Collections?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Becca
Mod
Custom Title: My Name is Green

Collections?

Postby Becca » 03 Nov 2008, 01:35

When I think of hobbies - I often think of things that people collect - Any collections by any of you? there are the obvious spice collectors! If you have pics, I wanna SEE em.

I collect sunglasses as of recently - because they're badass. I also have quite the DVD collection.
Anne Rackham
Previous username(s): Analicia/luckyxIII
Custom Title: living a Gypsy life

Re: Collections?

Postby Anne Rackham » 09 Nov 2008, 11:23

I collect hats. All kinds of hats!
Not sure why or how it started, but ive been at it for about 2 years or so and i have 20+ that I interchange regularly :D
Anne Cathrine
Custom Title: Im just a holy fool

Postby Anne Cathrine » 10 Nov 2008, 19:12

I collect DVDs, last I counted I had 200.
Nicola Louise
Custom Title: Penpaller

Postby Nicola Louise » 07 Dec 2008, 23:57

I collect all sorts of crap. Disney special edition DVDs, Spice girls shit, Stationary and pens, Lost trading cards, watches, autographs, i think thats it lol
Lyndsay
Custom Title: BroadwayLove

Postby Lyndsay » 13 Dec 2008, 16:15

I collect all my ticket stubs. :laugh:
It sounds nerdy, but it's cool to go back and look at them!
Nicola Louise

Postby Nicola Louise » 14 Dec 2008, 02:51

Lyndsay wrote:I collect all my ticket stubs. :laugh:

i would probably collect them too if i had been to more than 1 concert lol how many have you got?
[Ashley]
Custom Title: Mrs. Chase Utley

Postby [Ashley] » 14 Dec 2008, 05:10

I do that too. All my concert tickets/movie tickets/sporting events tickets
Lyndsay

Postby Lyndsay » 21 Dec 2008, 15:48

Nicola Louise wrote:

i would probably collect them too if i had been to more than 1 concert lol how many have you got?

hahah well 2 Spice Girls, 2 Natasha, the national tour of gymnastics, and silly things like that.
But also all my movie theater tickets.

I even collect like the subway pass and metro pass I used when I went to the Spice Girls, so I have EVERYTHING I used from those two days in a bag that is hanging on my wall UNTOUCHED thank God.
Nicola Louise

Postby Nicola Louise » 23 Dec 2008, 09:28

Lyndsay wrote:
Nicola Louise wrote:

hahah well 2 Spice Girls, 2 Natasha, the national tour of gymnastics, and silly things like that.
But also all my movie theater tickets.

I even collect like the subway pass and metro pass I used when I went to the Spice Girls, so I have EVERYTHING I used from those two days in a bag that is hanging on my wall UNTOUCHED thank God.

wow i bet thats interesting! Oh i forgot i collect champagne corks too from special occasions
acxspice

Postby acxspice » 24 Dec 2008, 16:33

I collect a lot of things : spice girls items, others artists cds, encyclopedia and geography books, sim city games, yugioh mangas, kid paddle books, Bernard Werber books.
I love to read and hear music :love:
Lyndsay

Postby Lyndsay » 24 Dec 2008, 21:45

I collect books too, I guess.
I read pretty fast, and if the book is interesting I can finish it in 2 days.
But I still buy it anyway instead of renting it from the library, it's just nice to have you know?
artziboi
Custom Title: Who owns the throne

Postby artziboi » 24 Dec 2008, 21:54

I Collect CDs overall from my favourite acts. Albums, vinyls, Singles, promos.

Also I tend to buy a tour shirt or two from everyone gig I attend. I have three from Spice Girls, Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna and Kylie shirt. Also, I want to keep the gig tickets from every gig and so I have all of them from Melanie C to Backstreet Boys. And I have this "memory box" that is full of things like movie- and London tube-tickets, letters and stuff that I want to keep as long as I live.
Matty

Postby Matty » 27 Dec 2008, 23:54

I collect a lot of Doctor Who merchandise such as the videos and DVDs. I have quite a lot of the collection and its constantly being added to. I also collect a lot of books as I love reading and always try and squeeze time to read whenever I can. I also collect DVDs in general from different genres.
[TJ]
Custom Title: Positivity

Postby [TJ] » 01 Jan 2009, 04:32

I collect Disney DVDs. I tried collecting the Spice singles/CDs, but it was too much money. I got a lot of them though.

And Harry Potter stuff. I have all the movie posters from movies 1-5, as well as a ton of other stuff like the action figures and Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans.
Lyndsay

Postby Lyndsay » 01 Jan 2009, 16:45

^YESSS!! HARRY POTTER!!! :love:
rockin__robyn
Custom Title: Robyn

Postby rockin__robyn » 02 Jan 2009, 07:39

I collect cds of all sorts, but mostly in terms of singles I have tons of spice girls ones (solo as well) and girls aloud ones. I also collect dvds (especially tv shows! love them!!), books, magazines, etc. I keep all the greeting cards that I receive so I suppose that is also a collection.
malaysuhr
Custom Title: Just a wee song.

