32
Gender: Male
Custom Title: El chico latino
Country: Argentina
Location: Buenos Aires
Contact:

Re: VICTORIA BECKHAM ALBUM TRACKS ! Unreleased ..RARE ...SUP

Postby Sergiospice » 17 May 2016, 14:12

gingerboy wrote:I knew that sooner or later would be a leak. It has happened always, starting with concerts from Spiceworld tour.

Its sad that those things appears free for people, when others have paid. But for me the most important thing is that we won this record.


The only one that seems not to have leaked and that sone fans have are the SIYWGF instrumentals. I started my singing lessons last year and I want them so bad!
Image

Return to “Victoria Beckham”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andre and 12 guests