Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Cyteen
Posts: 1102
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 17:26
Gender: Female
Country: France
Location: Paris

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Cyteen » 21 Sep 2016, 17:46

I got my order yesterday, shipping was so fast !!

It came in a lovely black box and black & white dots silk paper...
Packaging is very luxury and so heavy for make up products, with a nice compact mirror in every pieces (sorry my english sucks today).
I didn't try it yet but first impressions were very positive... I'm almost scared to try it, I don't want to ruin the products :D
Can I call a cab to take you home ?
Sah
Posts: 17398
Joined: 23 Mar 2006, 02:14
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Sah » 21 Sep 2016, 19:28

^ Hahah that is great, i always appreciate the packaging and the boxing, its important for luxury items, imo. I hope you like the products as well, and get to use them a lot.

Also nice to hear that the shipping from her site is good, some take forever, you did order from her site right?
raqueldbab
Posts: 1236
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 19:55
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby raqueldbab » 21 Sep 2016, 19:49

Suki wrote:
Hi,
Harry makes it up has made a lovely review about the collection. I'm now less afraid to buy the eyeshadow palette (:

https://youtu.be/pB-ZlC5_0To


Thank you Suki! Will you be getting anything else? I bought charred emerald but can't bring myself to use it :p , eek! Beautiful packaging and speedy delivery!
Cyteen
Posts: 1102
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 17:26
Gender: Female
Country: France
Location: Paris

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Cyteen » 21 Sep 2016, 20:24

Yes I ordered the products on friday evening. Parcel was shipped on monday and delivered on tuesday in Paris.
I mean, it's so impressive !!

Well this is soooo stupid but I don't dare to try these damn things lol... it's too beautiful to be touched :D
Can I call a cab to take you home ?
Sah
Posts: 17398
Joined: 23 Mar 2006, 02:14
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Sah » 21 Sep 2016, 21:02

^ That is a nice delivery timeline, and lol, use it! I think the more beauty products like this are used, the better they perform.
Suki
Posts: 1267
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 19:55
Gender: Female
Country: Germany

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Suki » 21 Sep 2016, 22:47

raqueldbab wrote:
Suki wrote:
Hi,
Harry makes it up has made a lovely review about the collection. I'm now less afraid to buy the eyeshadow palette (:

https://youtu.be/pB-ZlC5_0To


Thank you Suki! Will you be getting anything else? I bought charred emerald but can't bring myself to use it :p , eek! Beautiful packaging and speedy delivery!


I think I will get the kajal and the red lipstick. Not sure if I should get the bronzer as well. And I should not think about how much money I going to spend on make up.
Image
raqueldbab
Posts: 1236
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 19:55
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby raqueldbab » 21 Sep 2016, 23:17

LOL if Victoria had been wearing any bronzer lately I would get the bronzer (VB effect)! Thanx to that review I want the palete now and the kajal. I'm not getting the highlighter since it is too dark for my skin tone, although I have olive skin, lots of girls on insta say it is a bit dark, more appropriate for a tanned skin. The lipstick is too brown for my liking.

Cyteen I totally feel your pain, I have a drawer with make up from Chanel and Dior that I only look at and can't touch, hey we all need to collect something! But I'm trying to stop it since we only live once and if I don't use it I can't justify spending the money on it, sigh.
User avatar
jezebelvictoria
Posts: 1500
Joined: 02 Jul 2008, 06:59

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby jezebelvictoria » 22 Sep 2016, 09:03

I'm so annoyed. I finally get paid and everything on her site is 'Out of Stock'. All I was going to get was the eyeliner but still, I'm not a wealthy person and I've always wanted to order something off her site and now I can't. I'm sure the next time they get stock, I'll be broke again.
Image
Sah
Posts: 17398
Joined: 23 Mar 2006, 02:14
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Sah » 22 Sep 2016, 12:19

^ New Stocks are coming in daily for some items, so keep checking, i think the eyeliner will come back.
Cyteen
Posts: 1102
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 17:26
Gender: Female
Country: France
Location: Paris

