Spring/Summer 2017 Collection

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
jezebelvictoria

Re: Spring/Summer 2017 Collection

Postby jezebelvictoria » 11 Sep 2016, 17:21

I'm so over hoping for heels. One thing I don't understand out of everything she's decided to venture for her fashion career is the footwear. One of the number one things that Victoria is known for is amazing selection of heels. She's been doing footwear for years yet everything she has done has been the most hideous footwear I've ever seen. I liked the original platform heels she did for her first season of footwear but ever since then it's been atrocity after atrocity. In my mind she's holding out until she makes the heels a highlight but if not, what the fuck is she doing? These rainboots and elves shoes are fucking disgusting.
nona

Postby nona » 11 Sep 2016, 17:24

She looks beautiful. Great shirt.
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 17:25

It's such a beautiful collection, velvet is so HARD to do, and make it look cool, but they did! It's a completely cohesive collection, from start to end. STUNING color palette, loose shilouette's that she now favours, and the models didn't bother me, for once.

And also while i HATE the shoes, AGAIN, they worekd for this collection, lol!
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 17:26

jezebelvictoria wrote:I'm so over hoping for heels. One thing I don't understand out of everything she's decided to venture for her fashion career is the footwear. One of the number one things that Victoria is known for is amazing selection of heels. She's been doing footwear for years yet everything she has done has been the most hideous footwear I've ever seen. I liked the original platform heels she did for her first season of footwear but ever since then it's been atrocity after atrocity. In my mind she's holding out until she makes the heels a highlight but if not, what the fuck is she doing? These rainboots and elves shoes are fucking disgusting.

I have seen the heel in one of the IG videos, one of them had it. I also think once she is done exploring with looks, and styles, she is bound to go back to more glamour and high heels. It will happen, Fashion always goes in circles.
kittie

Postby kittie » 11 Sep 2016, 17:27

Last edited by kittie on 11 Sep 2016, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 11 Sep 2016, 17:29

nona wrote:Image
She looks beautiful. Great shirt.

:inlove:
nona

Postby nona » 11 Sep 2016, 17:31

The shoes are standard ugly shoes she always does. That's one of the two known things for her show - the shows are gonna be ugly and there will be no evening wear. :D

Is she wearing a new bracelet lately?
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 17:31

UK Harper's Bazaar review:

Victoria Beckham spring/summer 2017
An "assured free spirit" from Victoria Beckham for SS17​

Victoria Beckham has been showing in New York for eight years now. In that time, she has evolved from a designer of dresses (good ones, admittedly) to creative director of a global luxury brand; her debut make-up collection with Estée Lauder launches next week. She's worked hard for it all, though: nobody could begrudge her this success. And she continues to progress - aesthetically pushing on, growing more confident with her own vision as time goes by. 'A collection with an assured free spirit' was how she chose to describe today's presentation, which offered a looser silhouette in deliciously tactile fabrics: crushed velvet, washed and crumpled satin, pleated leather, filmy chiffon and lace. Even her handbags had softened up, turning into squishy pouches dangling from the wrist on a little strap. There were a lot of dresses, of course: a head turning knee-length sheath of white crushed velvet with a crepe back and dangling ribbon sleeves plus a sophisticated swingy navy crepe midi with bra detailing and velvet hem inserts especially stood out. There were also chic suits in washed satins, worn with bra tops and often a matching satin cross body bag. Knee-length pleated skirts were paired with zippy canvas and leather boots. When the designer took her final bow, she showed off a new short bob, wavy and flattering. The more things change, the better they get: if there was a message here, this was it.

Avril Mair

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/fashion/ ... 7/?slide=1
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 17:32

It says a lot about where she and her brand are that even her experimental pieces now have a finished look. Very sure hand and confident collection. I'm curious to see what the commercial pieces will be. Never thought I'd find crushed velvet sexy, especially the suits.

Again those boots were fugly :dizzy:, didn't mind the elf shoes though.
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 17:36

The Telegraph:

“It’s effortless, and everything is quite thrown on:" Victoria Beckham's new laidback look for SS17
By Victoria Moss

This morning, in a subdued New York- commemorating 15 years since the 9/11 attacks- Victoria Beckham presented her latest fashion collection, with her proposition for what you may like to be wearing come next summer.

Having shown here since her debut eight years ago in 2008, Beckham has the easy going attitude that comes with the confidence of a label that is not only critically acclaimed, but a commercial success.

Earlier this year she opened a store (her second, the first is on Dover street in London) in Hong Kong, a third store in New York is to come. A rather covetable make-up collection (try the red lipstick, it doesn’t budge) with Estee Lauder has also just launched.

Ahead of the show, on Saturday, Beckham was on hand to walk journalists through the collection in preview. Beckham looked relaxed and at her best in a loose pair of navy trousers with white and blue stripes along the side and a silk shirt tucked in – an outfit she had earlier been photographed in wearing with a pair of steep platforms, which by the time we met in her studio had been ditched in favour of flat white pumps. She proudly shared pictures of her children in their new school uniforms on their first day joking that “they all work so hard, but they’ve got no choice with a mother like me.”

The collection was an evolution of last season in which she brought back the corset albeit in knitted, de-boned versions. For spring, washed silk dresses featured bodice detailing, yet paired with soft pleated skirts felt altogether looser, and more fluid. Navy and copper hued satin tailored suits were relaxed, the jackets carry no fastenings, except trailing ties.

“Each season I do want to do something different” said Beckham. “It’s effortless, and everything is quite thrown on. The deconstructed detail makes it feel really easy.” Alongside this elegantly louche touch, there are sharp sweet injections of vibrant colours –light-weight crushed velvet drawstring waist skirts in lilac, a shimmering lime green pleated version plus zinging orange gave the collection a modern jolt.

This season Beckham explained was about “taking traditional fabrics - velvet, lace, leather, washed silk and satin - and treating them to make them feel newer, fresher and relevant.” Wide sleeved tops, knitted dresses and even pleated leather skirts featured a pretty spidery floral print offering a soft, breezy option, as did the wide leg biscuit colour slacks worn with flat white glove shoes. The collection offered neither strictly day nor evening looks, rather clever outfits that could be comfortably worn at all hours, by all ages.

At the show, her husband, David Beckham and son Brooklyn sat watching in their usual perch next to Anna Wintour. Mrs Beckham - dressed casually in her new slacks with an oversized pinstripe shirt and flat sandals- expressed an endearing anxiousness over her work. “It’s always so difficult when you’ve left your kids to go to work every day - you want people to like it. I just agonise over it, but I’m obsessive, because I love what I do. I’ve been up scratching my head for three nights over whether we should do the boot or the heel…” She shouldn't have worried, the end result - especially those summer-light canvas and leather knee length boots- was an assured triumph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/new- ... um=twitter
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 17:39

gugette wrote:It says a lot about where she and her brand are that even her experimental pieces now have a finished look. Very sure hand and confident collection. I'm curious to see what the commercial pieces will be. Never thought I'd find crushed velvet sexy, especially the suits.

Again those boots were fugly :dizzy:, didn't mind the elf shoes though.

She says in Telegraph she agonized wheter to use the boots she used, or with high heel. So there are high heeld version that will be sold, most likely in her stores. I just feel like for this styling, the flat boots were perfect!

Also WOW NY store, yes!!!
nona

Postby nona » 11 Sep 2016, 17:42

mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 11 Sep 2016, 17:46

Nice to hear the New York store is to come
nona

Postby nona » 11 Sep 2016, 17:51

Interview is really cute and he is brilliant for wearing that shirt. Love it. :D
Is it time for a new Vogue Russia cover?
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 17:53

nona wrote:Interview is really cute and he is brilliant for wearing that shirt. Love it. :D
Is it time for a new Vogue Russia cover?

:D Seriously, the shirt was the 1st thing I noticed. Cute interview
nona

Postby nona » 11 Sep 2016, 17:54

LOL, I read Vogue Runway as Vogue Russia and started getting ideas :laugh:
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 17:56

Thanks nona for posting the QA, she is so cute, and passionate when she talks about her brand, i love her liek this. And lol at her telling him to go chat with David about offside rule haha! She was clearly happy with how the show went. And yes i think she has a new Tiffany bracelet, noticed it yesterday in candids.
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 11 Sep 2016, 18:02

Cute:

gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 18:05

She's tiny next to him. So the NY store rumors were true. Very exciting, I'm shocked that they're doing all of this as an independent brand, I wonder if there'll be a partnership like the HK store.
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 18:13

wow so Pat did the makeup after all.
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 18:26

^ Aw, favorite backstage photo!!! So cute that she has the same team for, at least, last five years!

UK Vogue:

IN the October issue of Vogue, on newsstands now, Victoria Beckham writes a letter to her 18-year-old self. "You are not the prettiest, or the thinnest, or the best at dancing, at the Laine Theatre Arts college," the forty-two-year-old writes. "You think the principal has put you at the back of the end-of-year show (in a humiliatingly bright purple Lycra leotard) because you are too plump to go at the front. (This may or may not be true.)"

Sucks to be that principal, hey? The girl in the back line is now mistress of an aesthetic that defines easy but polished femininity. She holds catwalk shows in the vast Cunard building in New York beneath Italian neo-Renaissance ceilings for 700 people and gets overwhelmingly positive reviews. She helms a business that generates more money than her husband (no mean feat, when one considers the power of his left foot alone). And her spring/summer 2017 collection is just another string to her already well-endowed bow: she's loosened up, and in the process created a slouchy, unfettered look that women of all shapes and sizes will want to wear next year.

Backstage before the show, she welled up when asked about the process of writing the letter for Vogue. "When I first saw the interview, I cried. Then I read it to my mum. My mum cried. Then I read it to my hairdresser. He cried. Because it was almost like therapy. It brought everything back. And I came away thinking, how on earth did you carry on?"

The emotional softness seems to have coincided with her aesthetic relaxing. "The signature silhouette is there but it's evolved, it's deconstructed. I was trying on a jacket and just letting it fall off my shoulder, open, slouchy, and I thought, that looks really cool. It's about softening up this season. I wanted the clothes to look like they'd just been thrown on." To that end, midi dresses in smocked lace, pleated wafer-thin leather, washed silks, and crushed, super fine velvet had dropped waists and fell away from the body. Khaki and navy suits in heavy satin were slightly oversized and worn with bralettes, Nineties style. Other things Victoria was loving: knee-high canvas boots for summer in chic grey ("they feel so fresh"); new leather pouf handbags (she'd reserved the mint iteration for her own personal use immediately after the show); bright velvet in hot orange and peppermint; and suiting, which came without fastenings in the new laid-back mood.

"I never, ever say, 'Haven't I done well?' because I'm always on to the next thing. But I saw that cover and thought: bloody well done."

Let it be known: Victoria Beckham is softening up.
By Ellie Pithers

http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/spring-sum ... a-beckham/
gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 18:55

gugette

Postby gugette » 11 Sep 2016, 18:56

Sah wrote:^ Aw, favorite backstage photo!!! So cute that she has the same team for, at least, last five years!

UK Vogue:

IN the October issue of Vogue, on newsstands now, Victoria Beckham writes a letter to her 18-year-old self. "You are not the prettiest, or the thinnest, or the best at dancing, at the Laine Theatre Arts college," the forty-two-year-old writes. "You think the principal has put you at the back of the end-of-year show (in a humiliatingly bright purple Lycra leotard) because you are too plump to go at the front. (This may or may not be true.)"

Sucks to be that principal, hey? The girl in the back line is now mistress of an aesthetic that defines easy but polished femininity. She holds catwalk shows in the vast Cunard building in New York beneath Italian neo-Renaissance ceilings for 700 people and gets overwhelmingly positive reviews. She helms a business that generates more money than her husband (no mean feat, when one considers the power of his left foot alone). And her spring/summer 2017 collection is just another string to her already well-endowed bow: she's loosened up, and in the process created a slouchy, unfettered look that women of all shapes and sizes will want to wear next year.

Backstage before the show, she welled up when asked about the process of writing the letter for Vogue. "When I first saw the interview, I cried. Then I read it to my mum. My mum cried. Then I read it to my hairdresser. He cried. Because it was almost like therapy. It brought everything back. And I came away thinking, how on earth did you carry on?"

The emotional softness seems to have coincided with her aesthetic relaxing. "The signature silhouette is there but it's evolved, it's deconstructed. I was trying on a jacket and just letting it fall off my shoulder, open, slouchy, and I thought, that looks really cool. It's about softening up this season. I wanted the clothes to look like they'd just been thrown on." To that end, midi dresses in smocked lace, pleated wafer-thin leather, washed silks, and crushed, super fine velvet had dropped waists and fell away from the body. Khaki and navy suits in heavy satin were slightly oversized and worn with bralettes, Nineties style. Other things Victoria was loving: knee-high canvas boots for summer in chic grey ("they feel so fresh"); new leather pouf handbags (she'd reserved the mint iteration for her own personal use immediately after the show); bright velvet in hot orange and peppermint; and suiting, which came without fastenings in the new laid-back mood.

"I never, ever say, 'Haven't I done well?' because I'm always on to the next thing. But I saw that cover and thought: bloody well done."

Let it be known: Victoria Beckham is softening up.
By Ellie Pithers

http://www.vogue.co.uk/shows/spring-sum ... a-beckham/

I have to find the letter she wrote in Vogue!
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 11 Sep 2016, 18:57

I wonder if she will wear something from the runway to the Estée Lauder event this week?
Sah

Postby Sah » 11 Sep 2016, 18:59

She is still doing press backstage, wow, very busy this season. But its smart to get EL promos in there before next week.

Return to “Victoria Beckham”