Postby malaysuhr » 04 Jan 2009, 04:05

I collect ticket stubs as well such as my spice girls tickets, movie tickets, theme parks (disneyland/california adventures, Knott's berry farm, ect.), OC fair, seaworld, aqarium of the pacific, sports, plays, airports, subways, ect.

and I collect Disney DVDs.

I was collecting spice merchandise but it does get expensive so i'm fine with what I have now, I don't really care for more at the moment.

When I was younger I used to collect quarters that had each state on it. I almost had all 50 but I got bored of it. I never had the collecters thing that you could put them in either haha. I ended up using them for extra pocket money.
nicole dee

Postby nicole dee » 04 Jan 2009, 04:30

buddha statues. i have like, 15 or so as of right now. i love them!! i also had started a perfume collection but i got up to like, 7 and stopped
Lyndsay

Postby Lyndsay » 05 Jan 2009, 01:33

Meesa wrote:I collect ticket stubs as well such as my spice girls tickets, movie tickets, theme parks (disneyland/california adventures, Knott's berry farm, ect.), OC fair, seaworld, aqarium of the pacific, sports, plays, airports, subways, ect.

and I collect Disney DVDs.

I was collecting spice merchandise but it does get expensive so i'm fine with what I have now, I don't really care for more at the moment.

When I was younger I used to collect quarters that had each state on it. I almost had all 50 but I got bored of it. I never had the collecters thing that you could put them in either haha. I ended up using them for extra pocket money.

I tried doing the quarters thing, but I spent them all. :devil:
[Hannah]
Custom Title: ZigaZigAhh

Postby [Hannah] » 05 Jan 2009, 19:37

Ooo i put all my loose change, 1ps 2ps 5ps 10ps and that in one of them massive coke bottle things, and it's about half full at the moment and it's SO heavy!!
Foxy
Custom Title: Mrs.CandyVonEfron

Postby Foxy » 09 Jan 2009, 00:12

Meesa wrote:When I was younger I used to collect quarters that had each state on it.

Hehe, my grandma does that. :D

Um, what do I NOT save or collect? lol. I've collected something different since I've been born practically. When I was little it was porcelain dolls and beanie babies. :p I am QUITE grown out of those two, but I feel bad getting rid of them--some were gifts, you know? But now I have EVERY single concert ticket I've ever been to, starting August 25, 1998-December 2008 I've been to 50+ concerts. I also have every movie ticket from like 2000-now. I keep every note that was ever written to me, whether it be a tiny little post it put on the cupboard by my mom, to cards, to notes passed in grade school & high school. My favorite animals are piggies, and my bed in one of my bedrooms is COVERED w/ little piggie stuffed animals. I ALSOO collect Disney figurines and knick knacks of all sorts which also clutter my upstairs room. :dizzy: Oh, and autographs..particularly American Idol contestants' autographs since I've only met a handful of non-AI celebs. :$ And I have hundreds of cds & movies. I refuse to illegally download music, and I like having a cd I can HOLD in my hand, none of this itunes bullshit...so I have a lot of those too...

It's really beyond collecting @ this point, it's hoarding. :death: If Oprah ever has an episode about hardcore hoarders, my mom will force me to watch it. :oops:
What can I say? I'm sentimental. :think:

I have a lot of purses, shoes, & sunny glasses too...but idk if I think of them as a collection..just normal girl things to have. :D

I could maybe take a picture of my upstairs room (which is the one my mom will let me decorate ALMOST however I want) if I clean it up a bit...it's embarrassing right now..
Janabelle

Postby Janabelle » 12 Jan 2009, 00:35

Well I "collect" a lot of different things like any kind of ticket, books, especially cook books, DVDs and CDs but nothing actually special.
[abc]
Previous username(s): Fashion Freak
Lululu

Postby [abc] » 12 Jan 2009, 06:54

I have an INSANE collection of purses, Ill take a picture later. Ive pretty much bough a new purse once a month since I was 13, and Im 19 now..so you do the math.

I also keep my old dance costumes. my basement closet is literally a childs dress up heaven. Theres about 200 of them. All smushed into a closet.
Vitalina
Custom Title: Yes I CAN

Postby Vitalina » 14 Jan 2009, 17:49

I collect toy pigs. Have a vast collection spread across 2 countries - Norway, where I live, and Russia, where I come from.
Started to collect them since I was born in the year of pig, according to a chinese calendar :)
Tallulah Cruz

Postby Tallulah Cruz » 21 Jan 2009, 07:32

I'm a big Lucille Ball fan, so I have a collection of all her movies and all of the "I Love Lucy" series.

Return to “Small Talk”