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Cyteen » 22 Sep 2016, 13:04

So I used the highlighter this morning and it's just really beautiful. I think I'll order it again to have one left in my stock lol...
And I also feared it might be too dark for my skin tone but it's not, really. I'm quite fair altough I self-tan (but I do not self-tan my face, just put up foundation that matches my body skin tone, but this foundation is the lightest - it's a Guerlain one), and it's definitely not too dark, it gives that kind of dewy/glowy/wet effect on skin. I highly recommend it !
Can I call a cab to take you home ?
User avatar
posh_girl
Posts: 3009
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Location: Germany

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby posh_girl » 23 Sep 2016, 21:10

User avatar
Poshboy78
Posts: 1555
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: Italy
Location: Italy

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Poshboy78 » 23 Sep 2016, 21:17

Apparently La Rinascente will be the only luxury department store in Milan that will exclusively stock her make-up range. I've just asked info @ the Estee Lauder stand and they confirmed me that the VB line will be available by October. Let's wait and see if they will have some event for the launch.
Image
Sah
Posts: 17398
Joined: 23 Mar 2006, 02:14
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Sah » 23 Sep 2016, 21:40

Nice interview from The Sunday Times Style Supplement:

Victoria Beckham: I’m a control freak, a workaholic, and I like to do everything myself
At 42, Victoria Beckham is a mum of four, runs a fashion brand and has just released a make-up range. In a candid interview, she reveals her fierce ambition, despite feeling vulnerable in the limelight
By Claudia Winkleman October 2 2016, 12:01am,

Okay, VB has released some make-up with Estée Lauder. They said I could go to her office for a chat, about eyeshadow and stuff. Total win. I got on a bus and arrived. In my head the office was going to be one person on a sewing machine, Victoria in a corner munching on a rice cake. Well, I know I’m thick, but this time I was really thick. It’s a proper, big office rammed with lovely girls and racks of clothes and everything is very happy and buzzy. Victoria and I slunk into a small room, and once I worked out how to use the Dictaphone (genuinely more complicated than space travel), we were off.

CW: First things first: normal humans in life, they might get one bite of the cherry. They might just do one thing they’re really proud of and go: “Yes, that is me, this defines me. I’m now going to relax.” You were a member of one the most successful bands in history. The Spice Girls sold how many albums?

VB: Well it was 75m records, but that’s splitting hairs.

CW: And then you go and create a very successful fashion brand. Are you amazed at how well it’s gone?

VB: I’m proud of how well it’s gone. I’ve worked really hard. I don’t believe in luck — I think I’ve worked hard for everything I’ve achieved. I think I learnt a lot from being in the Spice Girls, most importantly how you can have everything one minute and then lose it the next, and becoming successful isn’t as difficult as sustaining success. I’ve been given a second chance, so I’m not going to lose it again.

CW: How did your family react when you told them you wanted to be a fashion designer? Did they go, “Eh, what are you doing? Have a lie-down.”

VB: My mum has never really understood why I work as hard as I do. When I was at college studying to be a dancer — and I told Romeo this story last night because he’s off at a tennis camp — I was struggling. I was never the best. I called my mum and dad from a phone box and I said: “I can’t handle this any more.” And my mum said: “Come home and we’ll go to Lakeside and buy a pair of shoes.” My dad said: “No, you don’t, you stay there and you work really hard.” Thankfully I listened to my dad. And this is what I said to Romeo last night: “I know you miss home. I could say, come back and we’ll buy a new tennis racket, but, no, you’ve got to stay there and give it your best shot.”

So my mum has never really understood my drive. She still says that to me now: “Why can’t someone else help you, why do you have to be so involved yourself?” I do it because I love it. This doesn’t feel like a job, this is what I have to do. I still have a lot that I want to achieve, and I am the brand. David was so busy with his football, and I remember calling Simon Fuller and telling him I was really nervous. He was my business partner and friend, and he just said: “As long as you’re happy.”

CW: Were you terrified? Because failing in fashion somehow would feel more personal because, as you say, you’re the brand — it’s you.

VB: You know, people had preconceptions, and I’m very aware of that. To be honest with you, I wasn’t really scared because I didn’t know then what I know now. I didn’t know the industry. Would I be scared starting over again now? Yes. But at the time I didn’t know. Everyone thought it was going to be rubbish, so it was either going to be rubbish, or I was going to pleasantly surprise people, and thankfully I did. People had preconceptions, and that’s fine, but now I would definitely be more nervous. Back then, I just didn’t really think about it. I knew what I wanted to say. I had a vision, I had a passion. I was happy to put in the work, I wasn’t going to run before I could walk.

CW: Did you get good advice?

VB: I was friends with Marc Jacobs at the time, and I didn’t tell him that I was actually going to be doing a fashion line, because he’s Marc Jacobs, and I was his friend, but I was in a pop group. I wasn’t exactly going to turn around and say to Marc Jacobs, “Hey, I’m creating a line of frocks.” No! I was a bit embarrassed — this was Marc Jacobs! He was probably, like everyone else, just thinking, “OK, you’re having a laugh.” But he found out through someone who had come to see my collection and had told him, “Oh, actually it’s really good.” So Marc got in touch and started offering advice, and he was absolutely great.

CW: Didn’t he say, whatever happens, make sure the quality is good?

VB: Yes, that was Marc. He said, that way no one can ever say it is rubbish. They can say it isn’t their personal taste, but they can’t say it’s awful. It was interesting because, after the first collection, the reviews were really great, so I said in a couple of interviews that I was thankful and grateful that the industry left their preconceptions at the door and viewed the collection as a collection. And he called me later, and he said: “You’ve got to stop saying that. They didn’t leave their preconceptions at the door. The collection was good and they wrote about it. Stop saying thank you for leaving your preconceptions at the door, because they didn’t.”

CW: And now you do shows and your children are laughing in the front row, wearing beautiful clothes, sitting next to Anna Wintour. Do you ever quietly get into bed and silently punch the air?

VB:I don’t do that as much as I should. The only person I am constantly trying to prove anything to is myself. I do feel the pressure and I’m enjoying the journey, if you like. But I do feel like I have to constantly prove myself. It was interesting because I don’t think that David, or my parents, or my children ever really understood what I did. It wasn’t until they came to the show that they realised Mummy actually has a proper job.

It’s great when the kids know that both Mummy and Daddy work, and that we’re equal, and that when they come to the show, they know that Daddy is in charge because I’m going to be running around looking at the girls, checking the hair and make-up, checking the set. All the children know that I go to work, and that is such a positive thing.

CW:
You have kids of very disparate ages. Do you ever think, “Oh, I should have just popped them all out in four years,” because you’re a mum to a grown man, and you’ve got a little puffin at home who still wants to play with Play-Doh. Is that harder for a working mum?

VB: I think that the kids get harder as they get older. The most important thing is to make sure that each child gets the individual attention that they need. But you’re right: I can never go to bed early because Brooklyn is always up and that’s when I get to see him, and then you’ve got Harper who is up super early. So I do feel that I’m being pulled in four different directions with the children. And then I have David and work, too. The truth is, it is hard. You feel guilty if you’re missing something with the children. If I’m away on holiday or away for the weekend, I hide in the loo or a cupboard because someone at work is emailing me and they need answers to something, and I feel I have to hide those things because I don’t want to impinge on the family.

CW: I feel women reading this will understand that guilt. Men manage to cuddle their kids and throw themselves in, but when they leave they are in a meeting. I don’t think we are ever just in a meeting. We’re thinking, “Wait, did she say she wanted to dress up as Saturn tomorrow?” What is your advice?

VB: What I am learning to do, and finding really difficult, is delegating. I am a control freak, a workaholic, and I like to do everything myself. But the truth is, I am in a position to have help. I am incredibly lucky that I am the boss, so I can say: “I’m coming in late because of sports day.” Some mums can’t do that, and the key is to not beat yourself up about it. Actually, Diane von Furstenberg said something really interesting. I saw her a few months ago, and I asked her: “Did you feel constantly guilty as a working mum?” She said: “I didn’t feel guilty once, not once, because I did the best I could and I was a mum. Guilt makes you look old and feel old, and it’s never going to get anyone anywhere.”

CW: On the subject of celebration, let’s talk about your make-up range. Now, you must get 900 requests a day: can you open this donkey sanctuary, can you can come and support this and that? Was this the request where you just went, “Totally, I’m in”?

VB: Yeah, I’ve always loved make-up. I’ve been collecting make-up for the past 15 years — colours that I’ve mixed working with some of the best make-up artists and photographers in the world — and so I knew that one day I wanted to create a make-up line. I had done a lot of research so when they turned up, I had a whole dining- room table full of make-up, and I was very specific. I said I wanted to create a capsule collection of key pieces that every woman needs to have in her make-up bag.

CW:
And what’s your favourite product?

VB: I’d say the Morning Aura. I said to the team: “You know I fly from London to LA — 11 hours. I get off the plane, I feel somewhat jaded, and I’m paparazzied. I want something moisturising, nourishing, something that closes the pores, something that lifts and gives that really dewy look and acts as a primer and base.

CW: What is the worst make-up fail, either yourself or that you’ve seen on somebody else?

VB: My worst make-up fail was when I went to the MTV awards with the Spice Girls and we looked like men in drag, because we were so tired. The more tired you get, the more make-up you put on. But I’ve learnt so much from shoots, and so often you are in the hands of a great artist and you trust them. I just like less, really. I wanted my collection to be easy. I’m a working mum, I’m not a make-up artist or a model. This is really easy to apply.

CW: Are you always thinking, “I hope this goes all right?” Or are you so confident in it that you think it’s going to fly?

VB: I get more confident as I get older. I feel that I know what women want, and I know what is not out there, as someone who loves make-up. You are going to love the eyeliner, by the way. Just feel how smooth that goes on. The eyeliner is a good example: when Estée Lauder first came to me with a black eyeliner, I was like, “No, that’s too polite.”

CW: I want to look like I’ve slept in a skip.

VB: Exactly. We embrace imperfections, it’s meant to look…

CW: Sweaty?

VB:Yes!

CW: How do you feel about being on the red carpet? Do you hate it?

VB: I really don’t love it. I look at pictures of people smiling on the red carpet and they are properly loving it. I just can’t wait to get down the carpet and be done with it. I don’t know if it’s the years of being photographed and the criticism, but I just feel exposed and vulnerable and uncomfortable, and I can’t be myself. I can’t wait till I’m off it and we can all just have a drink, throw our heads back, and who cares if your lip gloss has worn off? You can relax.

My worst make-up fail was when I went to the MTV awards with the Spice Girls and we looked like men in drag

CW: You don’t seem like the same person on the red carpet. Is that weird?

VB: I look at the image of me and I don’t like it. It doesn’t really feel like me. That’s the great thing about social media, because I can choose the imagery I put out there, whether it’s me kissing Harper for her birthday, or me dressed up as a Minion. Hopefully people are seeing the real me through that.

CW: Maybe it’s quite clever that you are holding back, you aren’t giving them everything. Is there something in that? That you’re closed, professional.

VB: The word professional is probably quite accurate because I’m never going to these things for fun, I am going because it’s work or charity or to support a friend.

CW:
How about family — are you quite strict as a parent?

VB: We’re very strict with them. We’ve always had great relationships with them, as have both mine and David’s families. Please and thank-yous have always been a priority, and they don’t consider themselves entitled at all. So yes, we are strict. We’ve never spoilt the children with anything other than love. We’re a very affectionate family, we’re always cuddling and we communicate constantly, and we’re very present with the kids. We’ve never missed a parents’ evening or a sports day or any of the things you have to go to. They are our priority.

CW: Do you fantasise about having another one?

VB:
No! I am done. People have been obsessed with it — she’s getting divorced, she’s pregnant, she’s getting divorced, she’s pregnant — ever since I met David.

CW: Let’s talk about the Spice Girls GEM [Geri, Emma, Mel — the new Spice Girls incarnation]. Do you wish them all the luck in the world?

VB:
Of course, as a new group, I do. I do think they should sing new material, though, because what we did as the Spice Girls was so special. If they sang Spice Girls songs, I think I might be a bit sad.

CW:
I know that your team are everything. Did you once deliver Tom Cruise when they needed a pick-me-up when they were putting a show together?

VB: I did! He spent a few hours here talking to everyone from ready-to-wear and the ateliers. He was so giving, plus he basically came as Maverick from Top Gun — shades and a leather jacket. We still talk about it.

CW: You’ve done so well and created so much. Will there be a moment soon when you go to David: “Be a love and pass me a pair of trousers with an elasticated waist and put a shepherd’s pie in the oven. I’m done”?

VB:
No! Not yet. I love holiday time when we can all relax, but even then I’m hiding in the loo getting emails. Last weekend we were in Iceland and I was reading a message about wood samples for the floor of our next show. So I’m not ready to put on those elasticated trousers just yet.
Last edited by Sah on 06 Oct 2016, 21:42, edited 2 times in total.
raqueldbab
Posts: 1236
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 19:55
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby raqueldbab » 25 Sep 2016, 01:54

Thank you Cyteen! I got a call from Lauder`s sa and Porto ECI will receive the colection, I`m so happy to see everything in person. I found another review:-) http://www.silverkis.com/victoria-beckh ... -swatches/
Margaret
Posts: 18843
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Margaret » 25 Sep 2016, 08:11

I just ordered the eyeshadow palette from her site, so exciting :)
Image
Margaret
Posts: 18843
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Margaret » 25 Sep 2016, 08:51

Which brushes do you all recommend?
Image
Cyteen
Posts: 1102
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 17:26
Gender: Female
Country: France
Location: Paris

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Cyteen » 25 Sep 2016, 19:27

I think I'm going to try the eyeshadow palette tomorrow...

I would recommend a flat brush + a blending brush Margaret :)

Damn... I think I'm gonna buy some additionnal stuff when it's launched in Paris... I'm so weak!
Can I call a cab to take you home ?
Suki
Posts: 1267
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 19:55
Gender: Female
Country: Germany

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Suki » 25 Sep 2016, 19:37

Margaret wrote:Which brushes do you all recommend?


I would recommend a flat eyeshadow brush for the lid and a blending brush for the crease.

I can't wait until I finally can order it in Germany (:
Image
Margaret
Posts: 18843
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Margaret » 25 Sep 2016, 19:39

Suki wrote:
Margaret wrote:Which brushes do you all recommend?


I would recommend a flat eyeshadow brush for the lid and a blending brush for the crease.

I can't wait until I finally can order it in Germany (:


Her site ships worldwide.. did you know?
Image
Sah
Posts: 17398
Joined: 23 Mar 2006, 02:14
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Sah » 25 Sep 2016, 19:52

Cyteen on which product do you have your eye for next? :D :x

Few more Fashion Magazine sightings:

Vogue Spain:

Image Image

Elle UK:


Image

Vogue Paris:

Image
Cyteen
Posts: 1102
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 17:26
Gender: Female
Country: France
Location: Paris

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Cyteen » 25 Sep 2016, 20:51

All the lips products are my next target, except from the red lipstick. And I'd like to buy one more Modern Mercury highlighter :love:
Can I call a cab to take you home ?
Suki
Posts: 1267
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 19:55
Gender: Female
Country: Germany

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Suki » 25 Sep 2016, 21:44

Margaret wrote:
Suki wrote:
Margaret wrote:Which brushes do you all recommend?


I would recommend a flat eyeshadow brush for the lid and a blending brush for the crease.

I can't wait until I finally can order it in Germany (:


Her site ships worldwide.. did you know?


Thank you I know. I bouhgt the quincy bag a while ago :inlove: My only very high end designer bag.

But this time I thought I will save the 20€ shipping if I have the possibility to save those costs and spend it on a product.
Image
Margaret
Posts: 18843
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Margaret » 25 Sep 2016, 21:46

Very smart ;-)
Image
Suki
Posts: 1267
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 19:55
Gender: Female
Country: Germany

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Suki » 25 Sep 2016, 22:00

Margaret wrote:Very smart ;-)


Indeed :laugh: ;)
Image
Cyteen
Posts: 1102
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 17:26
Gender: Female
Country: France
Location: Paris

Re: Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder

Postby Cyteen » 26 Sep 2016, 11:22

Suki : I didn't have any shipping cost when I ordered the make-up on her website last week :)

Okay so this morning I tested the eyeshadow palette... as I was wearing a blue dress, I tried the blue eyeshadow (applied with 2 YSL pro brushes and blended with the 217 MAC brush) and I must say I'm really really impressed. The pigmentation is so intense, even with a tiny amount of product, the intensity was astonishing. I was nearly thinking to remove it as I thought it would be "too much" to wear this at work, but well... it's too expensive to be wasted lol. So I have quite a bold blue eye look today ^^ And another good point : I didn't have any fall out of product on my cheeks !! (this is an issue you can often have with eyeshadows).
This is really really good. Maybe better than the Urban Decay eyeshadows (a must-have).
Can I call a cab to take you home ?

Return to “Victoria Beckham”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests