4th Album Thread | Recording new songs

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Blond Pharaoh

Re: 4th Album Thread | Recording new songs

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 28 Apr 2017, 22:22

Is she going for a new direction now
StudioSpice
Custom Title: Cheeky Spice

Re: Shelved Albums Thread | Recording new songs

Postby StudioSpice » 28 Apr 2017, 22:23

Archie wrote:Image

I love seeing her man supporting her!! Christian is by her side :love:
I think she probably has enough money and support to keep recording music until she feels she's got the right collection of songs! I just wish she'd be confident enough to just put out what she has recorded already.. I bet we would have 2-3 albums already :)

Geri, we'll buy them, don't you worry :)
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 29 Apr 2017, 10:15

if we are lucky enough another whole album will leak in a while....
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 29 Apr 2017, 12:27

Fulvio84 wrote:if we are lucky enough another whole album will leak in a while....

This one I'll hope she will release please!!!
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 29 Apr 2017, 12:44

Fulvio84 wrote:if we are lucky enough another whole album will leak in a while....

I wouldn't count on it, considering Eliot Kennedy is no longer involved.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
GZ10

Postby GZ10 » 29 Apr 2017, 13:22

Bluebell looks so unimpressed in that photo lol, I love it. I'm so happy to see Geri happy and feeling great doing what she loves to do with people who support and love her too. I hope that the new material she is working on ends up being released eventually. I really loved the leaked album and often listen to some of the songs still (Man On The Mountain, Love & Light, Miracles, and Without Love). It's a shame we never got this in iTunes quality, but I'm still glad we got it at all if she didn't plan to release it.
Javi

Postby Javi » 29 Apr 2017, 18:40

Cal2008 wrote:Geri mentions in this article album will be out this side of summer
hopefully http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39216600
interview is to promote Geri BBC show.

That was a great interview. I'm surprised it went unnoticed.

Not only she said that hopefully the album is out, basically, in the next 2 months (something I doubt, but it's the first time we have a proper-ish date from her), but she also said that she wrote the album while she was pregnant, so we can only assume that all of Man On The Mountain will be scrapped. Which on one hand is a shame cause there are a few great songs and I'd love to have them in HQ, but on the other hand it means we'll have a full "5th album" instead.

If this album ends up released it will be weird to have 5 original Geri albums vs 6 original Melanie C albums, considering M is the one that has has a consistent music career.
GeriPopLover

Postby GeriPopLover » 29 Apr 2017, 19:12

I hope she goes back to producing Pop music, I'm not a fan of the folk/country route she took. Although, "Man on the Mountain" song was very good and very nicely written.
"Just because it's Pop, doesn't mean it has to be crap." - Geri Halliwell
Geri Halliwell Supporter!
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 29 Apr 2017, 21:54

Javi wrote: If this album ends up released it will be weird to have 5 original Geri albums vs 6 original Melanie C albums, considering M is the one that has has a consistent music career.

What does that even mean?
Has Geri ever toured? Can she even sing live one of her songs?
I love her and her first two albums and a couple of songs but Geri, at least in the past, she was into it for the fame not for the music. That's why she hasn't released any music in 12 years (bar half of me) because she wouldn't be able to chart.

That said, man on the mountain had some decent songs and hopefully her new music is even better.

But until she tours and actually sings live. Please no comparisons with Melanie C. No need.
Javi

Postby Javi » 30 Apr 2017, 12:56

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:
Javi wrote: If this album ends up released it will be weird to have 5 original Geri albums vs 6 original Melanie C albums, considering M is the one that has has a consistent music career.

What does that even mean?
Has Geri ever toured? Can she even sing live one of her songs?
I love her and her first two albums and a couple of songs but Geri, at least in the past, she was into it for the fame not for the music. That's why she hasn't released any music in 12 years (bar half of me) because she wouldn't be able to chart.

That said, man on the mountain had some decent songs and hopefully her new music is even better.

But until she tours and actually sings live. Please no comparisons with Melanie C. No need.

Javi

Postby Javi » 30 Apr 2017, 12:58

GeriPopLover wrote:I hope she goes back to producing Pop music, I'm not a fan of the folk/country route she took. Although, "Man on the Mountain" song was very good and very nicely written.

I wouldn't expect that much of a pop record. In that last interview she talks about how she's gone even further with her sound for these new sessions, so if MOTM was already quite folk-ish (while still pop), I assume the album she's recording now is going to be even more "mature".
rusty_nail

Postby rusty_nail » 30 Apr 2017, 15:49

Well. She said she wrote the majority of the album while pregnant. I hope "majority" means she'll still leave room for some of her other unreleased material.

I still find myself humming Love and Light and Man on the Mountain quite a bit. I really want her to retain those, Without Love, Deep Down and Humanity at least. Love and Light still sounds like a comeback single to me. If I'm being honest, I could probably live with stuff like I'm Older Now and If You Love Someone remaining on a shelf. And she's got so much original material at this point, it's time to ditch I've Got a Name.

But. I can't say I have much faith in any of this getting officially released this year...(or the next...or the next...or...)
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 30 Apr 2017, 18:40

I actually think I'm older now and if you love someone are my fave songs on the album alongside man on the mountain and love and light. I love Geri's ballads she really shines on them
Javi

Postby Javi » 30 Apr 2017, 21:50

rusty_nail wrote:Well. She said she wrote the majority of the album while pregnant. I hope "majority" means she'll still leave room for some of her other unreleased material.

I think she said majority because she has written and recorded stuff after giving birth, so she wasn't pregnant anymore. On another interview she said she couldn't use the other songs because they leaked (as if that meant now the whole words have heard them), so I doubt she'll use them. Not to mention that, for her, some of those songs are almost 4 years old... And considering she used to play them while baking she must be tired of them anyway.
Alberto!

Postby Alberto! » 01 May 2017, 01:51

New interview on Vanity Fair Italy: https://www.vanityfair.it/people/mondo/ ... vanityfair

When asked about solo projects she answers:
«I'm working on a project. Not a proper album, but a number of singles to be released individually».
Jer

Postby Jer » 01 May 2017, 04:11

Alberto! wrote:New interview on Vanity Fair Italy: https://www.vanityfair.it/people/mondo/ ... vanityfair

«I'm working on a project. Not a proper album, but a number of singles to be released individually».

How does that make sense? I get releasing a few singles to test the waters before an album, but to say there is no album in the works is rather strange and completely contrary to what she has stated in past interviews.
ep7210

Postby ep7210 » 01 May 2017, 08:08

Jer wrote:
Alberto! wrote:New interview on Vanity Fair Italy: https://www.vanityfair.it/people/mondo/ ... vanityfair

How does that make sense? I get releasing a few singles to test the waters before an album, but to say there is no album in the works is rather strange and completely contrary to what she has stated in past interviews.

I don't think it's her choice. After years of attempts, probably she tried to sell her original music to different record companies and received no interest, that's why she never released any of them. If now a company is only interested in releasing individual singles, that's what she will need to do...After all, music are released under a record company but not an artist...
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 01 May 2017, 13:20

ep7210 wrote:
Jer wrote:

I don't think it's her choice. After years of attempts, probably she tried to sell her original music to different record companies and received no interest, that's why she never released any of them. If now a company is only interested in releasing individual singles, that's what she will need to do...After all, music are released under a record company but not an artist...

It's really sad that someone who for many years held record for most U.K. #1s have to fight for her music to be released again, it makes her nearly a debutante again, like Dua Lipa let's say! First 10 singles and then the album.
GeriPopLover

Postby GeriPopLover » 01 May 2017, 14:18

The Spice Girls wrote:It's really sad that someone who for many years held record for most U.K. #1s have to fight for her music to be released again, it makes her nearly a debutante again, like Dua Lipa let's say! First 10 singles and then the album.

It's so sad and ridiculous!! She was one of the most popular acts and reduced now to such a level... I miss the old days. I miss & remember the "Ride It" days.
"Just because it's Pop, doesn't mean it has to be crap." - Geri Halliwell
Geri Halliwell Supporter!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 01 May 2017, 15:06

I'm not sure releasing individual singles would really work for her in this day and age where streaming messes up any chance of a high charting single unless your Ed Sheeran that is. These days the album is what's important but hey if we get a few new singles with videos and promo I'm not gonna complain as it's still something.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 01 May 2017, 16:43

schizophonic_spice wrote:I'm not sure releasing individual singles would really work for her in this day and age where streaming messes up any chance of a high charting single unless your Ed Sheeran that is. These days the album is what's important but hey if we get a few new singles with videos and promo I'm not gonna complain as it's still something.

Geri has alway been the most creative with her videos (even her worst videos are more creative than any other spice girl's) and maybe she is pulling a beyonce of shorts.

I don't agree with the others that say she can't get a deal. She can release them by herself she can defenatly get a deal or either online. My guess is she wants to release an album full of masterpieces and she doesn't consider all the songs she worked on perfect tens hence she is releasing the tens as singles
PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 01 May 2017, 17:12

I'm actually excited about this. I feel like she finally gets that this isn't the 90's anymore. It seemed like she was trying to craft the perfect "comeback album" to grab the success she had in 1999 and if she didn't feel she could achieve that, she'd scrap the album... too insecure to fail.

But times have changed. She will never get that kind of success again. She should release music for the sake of it. Lady Gaga was messing about it the studio, came up with her new single "The Cure" and just released it. It's not the beginning of an era ... she just liked it, threw it on iTunes as a standalone track and that's that. It went to number #39 on Billboard. For Lady Gaga, not the best but she doesn't care. SHE DOESN'T CARE. Just release music for the sake of it, Geri. You don't need the money and your past successes can't be taken away!
Javi

Postby Javi » 01 May 2017, 17:48

KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:Geri has alway been the most creative with her videos (even her worst videos are more creative than any other spice girl's) and maybe she is pulling a beyonce of shorts.

So according to you 'Calling' and 'Half Of Me' are better videos than 'Never Be The Same Again', 'Northern Star', 'Out Of Your Mind', 'Not Such An Innocent Girl', 'What Took You So Long?', 'Free Me', 'Maybe', 'I Want You Back', 'Word Up'...?

Sure, Jan.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 01 May 2017, 17:51

I think he meant those are better than some others, not specifically better than "Never Be ..." or "Out Of Your Mind"...

It's a matter of opinion of course but for me, for example, I prefer Calling or even "Half Of Me" to "Melt"... I prefer "Calling" to "If That Were Me"...
Archie
Previous username(s): Archie69

Postby Archie » 01 May 2017, 18:19

I've read an article that she signed a deal with people who worked with Dolly Parton, how can she fail if she's working with such people? We don't know nothing what will came out of this come back, we just know that she's recording and i'm sure she will release it this year! Hope so)))) In music industry everything is possible, she can release it and became super succesful again, but i prefer her to release and promote it for the sake of music and her fans. It's great if she will have succes, if not, who cares? A lot of artists releasing music and creating great things but not on top of the charts. Look at Sophie Ellis Bextor or Roisin Murphy, hardly a succes, but great artists.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”