'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
GeriPopLover

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby GeriPopLover » 09 Jul 2017, 00:54

The Spice Girls wrote:
schizophonic_spice wrote:
ep7210 wrote:so... is the whole campaign finished?

She is appearing on Larry King Now so she must have a US release planned.

http://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/article/2017/6/25/what-would-you-ask-the-great-geri-halliwell

I didn't know Rita Ora has her own tv channel now.

True or just being sarcastic? Very surprising to hear Geri being on Larry King Now in the U.S. Very happy to hear, would love a U.S. release! Exciting news to get right now.
"Just because it's Pop, doesn't mean it has to be crap." - Geri Halliwell
Geri Halliwell Supporter!
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 09 Jul 2017, 20:04

Guys, have u noticed how in quite a few interviews she's done for this single she said that George not only gave her a place to stay when she left the SG but also when she gave birth to Bluebell?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything?

She said: I didn't have a place to stay...

How can that be? What happened to her house? Was it made public that she had no place to stay or that she sold her house?
Tiiger

Postby Tiiger » 09 Jul 2017, 21:43

^ It's her wild fantasies, as usual. :death:
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

Postby *Babyboy* » 09 Jul 2017, 23:15

Because she was on tour and tax wise she was not alloud to return in UK.
She stayed in France in a George House.
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 10 Jul 2017, 00:12

PeruvianSpice wrote:Guys, have u noticed how in quite a few interviews she's done for this single she said that George not only gave her a place to stay when she left the SG but also when she gave birth to Bluebell?

I was wondering if anyone knew anything?

She said: I didn't have a place to stay...

How can that be? What happened to her house? Was it made public that she had no place to stay or that she sold her house?

She did live in one of his London houses - I think it was because she had moved back from LA when she was pregnant but didn't have a house in the UK yet. I'm pretty sure she she said the same thing in an interview way back when she had Bluebell.

Emma also said it in the most recent Heart interview that she visited her and Bluebell at George's house.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 10 Jul 2017, 05:06

But before she moved to LA, where she lived? She sold her previous house?
Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Jul 2017, 07:18

PeruvianSpice wrote:But before she moved to LA, where she lived? She sold her previous house?

Yes, she did. She put it on market in Summer of 2001:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/advice/propertymarket/3290391/What-you-really-really-want.html

And then sold it in Summer of 2002 possibly:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1404178/Ex-Spice-Girl-falls-out-of-love-with-dream-home.html
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 10 Jul 2017, 07:45

The Spice Girls wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:But before she moved to LA, where she lived? She sold her previous house?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/advice/propertymarket/3290391/What-you-really-really-want.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1404178/Ex-Spice-Girl-falls-out-of-love-with-dream-home.html

Thanksk for that!

I had no idea!!!

I remember Reading or watching somewhere that Geri bought this and was remodelling it... well, more like refactoring it
wally_br

Postby wally_br » 10 Jul 2017, 18:51

Something really small but..

Warner Brazil posted about Angels in Chains in their Facebook Page but it seems nobody saw it:
https://www.facebook.com/WarnerMusicBra ... 22/?type=3
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 10 Jul 2017, 20:13

PeruvianSpice wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

Thanksk for that!

I had no idea!!!

I remember Reading or watching somewhere that Geri bought this and was remodelling it... well, more like refactoring it

Geri sold the big mansion she bought while in the Spice Girls and had renovated, as seen in the first documentary by Molly Dineen. Apparently, during a party, someone uninvited got into her house. After this she didn't feel entirely safe, she also thought it was too big for her to live in alone, made her feel lonely and vulnerable.

I think she sold this in 2000 or 2001. After that she had a flat in Notting Hill, close to George Michael's. But she had a break in and she sold that place also, due to not feeling safe there anymore. This was perhaps late 2001 or 2002.

Then, as the Scream-era came to an end, she went to LA for rehab and treatment for her eating disorders.

She did spend lengthy time in the UK during 2002, being a judge on Popstars the Rivals (the program that created Girls Aloud), but I don't know if she owned a place in London during this period, as she went back to LA to work on All American Girl, shoot Fat Slags, etc in 2003.

She must have had a house in London when she started coming back to work on her third album, around early 2004, as she clearly was staying in a house while the There's Something About Geri-crew was shooting the documentary. If this was rented or not, I do not know.

Wasn't George Michael Bluebell's godfather? It would make sense seeing how close Geri and George were at this point, that she would stay with him. It doesn't mean that she didn't own her own place. Maybe she was looking to buy a new flat, in a child-friendly area also.
Thom
Previous username(s): THOM
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 10 Jul 2017, 21:12

Andreas wrote:Wasn't George Michael Bluebell's godfather?

I think Kenny was + Emma +Victoria.
...And They Have Escaped The Weight Of Darkness

http://youtu.be/oxRWqirflxk
Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Jul 2017, 21:16

Andreas wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:
The Spice Girls wrote:

Thanksk for that!

I had no idea!!!

Geri sold the big mansion she bought while in the Spice Girls and had renovated, as seen in the first documentary by Molly Dineen. Apparently, during a party, someone uninvited got into her house. After this she didn't feel entirely safe, she also thought it was too big for her to live in alone, made her feel lonely and vulnerable.

I think she sold this in 2000 or 2001. After that she had a flat in Notting Hill, close to George Michael's. But she had a break in and she sold that place also, due to not feeling safe there anymore. This was perhaps late 2001 or 2002.

Then, as the Scream-era came to an end, she went to LA for rehab and treatment for her eating disorders.

She did spend lengthy time in the UK during 2002, being a judge on Popstars the Rivals (the program that created Girls Aloud), but I don't know if she owned a place in London during this period, as she went back to LA to work on All American Girl, shoot Fat Slags, etc in 2003.

She must have had a house in London when she started coming back to work on her third album, around early 2004, as she clearly was staying in a house while the There's Something About Geri-crew was shooting the documentary. If this was rented or not, I do not know.

Wasn't George Michael Bluebell's godfather? It would make sense seeing how close Geri and George were at this point, that she would stay with him. It doesn't mean that she didn't own her own place. Maybe she was looking to buy a new flat, in a child-friendly area also.

From what I understood she was trying to sell that "Gone With The Wind" countryside mansion (she had refurbished in the first documentary) in both 2001 throughout 2002 - it wasn't the London flat but that huge villa.

And if am not wrong it was Kenny, George's partner who is Bluebell's godfather. However this year's reports stated it wrongly as George being that. (Victoria is godmother;)!).
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 10 Jul 2017, 21:25

Thanks for all the info!
Thom
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 10 Jul 2017, 21:44

i think she lived the longest in her farm house with the farmer...

Andreas

Postby Andreas » 10 Jul 2017, 22:28

The Spice Girls wrote:From what I understood she was trying to sell that "Gone With The Wind" countryside mansion (she had refurbished in the first documentary) in both 2001 throughout 2002 - it wasn't the London flat but that huge villa.

Oh, that makes sense. I was under the impression that it sold quite quickly but I'm probably wrong.

I do remember reading that she regretted selling the house and tried to buy it back - without luck. This was either while she was pregnant with Bluebell, or shortly after given birth. Maybe this is while she stayed with George, to see if she would be able to buy it back and to avoid buying another home she might not need?
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 11 Jul 2017, 00:06

Now she's' more in the country, right? (I mean, the "castle" was like on the outside)...
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 11 Jul 2017, 11:59

I have the impression that the estate she lives with her family is her main recidency (outside London), but she also has a place in the city (her house prior to marrying Christian, perhaps?) that she uses when it's convenient.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 13 Jul 2017, 18:30

She was promoting Angels in Chains again today on BBC Radio according to this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -song.html
Spicegirls120507

Postby Spicegirls120507 » 13 Jul 2017, 19:53

Geri recently said in her live instagram feed that she was sorry she hasn't released Angels in Chains in America yet. Do you think she's waiting till after her interview with Lary?
Thom
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 14 Jul 2017, 14:46

Spicegirls120507 wrote:Geri recently said in her live instagram feed that she was sorry she hasn't released Angels in Chains in America yet. Do you think she's waiting till after her interview with Lary?

do we know when this will be taped?

PoshInMaine
Previous username(s): BostonBeebs

Postby PoshInMaine » 14 Jul 2017, 15:20

Are there any pictures of the interior of her big "Gone With The Wind" mansion?
Thom
memyselfandspice

Postby Thom » 14 Jul 2017, 16:15

PoshInMaine wrote:Are there any pictures of the interior of her big "Gone With The Wind" mansion?

only footage in the Molly dineen Docu

Andreas

Postby Andreas » 14 Jul 2017, 17:03

Thom wrote:
PoshInMaine wrote:Are there any pictures of the interior of her big "Gone With The Wind" mansion?

Not really. She shot the red Schizophonic artwork in her dining room, you can see the garden and some of the interior in the Geri's World Walkabout. And she did some photoshoots there as well.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 14 Jul 2017, 18:17

Andreas wrote:
Thom wrote:

Not really. She shot the red Schizophonic artwork in her dining room, you can see the garden and some of the interior in the Geri's World Walkabout. And she did some photoshoots there as well.

Really? I had no idea!

Thanks for the info :hug:
Archie
Previous username(s): Archie69

Postby Archie » 15 Jul 2017, 09:14

Return to “Geri Halliwell”