Cruz 1st single

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
xstatic

Cruz 1st single

Postby xstatic » 07 Dec 2016, 14:29

Cruz Beckham just released his first single this morning
Speaking on the radio, the aspiring singer told host Dave Berry that the track is "two of my favourite things - singing and Christmas." Proceeds from the single's sale will be going to Global's Make Some Noise charity, which helps disadvantaged young people in the UK.
Are you going to buy it ?

"If Everyday Was Christmas"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/if-everyday-was-christmas/id1182571096?app=itunes

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2016120735070/Cruz-Beckham-releases-song-If-Everyday-Was-Christmas/
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Re: Cruz 1st single

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 07 Dec 2016, 14:34

Bought it already! Love it!!
kamel

Postby kamel » 07 Dec 2016, 15:09

Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 07 Dec 2016, 16:08

I like it. Number 7 in the UK iTunes chart
Sah

Postby Sah » 07 Dec 2016, 16:11

^ That shocks me, and in fact i feel like the song lacks that something extra to make it pop, it doesn't sound like a number 1, to me!

Also on the Capital, when he sings it for them, he sounds better! He seemed like he had fun, and I hope they raise a ton of money from it, at least!
Filip

Postby Filip » 07 Dec 2016, 16:27

Cute song, and he sounds good! Is it a cover or original song? :oops:
Andre

Postby Andre » 07 Dec 2016, 17:21

It's a cute song. Hope it goes well......
This tune is gonna punish you....
tommie

Postby tommie » 07 Dec 2016, 17:32

I'm surprised that Victoria would allow this to be honest. He's only 11 after all...
Giamma
Previous username(s): soul_power

Postby Giamma » 07 Dec 2016, 17:58

This is cute!
Spice-Invaders

Postby Spice-Invaders » 07 Dec 2016, 19:57

This is a Cute song for a good cause...

kittie

Postby kittie » 07 Dec 2016, 20:03

Cute song but like Sah said, it does not sound like a no. 1 single but at least he had fun. I'm not too keen on the "Cruz the new pop star" idea though.
Jer

Postby Jer » 07 Dec 2016, 21:11

I think I'm a little confused that the Beckham's would allow their children to be public figures, especially considering they were known to threaten legal action against news publications for printing/posting their children's images.

It's a personal opinion, but I don't think children should be put in the spotlight. It's a real risk subjecting a child to the abuses and bubble that comes along with "fame." It puts the child in a vulnerable position when they are at an impressionable age. The examples of child stars having difficulties later in life is considerable. Of course, there are exceptions to 'child star' syndrome who live very successful, fruitful lives. I do think that Victoria & David are strong, responsible parental figures, so hopefully Cruz has a good head on his shoulders.

...just simply airing my concern :shrug:
tommie

Postby tommie » 07 Dec 2016, 22:23

Jer wrote:I think I'm a little confused that the Beckham's would allow their children to be public figures, especially considering they were known to threaten legal action against news publications for printing/posting their children's images.

That's what confuses me too - Brooklyn I could sort of get as he's 18 in a few months, but I never would've pegged her for the type to let her 11 year old go and record a single.

Apparently it's produced by Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, so that explains why she was at his house a few months ago... :dizzy:
spicyjellybaby
Custom Title: AKA Kingellybaby

Postby spicyjellybaby » 08 Dec 2016, 00:02

It's a pretty decent song. Love Rodney Jerkins

He's so cute and its a fab cause
SW8
Previous username(s): SW8

Postby SW8 » 08 Dec 2016, 00:14

Jer wrote:I think I'm a little confused that the Beckham's would allow their children to be public figures, especially considering they were known to threaten legal action against news publications for printing/posting their children's images.

It's a personal opinion, but I don't think children should be put in the spotlight. It's a real risk subjecting a child to the abuses and bubble that comes along with "fame." It puts the child in a vulnerable position when they are at an impressionable age. The examples of child stars having difficulties later in life is considerable. Of course, there are exceptions to 'child star' syndrome who live very successful, fruitful lives. I do think that Victoria & David are strong, responsible parental figures, so hopefully Cruz has a good head on his shoulders.

...just simply airing my concern :shrug:

I'm agree.

But it should be really difficult for them if you're son has his personal goals and his passion in music. In some way, I understand they decision to support Cruz as singer if he's happy making what he really wants. Same as Victoria with fashion industry far away from what others wants for her.

Anyway, surprisingly, I like the song. Is really catchy and very ala Aaron Carter meets Justin Bieber. His voice is so cute.

I really like David's reaction as a father in this video. Apart from social media and press, is just a father really proud of his son:

ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 08 Dec 2016, 06:23

tommie wrote:I'm surprised that Victoria would allow this to be honest. He's only 11 after all...

Same. Romeo did Burberry, Brooklyn also did magazine covers...They are just a narcissistic family

How a 11 year old handle cyber bully comments?
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 08 Dec 2016, 06:54

Do you guys honestly think the Beckham children don't already know about the ways of the industry and public scrutiny? Yes this makes him more prone to it but I'm sure they're well aware and they probably don't bother even looking or caring at this point what people have to say. It's not like they're new to the would of celebrity like any other typical child stars that become famous at his age. He's been famous since his birth and already knowing his love for performing since a really young age (him dancing during the Spice Girls reunion tour), he probably really wanted to do it and when you're in a family with LOTS of connections, of course he's going to want to do it. So far, all it's been is a Christmas single. It's not like the Beckham's have been sending to perform around the world and standing to the side like money hungry 'stage' parents wanting to him to do something he doesn't want to do. Honestly, these kids are doing what they want not what their parents want. If the Beckham's had their way, I'm sure the kids would wait until they're a little older but since we're in a world where so much can be seen for children at a young age, it's probably difficult telling them they can't do anything.

Until we see any of their kids being fuck ups and acting like spoiled brats, how about you stop acting like these kid's parents and let the Beckham's be. I think they know what they're doing at this point.
Stas
Custom Title: straight forward

Postby Stas » 08 Dec 2016, 07:02

Ah he will obviously get a lot of negative response from all the bitter people out there, just because of his last name. But he is doing it for a good cause and it's not a bad thing and the song is a typical Christmas song, so what's the big deal? We just have to wait and see how it goes..
tommie

Postby tommie » 08 Dec 2016, 07:51

jezebelvictoria wrote: So far, all it's been is a Christmas single.

This has, supposedly, been produced by Rodney Jerkins and he's supposedly being managed by Justin Bieber/Ariana Grande's manager. You can bet that this is not some one-off Christmas single...
jezebelvictoria

Postby jezebelvictoria » 08 Dec 2016, 08:49

tommie wrote:
jezebelvictoria wrote: So far, all it's been is a Christmas single.

This has, supposedly, been produced by Rodney Jerkins and he's supposedly being managed by Justin Bieber/Ariana Grande's manager. You can bet that this is not some one-off Christmas single...

I'm just saying so far that's all it's been but people are acting like he's touring the world and performing on a new show everyday or that he's doing something out of his own will. Clearly he wants to do this and if I was in his position, I'd do the same and not look back or give one shit what anyone has to say. I wish I had 'nepotism' like some but unfortunately my life sucks. :laugh:
Sah

Postby Sah » 08 Dec 2016, 15:22

^ Exactly! It's their kid, and they know what they are doing! This whole "child star trappings" argument is tired. Keep that worry for kids who don't have such powerful parents that understand what they are dealing with. Look at his Social Media accounts, they are not run by him, but by SB managment! So he is not exposed to bully cyber comments because he is not the one posting on it, but Scooter is. Even Brooklyn's account was overseen by David, and her in the start.

I can see why people would not agree with them letting him start this young.etc but all of their kids projects were very well done. Romeo did Burberry, and everyone said it will ruin his childhood, he seems prefectly normal and cool years later, same for B. Also the interview he did was pre taped, so it didn't mess with his school schedule yesterday, that says a lot about how they want to manage him!

Shame the song is not good, imo, but Cruz seems happy, and content to be doing this. He said yesterday that they support him, but as soon as he doesn't find it fun he can stop! So this could also be a test for the kid to see how things go if you want an actual music career. This experience might turn him off, or prove that he is made of the right stuff to pursue singing.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 08 Dec 2016, 18:30

I never saw this coming haha

Is the song actually doing well?
Sah

Postby Sah » 08 Dec 2016, 19:26

^ I don't think so, i didn't hear anything today, it seems it's bombing.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 08 Dec 2016, 21:00

It's been Top15 on iTunes (UK) since its release, currently at #12.

It's doing incredibly well, considering it's a xmas song, for charity, unexpected on-air on-sale release, released by a 11 years old kid, debut single.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 08 Dec 2016, 22:40

ep7210 wrote:They are just a narcissistic family

How a 11 year old handle cyber bully comments?

The irony of you being concerned about cyber bullying when you've just slated all of the family.

In fairness, the kids are probably well aware of the nasty things said about their parents. I'm sure they'll have been taught to not bother reading shitty comments like yours.

Return to “Victoria Beckham”