A Girl Like Me disappeared from Itunes.

Suddenly the forum came, and then the fans came, and then the talking came, and all the drama came!
*Babyboy*
Previous username(s): babymen

A Girl Like Me disappeared from Itunes.

Postby *Babyboy* » 17 Jun 2017, 20:08

I just noticed that A Girl Like Me disappeared from Itunes.
Now we have just Life In Mono in full....
The Spice Girls

Re: A Girl Like Me disappeared from Itunes.

Postby The Spice Girls » 18 Jun 2017, 00:46

Omg, why's that? It's such a shame:/
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 18 Jun 2017, 08:17

It's been gone for a while unfortunately, I noticed this back in February viewtopic.php?p=4137423#p4137423 :(

I wonder why this is the case? All of the other solo albums released by Virgin are available. Seems odd that Free Me isn't available either considering Life In Mono is, and they were released on the same label.

All three albums are on Spotify at least. Also I checked Amazon and 7Digital and all three albums are available digitally there.
SpiceWonderland

Postby SpiceWonderland » 21 Jun 2017, 11:34

I actually wanna guess that releases are taken off iTunes after a decade by default unless the label renews the contract or something. That might also explain how Free Me was taken off years ago, yet it was the first one ever uploaded on there.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 21 Jun 2017, 13:46

SpiceWonderland wrote:I actually wanna guess that releases are taken off iTunes after a decade by default unless the label renews the contract or something. That might also explain how Free Me was taken off years ago, yet it was the first one ever uploaded on there.

Nope. When you upload content on iTunes you don't sign a X years contract. At least it doesn't work like that with books, so I don't think it's different with music or apps.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
SomeonesBaby

Postby SomeonesBaby » 22 Jun 2017, 21:01

Strange. And right before Boy Band premieres... Not that it will pull in millions & reach the top spot, but if people were interested enough to hear Emma's music, they'd more than likely go to iTunes and preview/DL it. Potential AGLM sales/listeners lost.

Even an official 'splash' page with social media links and links to buy each of her albums digitally would be a smart move, especially since she's going to be on a top US TV network for the next few months.

I guess things don't need to make sense! :)
The Spice Girls

Postby The Spice Girls » 23 Jun 2017, 01:59

SomeonesBaby wrote:Strange. And right before Boy Band premieres... Not that it will pull in millions & reach the top spot, but if people were interested enough to hear Emma's music, they'd more than likely go to iTunes and preview/DL it. Potential AGLM sales/listeners lost.

Even an official 'splash' page with social media links and links to buy each of her albums digitally would be a smart move, especially since she's going to be on a top US TV network for the next few months.

I guess things don't need to make sense! :)

Omg, you're right, didn't think of that, but it's very possible that after her appearances on US tv people will google Emma to check her music and am pretty sure it would boost sales few copies of both AGLM and FM, but because of the lack of those albums on there, it will be big phat ZERO;/

Return to “Emma Bunton”