'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
SpiceWonderland
Posts: 4815
Joined: 12 Jul 2008, 23:52

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby SpiceWonderland » 19 Jun 2017, 13:22

GZ10 wrote:Is there a US release date? I can't find the song on any platform here.

In the US, it's only on Spotify and Apple Music (streaming only) so far. :evil:
Last edited by SpiceWonderland on 19 Jun 2017, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
pinkdor
Posts: 2921
Joined: 30 Jun 2007, 22:56
Gender: Male
Location: Israel

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby pinkdor » 19 Jun 2017, 13:24

It's on ITunes but I can't download it. It's says it's already purchased but it's not on my iPhone

edit: it works now. weird.
Last edited by pinkdor on 19 Jun 2017, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Adam
Mod
Posts: 20184
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: London/Kent, UK

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby Adam » 19 Jun 2017, 13:27

I really like it. It's great to hear a new Geri song and the lyrics are very personal.

10x better than Half of Me. But not as good as Love & Light - I hope that song has a future somewhere!
Image
User avatar
Archie
Posts: 2009
Joined: 11 Jan 2007, 21:37
Previous username(s): Archie69
Location: Russian boy in Belgium)))

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby Archie » 19 Jun 2017, 13:29

pinkdor wrote:It's on ITunes but I can't download it. It's says it's already purchased but it's not on my iPhone

It was the same problem with me. I pre ordered it, but today it was not on my iPhone, so i bought it the second time, but i don't care)) I just wanted to listen to it.
I like it, chorus is really powerful, beautiful song. But to be honest i love Without love more - her best ballad.
Image
scrabbles
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 19:09
Gender: Male

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby scrabbles » 19 Jun 2017, 13:33

After the truly dreadful MOTM album, I was expecting the worst.

I was wrong: I love 'Angels in Chains'.

It's lovely. Great song.
User avatar
philippifloripa
Posts: 119
Joined: 05 Sep 2007, 02:03
Gender: Male
Country: Brazil
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby philippifloripa » 19 Jun 2017, 13:37

Loved angels in chains! What an amazing song! :music: :love:
Image
spicegirlsforever07
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 10:25
Gender: Male
Country: United_Kingdom
Location: Liverpool

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby spicegirlsforever07 » 19 Jun 2017, 13:39

I've just had an email from iTunes(UK), and my pre-order of the single is available to download and now in my iTunes :)

Verdict on the song: Its an ok song, nice lyrics and its a nice gesture what she is doing with it, tribute to George and donating the proceeds.
I'm just happy for any new music from Geri, we've waited 12 years, and I'm just grateful she decided to comeback.

Looking forward to Saturday.... :love:
freeme63
Posts: 90
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:10
Gender: Male

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby freeme63 » 19 Jun 2017, 13:50

Archie wrote:
pinkdor wrote:It's on ITunes but I can't download it. It's says it's already purchased but it's not on my iPhone

It was the same problem with me. I pre ordered it, but today it was not on my iPhone, so i bought it the second time, but i don't care)) I just wanted to listen to it.


Me too, i bought it once again.
User avatar
poshestboi183
Posts: 25
Joined: 01 May 2012, 02:34
Gender: Male

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby poshestboi183 » 19 Jun 2017, 14:20

Please help an american fan out...ive been searching all morning.. I-tunes nor amazon or youtube have the track can any spicey friends help me out? Many thanks in advance
TECHNICOLOR
Posts: 1084
Joined: 02 May 2006, 03:10
Gender: Male
Country: Mexico
Contact:

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby TECHNICOLOR » 19 Jun 2017, 14:22

#24 on iTunes Mexico :)
Image
petey
Posts: 2043
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 02:33
Gender: Male
Country: Australia
Location: Brisbane, Australia (Formally UK)

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby petey » 19 Jun 2017, 14:26

#54 iTunes Australia
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1705
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby PoshInMaine » 19 Jun 2017, 14:28

poshestboi183 wrote:Please help an american fan out...ive been searching all morning.. I-tunes nor amazon or youtube have the track can any spicey friends help me out? Many thanks in advance


Yes, please help us! LOL I can't find it on Spotify, iTunes, YouTube... nothing. I just want to hear it!
GZ10
Posts: 238
Joined: 13 Apr 2016, 21:39
Gender: Male
Country: United_States
Location: Maine
Contact:

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby GZ10 » 19 Jun 2017, 14:29

iTunes:
#1 Peru
#3 Spain
#20 Italy
#25 Denmark
#25 Netherlands
#27 Greece
#49 New Zealand
#54 Australia
#64 Norway
#80 Ireland
#90 Russia
#102 France
#117 United Kingdom
#117 Indonesia
#139 Brazil
#152 Canada

Current iTunes positions
User avatar
DannyDirnt
Posts: 483
Joined: 20 Aug 2012, 00:13
Gender: Male
Country: Spain

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby DannyDirnt » 19 Jun 2017, 14:36

I'd say it's doing well, isn't it? Normally it should continue to climb positions, as it just came out a few hours ago.
menime123
Posts: 582
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 16:59

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby menime123 » 19 Jun 2017, 14:38

GZ10 wrote:iTunes:
#1 Peru
#3 Spain
#20 Italy
#25 Denmark
#25 Netherlands
#27 Greece
#49 New Zealand
#54 Australia
#64 Norway
#80 Ireland
#90 Russia
#102 France
#117 United Kingdom
#117 Indonesia
#139 Brazil
#152 Canada

Current iTunes positions



It's #21 on iTunes UK, not #117 :D
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1705
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby PoshInMaine » 19 Jun 2017, 14:39

pinkbecca12 wrote:an album is coming!!! thank God its not an EP, oh and a music video for Angels...
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... el-tribute


I doubt the album will ever see the light of day.
PoshInMaine
Posts: 1705
Joined: 02 Aug 2011, 02:45
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs
Country: United_States
Location: Maine, USA

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby PoshInMaine » 19 Jun 2017, 14:40

menime123 wrote:
GZ10 wrote:iTunes:
#1 Peru
#3 Spain
#20 Italy
#25 Denmark
#25 Netherlands
#27 Greece
#49 New Zealand
#54 Australia
#64 Norway
#80 Ireland
#90 Russia
#102 France
#117 United Kingdom
#117 Indonesia
#139 Brazil
#152 Canada

Current iTunes positions



It's #21 on iTunes UK, not #117 :D



Wow! For her to be #21 on iTunes in the UK... that's pretty good isn't it?
User avatar
the boy is a vamp
Posts: 571
Joined: 18 Apr 2010, 11:51
Gender: Male
Custom Title: Melanicious
Country: Italy
Contact:

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby the boy is a vamp » 19 Jun 2017, 14:42

mmm I really don't like it. it's a nice song and for a great cause ok, it's a good thing to remember George and for Geri to express her feeling for this hard time, but not a single material. they left home a lot of potential singles in the last year and out of nowhere decided to release this.
I understand Geri, she lost someone she really loved. but I don't understand the label, this is a suicide.
most of people will not be interested in Geri (or everyone else) singing for George. and the song in some points sound poorly produced and recorded by an amatour. most of the cover on youtube are better recorded.
perfect as an album track, terrible as a single. (plus Geri + high notes = ouch! better than before but still so weak)
mIGU
Posts: 3399
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby mIGU » 19 Jun 2017, 14:43

21?!!??


DAMN!
not even in my wildest dreams I could POSSIBILY imagine being in 2017 and seeing a Spice related single albums in the TOP20 on itunes in the UK!
YES!
FiaSpice
Posts: 20628
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32
Gender: Female
Custom Title: Not immune
Country: Canada
Location: Montréal, Québec
Contact:

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby FiaSpice » 19 Jun 2017, 14:45

Yesterday, iTunes Canada had it at June 21, then this morning I saw it was available. I downloaded it. Well it's exactly what I thought the full thing would be. It's a little too "church-y" for me. IMO not her best single, but that for charity/George.
Image
menime123
Posts: 582
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 16:59

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby menime123 » 19 Jun 2017, 14:45

mIGU wrote:21?!!??


DAMN!
not even in my wildest dreams I could POSSIBILY imagine being in 2017 and seeing a Spice related single albums in the TOP20 on itunes in the UK!
YES!



#21 isn't top 20 :wave:
mIGU
Posts: 3399
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby mIGU » 19 Jun 2017, 14:46

PoshInMaine wrote:
pinkbecca12 wrote:an album is coming!!! thank God its not an EP, oh and a music video for Angels...
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... el-tribute


I doubt the album will ever see the light of day.



I truly think that if this song does well, we WILL get an album now that we know that there is a record label behind.
So let's really hope (whether we like the song or not) it does well so we can have an album soon.

I really think it all depends on this song's performance. If it charts well, then it will definitely give GERI the confidence boost she so badly needs it to put music again
But if this does what HALF OF ME DID - and in her own country, then we better give up
mIGU
Posts: 3399
Joined: 28 Jun 2004, 02:32

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby mIGU » 19 Jun 2017, 14:46

menime123 wrote:
mIGU wrote:21?!!??


DAMN!
not even in my wildest dreams I could POSSIBILY imagine being in 2017 and seeing a Spice related single albums in the TOP20 on itunes in the UK!
YES!



#21 isn't top 20 :wave:



C'mon, don't be a twat. It's 1 spot from entering the TOP20, you GOT very well what I meant and my whole point.
Bubble_Butt
Posts: 5309
Joined: 25 Sep 2004, 21:27
Gender: Male
Previous username(s): Irish_Eyes
Custom Title: OxyMORON
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby Bubble_Butt » 19 Jun 2017, 14:51

I really like it. I had goosebumps listening to it and remembering when she went to stay with him in 1998 after she left the girls and her meeting the Beckham's with him as her support. He was really there for her when she needed him.

The song is lovely. I would have preferred a longer middle 8 with more from George's backing vocalists (Pepsi & Shirley- who also provided backing voals on Bag It Up - I know, nearly every Geri fan will already know this, but it's sad that the last song they backed Geri on was an uptempo, camp disco song and now this to celebrate George). I preferred their melodies on this song, so nice.

I've got to say though, I'm much more of a fan when Geri does uptempo, brash songs. She seems to only want to do middle of the road, mid to slow tempo songs nowadays and her voice - although greatly improved (I prefer her husky voice on songs myself) - never sounds right on ballads to me. I feel like she's trying too hard to reach high notes, give emotion etc to sustain a ballad on her own.

I wont listen to it often but it's nice to have another song to add to my Geri playlist. I hope it makes a decent amount for Childline.
menime123
Posts: 582
Joined: 04 Mar 2007, 16:59

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby menime123 » 19 Jun 2017, 14:51

PoshInMaine wrote:
menime123 wrote:
GZ10 wrote:iTunes:
#1 Peru
#3 Spain
#20 Italy
#25 Denmark
#25 Netherlands
#27 Greece
#49 New Zealand
#54 Australia
#64 Norway
#80 Ireland
#90 Russia
#102 France
#117 United Kingdom
#117 Indonesia
#139 Brazil
#152 Canada

Current iTunes positions



It's #21 on iTunes UK, not #117 :D



Wow! For her to be #21 on iTunes in the UK... that's pretty good isn't it?


Yes and no. I'm old school so like that the iTunes chart is pure sales. But the UK chart is predominantly stream based now - Steps hit #1 on iTunes, charted at #7 on the pure sales chart (so the same chart as from their - and Geri's - heyday) but only got to #37 on the official chart. But they had a top 10 hit on a Like for like chart which is brilliant. That's how I plan to judge AIC - on a Like for Like chart.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests