MLS Thread

Talk about Becks here
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Re: MLS Thread

Postby Lah » 26 Jul 2009, 20:51

Stumps

Postby Stumps » 27 Jul 2009, 05:12

Wow this has become even messier than I thought it would be.
lynzi
Previous username(s): Glitter Girl
madison

Postby lynzi » 31 Jul 2009, 10:40

Beckham happy at Galaxy
(UKPA) – 58 minutes ago

David Beckham insists he is happy to continue playing for the Los Angeles Galaxy - and that he has the support of the people who matter at the Major League Soccer club.

The England midfielder clashed with a Galaxy fan just one week after an ugly confrontation with spectators during his first home game for the club after returning from a five-month loan spell in Italy with AC Milan.

However, he said: "When it happens sometimes it can become a distraction for me and the team. But the team have done well to deal with the situation and I've got the support of the players - that's the most important thing, to have the support of the team, owners and management."

He added: "I'm happy to be playing for this team and I'm enjoying it."

Meanwhile, the 34-year-old hopes a minor back injury will not prevent him playing in Saturday's exhibition match against Barcelona.

He added on Sky Sports News: "I've got a slight back pain but it's not a problem.

"I've done some work in the gym and unless I get a bad reaction, I think it'll be fine. Fingers crossed it'll be good."
*Sarah*

Postby *Sarah* » 31 Jul 2009, 21:25

How do you link youtube videos like that?
Stumps

Postby Stumps » 01 Aug 2009, 10:28

Does anyone actually buy that he's happy there now ?
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 01 Aug 2009, 10:35

Stumps wrote:Does anyone actually buy that he's happy there now ?

You can be happy somewhere but still want to move one day. His family are with him and it seems the differences with a few other players seems to be ironed out, so I don't see why he can't be happy.
Stumps

Postby Stumps » 01 Aug 2009, 10:42

I don't know, just all the stuff from what he said before and when in Milan makes me think that he's just lying.
lynzi
madison

Postby lynzi » 01 Aug 2009, 10:45

Stumps wrote:I don't know, just all the stuff from what he said before and when in Milan makes me think that he's just lying.

He can't be happy playing in a team of under achievers, and being verbally abused when he plays.

Victoria has no intention of moving again because she's happy there. I dont blame her one bit.
Whether David will be able to stand it for too long remains to be seen. I have serious doubts though.
*Sarah*

Postby *Sarah* » 01 Aug 2009, 12:05

Anyone seen this video.It does go on abit but keep watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0qk9UUBP0

And another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMsCcNS_Vgw
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 01 Aug 2009, 21:15

^ What a lovely atmosphere he's created around himself. It must feel awful to be there training and have a bunch of kids screaming abuse or whatever. Not like i got what they were saying, but i'm guessing it wasn't too nice. And what about that teenage guy wearing a t-shirt that read 'Posh was here' with an arrow pointing at his bits? Come on, you're not even 10, do you even have pubes yet? :p Not to mention the one who would LOVE to punch him right in the throat (or was it in the face?). CHARMING.

Anyway, he looks amazing.
Jade

Postby Jade » 01 Aug 2009, 21:22

*Sarah* wrote:Anyone seen this video.It does go on abit but keep watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg0qk9UUBP0

And another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMsCcNS_Vgw

Im not defending David but that bloke in the England shirt seems a complete twat.
Lennu

Postby Lennu » 01 Aug 2009, 21:33

And those thinks that they are football fans... :dizzy: They just bashing other team's player and not cheer their own team.. :rolleyes:
gugette

Postby gugette » 02 Aug 2009, 05:08

David's got the black band for Robson.
Stumps

Postby Stumps » 02 Aug 2009, 05:10

He can't be happy playing in a team of under achievers, and being verbally abused when he plays.

True that but he hasn't helped matter by sprouting off crap and then confronting fans.
gugette

Postby gugette » 02 Aug 2009, 05:20

uh oh, 1-0 already. This could be ugly.
Stumps

Postby Stumps » 02 Aug 2009, 05:32

I even forgot there was a match today LOL.
gugette

Postby gugette » 02 Aug 2009, 05:55

1-1 David
K8-84

Postby K8-84 » 02 Aug 2009, 06:00

Wot a brilliant freekick!! Amazing Beckham! :)
gugette

Postby gugette » 02 Aug 2009, 07:03

1-2ft. Boring game but it was worth it just to see David and Titi together at the end :) .
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 02 Aug 2009, 07:28

A record 93,000 people watched the match. I am glad it was David who was the one that scored for LAG.
lynzi
madison

Postby lynzi » 02 Aug 2009, 09:26

Brilliant free kick.

I guess the black armband was for Bobby Robson?
lynzi
madison

Postby lynzi » 02 Aug 2009, 09:30

David Beckham Hopes Trademark Goal Wins Over LA Galaxy Fans
The Englishman's swirling strike was well received by the home support last night...

2 Aug 2009 07:39:25

Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder David Beckham hopes that his goal against Barcelona in last night's friendly match has won over sections of the crowd delivering him a hostile reception.

The Galaxy lost the game 2-1 thanks to goals from Pedro and Jeffren, but Beckham had pulled his side level with a trademark 30-yard free kick.

The strike was greeted with rapturous applause by home fans, and while the England international would welcome a change in attitude towards him, he is not holding his breath.

"Who knows - if I did, then great," Beckham told reporters after the game.

"If I didn't it's not going to bother me. I'll carry on enjoying myself."

Beckham was pleased with the Galaxy's performance in the game against the Champions League winners, for whom he was full of praise.

He added, "I think for 65 minutes we played some really good soccer.

"[Barcelona are] European champions and I'm sure they'll be world champions. They're incredible."
lynzi
madison

Postby lynzi » 02 Aug 2009, 09:59

lynzi
madison

Postby lynzi » 02 Aug 2009, 10:01

Beckham ready to turn other cheek to abusive fans
By Greg Heakes (AFP) – 27 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES — David Beckham says after two clashes with abusive football fans just days apart, he's ready to turn the other cheek and walk away if it happens again.

"He insulted my wife," Beckham said of a spectator at recent MLS game in Kansas City. "If you insult my family members I am going to stick up for my wife and family.

"But if it happens again I wouldn't even look at him. It is not worth the time and energy."

Beckham was speaking following the Galaxy's 2-1 international friendly loss to FC Barcelona in front of a crowd of 93,137 at the Rose Bowl stadium. It was the largest crowd to watch a football match in America in 15 years since the United States hosted the World Cup.

The booing of Beckham by Los Angeles Galaxy fans continued at Saturday's match as large sections of the sold out crowd jeered him from the opening introduction.

They continued in the second half despite his strong play and Beckham having scored the lone goal for the Galaxy against the Spanish powerhouse Barcelona.

Beckham has incurred the wrath of Galaxy fans who feel he is overpaid and don't like his sidetrips to Europe to play for other teams.

Beckham downplayed the booing on Saturday, saying just a small percentage of the fans at the Rose Bowl were making most of the noise.

Still it was enough to cause MLS commissioner Don Garber to feel the need to speak out in his defence.

"It has got to be an emotional time for David," said Garber, who fined Beckham 1,000 dollars for the first incident with fans. "The opposite of love is not hate. It is indifference.

"I don't support the way they (Galaxy fans) have treated him. We need to start to put all this behind us."

Said Beckham, "Quite a few are still reacting the way they react. But out of 93,000 people you have 95 or 97 percent who are incredible. Then you have the odd minority but that is life."

Beckham's goal on a free kick just before half pulled the Galaxy even at 1-1.

"I hit the sweet spot. When you know it is going in, it's a good feeling," Beckham said.

The boos continued in the second half but by then the pro-Beckham side at the Rose Bowl had started to make their voices heard. Beckham came out of the game in 87th minute to mixture of boos and cheers.

Despite the run ins with American fans and the difficulty of travelling back and forth between continents, Beckham said Saturday he would return to the Galaxy for another season.

"I am contracted to the Galaxy and the MLS and I will be here next year," he said.

This is not the first time Beckham had drawn the wrath of football fans. After England's 1998 World Cup elimination game, he was blasted after receiving a red card in the second round loss to Argentina.

"Back in 1998 it was 100 times worse and it affected me 100 times worse. This is nothing," Beckham said.
lynzi
madison

Postby lynzi » 02 Aug 2009, 10:42

Barcelona's Thierry Henry Hails 'Amazing' American Crowd
The Frenchman was pleased to see a packed crowd at the Rose Bowl, and cannot wait to play alongside 'Ibra'...
02-Aug-2009 1:05:55 PM

Thierry Henry has revealed he was amazed by the size of the crowd turning out to see his club take on the Los Angeles Galaxy on Saturday night.

The European and Spanish Primera League champions beat the Galaxy 2-1 at the Rose Bowl in front of a packed house of around 92,000 spectators.

Henry hailed fans attending the game, but was saddened by the reaction of some attendees to Galaxy midfielder David Beckham, who scored with a sensational free-kick.

"It's amazing to see a crowd like that especially in America," Henry told reporters on the pitch after the game.

"They were tremendous.

"The Galaxy gave us a great game and Becks scored a great free-kick.

"It was disappointing to hear the boos."

Return to “David Beckham”