Collections?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
foreverspicefan96
Custom Title: foreverspice

Re: Collections?

Postby foreverspicefan96 » 25 Apr 2009, 23:00

When I was little i used to colleceted baseball , soccer , football , basketball , hockey , and role playing cards and porcelain dolls and beanie babies plus pogs.

i still own all the above some what as the porcelain dolls came from my mom and im never going get rid them i know im too old for them that why they in a box put away, and beanie babies i am so sick them and too old for them but i so need to get rid them one day,

i still collected spice girls stuff , articls , so on ect.
baseball caps , dvd's , celebarty autograhaps , movies and concert ticket stubs , post card from all over the place , and note i have collected that came from my friend over the years. and cards like birthdays so on ect
MegSpice

Postby MegSpice » 06 May 2009, 18:57

when I was little I used to collect buttons (the pin ones, not ones for shirts :p) and rocks i think...

now I collect Spice Girls stuff...whatever I have from when I was younger, plus anything I find at thrift stores/garage sales, or what friends give me that they have lying around at home :D
and also Harry Potter stuff- though I don't go out and buy all the toys and things anymore.

And my biggest/favourite collection is postcards! I've been collecting them probably since I was 10 or 11, can't remember. :love:
Image Image Image
Angel inc

Postby Angel inc » 15 Jun 2009, 06:29

I use to collect autographs, I have around 100 but sadly they sit in a cupboard, too many to hang and now it looks like a waste of money. I have however proudly hung my Orlando Bloom one.
Janabelle

Postby Janabelle » 29 Jun 2009, 11:33

oh I forgot that, I used to collect autographs as well. I have loads, I don't even know how many. nowadays I only try to get the ones of people I really, really like.
Ryan Matthew
Custom Title: Keep It POSH

Postby Ryan Matthew » 08 Aug 2009, 20:34

I collect antique 'Oz Books.' Most are unaware that after The Wizard of Oz was written there was an entire series that followed. After the original author died, his family hired another author to continue and she wrote a bunch more, and this continued for many years after. There are now TONS of Oz related books, some considered official and some not based on who wrote them. But they are sometimes rare and hard to find and can be worth a lot of money cause they are so old. Check out this website for some more info...I would DIE to have this guy's collection!

www.rareozbooks.com
Official Spiceworld
Custom Title: Spice Girls Net

Postby Official Spiceworld » 20 Sep 2009, 22:58

I collect boxsets. All tv series, boxsets are complete collections or ones that are still on tv..I have....

Friends
Desperate Housewives
Kath and Kim
Footballers Wives
Waterloo Road
Bad Girls
Hope Springs
Catherine Tate
Little Britain
Ugly Betty
The Vicar of Dibely
Dinnerladies
Birds of a Feather
The Royle Family
Afterlife
ER
Prison Break
Sex and The City (But it's my Mum's)
spicenug

Postby spicenug » 26 Sep 2009, 00:22

I collect a lot of music personally as well as dvds particularly Liverpool f.c. dvds :)
Fluorescence

Postby Fluorescence » 14 Oct 2009, 11:13

Collecting is one of my main thrills in life! Consequently, I have a lot of collections and severely need an intervention.

I collect physical CDs, and have done for a little over a year. I've got a little over 100 individual pieces. I also collect MP3s.

I collect merchandise from my favourite musical artists: Spice Girls/Melanie C, No Doubt/Gwen Stefani, and P!nk are indisputably my all-time favourites. I genuinely enjoy collecting as much of their stuff as I can get my hands on.

Also, empty perfume bottles, Jim Henson's 'Muppets' paraphernalia, belt buckles, etc. I only collect these on a limited basis, though.

Hahaha, I've actually stopped collecting a lot of things: Furby's, Pokemon cards, Japanese art/antiques/stationery/gadgets/etc.

Basically, I've had collections for as long as I can remember... And probably always will.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 17 Oct 2009, 09:18

My main collection is Coca-Cola merchandise. I have quite a bit now: Glass bottles, dinnerware, silverware, salt & pepper shakers, party set, trays, wall signs and pictures, clocks, calendars, tins, lunch box, napkin/straw despensers, condiment holders, coasters, cookie jars, novelty lamps, pillows, towels, bathroom decor, a fountain, a mini-fridge, buckets... I could actually go on and on. My kitchen is largely decorated in Coca-Cola merchandise, and when I'm able to live on my own, I intend to make my kitchen look like a 50's style diner with Coca-Cola merchandise. I'm very excited for that! But the Coca-Cola store in Las Vegas is where I could easily blow $1,000,000. It probably would only take me about 30 minutes to do it, as well.

I also try to collect some CDs. Mostly of Britney Spears, Spice Girls and Melanie C, though my collections are nothing to shake a stick at.
FallenIdentity
Custom Title: Spice Fan Forever

Postby FallenIdentity » 02 Dec 2009, 18:06

Oo, I love this topic. :D I love to collect things! I get so obsessive....

I currently collect:

1. Spice Girls (spend most of my time and money on)

2. Rogue from the X-Men items (comics with her in it, statues, action figures, anything really. This is my second main obsession)

3. Xena action figures / other. I had always loved Xena, but this isn't one of my "obsessive I need everything" collections, except that I want all of the action figures (my original ones were sadly destroyed, so I have to collec them again! >.<)

3. Lady Gaga CDs (my newest obsession, which I'm trying REALLY hard not to go overboard with, like the Spice. :p)

4. Hugh Jackman DVDs. Because I loves him. :love: :p

That's all I can think of for now. :)

I used to collect Buffy action figures and props, but now I'm selling off almost my entire collection, due to space and finances. :'( It was REALLY hard at first, to sell them off, but now it's gotten a bit easier. :p It's the same thing with comic books - I would collect SO many series, but now I concentrate soley on titles that Rogue is in. :)

I would love to see pics of your guys collections! I know it's hard to do, especially if it's all over the place. That's why I don't have pics up yet, haha.
Sig & avatar made by Alastair by request. Thanks so much! :lovers:
Bentedos

Postby Bentedos » 14 Sep 2010, 08:28

I collect One Piece videos, toys, posters etc.

I love One piece because they are awesome and powerful.

They are only few on their team but their power is like a millions of Navy Battalion.

They are fearless but friendly.

Cheers one peace :hunny:
Madrigal
Custom Title: Sheerio

Postby Madrigal » 10 Oct 2010, 10:12

Hanson merchandise, vinyl, old books, CDs, DVDs, etc.
krtkkarphillmuk

Postby krtkkarphillmuk » 15 Nov 2010, 08:26

The 'germ-a-phobe' in me doesn't like to wear 'used gear' when I do activities with friends. So I realized I have a collection of head protection devices (which I use for multiple things)...

ATV-ing or more recently I've used it for go-kart racing:

I've used this more for caving/spelunking. Haven't used it for climbing in a loooong time:

In the event of a zombie apocalypse:

heee...

recently I did actually invest in a movie prop/merchandise (which I've never done before)... but I don't wear it around the house...... OR DO I?! ;)
Lorraine
Custom Title: Old Hollywood Spice

Postby Lorraine » 24 Jan 2011, 21:06

Marilyn Monroe memorabilia.

If anyone is remotely interested in seeing my collection, just click on the Marilyn link in my sig :)
xxx
Katie Spice
Custom Title: FAME HOOKER

Postby Katie Spice » 06 Feb 2011, 22:04

Lorraine wrote:Marilyn Monroe memorabilia.

If anyone is remotely interested in seeing my collection, just click on the Marilyn link in my sig :)
xxx

I see Geraldine in your magazine rack!!! :D
Lorraine

Postby Lorraine » 12 Mar 2011, 00:13

Katie Spice wrote:
Lorraine wrote:Marilyn Monroe memorabilia.

xxx

I see Geraldine in your magazine rack!!! :D

Believe it or not, that was purely coincidence! :love:
xxx
Madrigal
Custom Title: Sheerio

Postby Madrigal » 08 Apr 2011, 22:05

I've recently started collecting make up! I lurve it. <3
Hungy
Admin
Custom Title: DDs resident biatch

Postby Hungy » 15 Apr 2011, 18:39

I collected hockey cards when I was younger. I miss the days when hockey cards were packaged with bubble gum and so your cards had that powdery feel to it.

I have a massive G1 Transformers collection which is worth a lot of money, but I still enjoy them.
I'm on facebook now, just search for my name in the Calgary, AB network.
I'm the person in the orange Tigger hat in the picture below:
breezyspice
Mod
Custom Title: Breezy

Postby breezyspice » 18 Apr 2011, 04:05

Well, I still upkeep my Spice/Solo Spice collections as much as I can, although nowadays its usually just a magazine here and there.

I have a pretty good DVD collection going. I guess I like collecting books too. I dream of a room in my house devoted to being a library/study like Beauty and the Beast, haha! (And a theatre room too...)

I collect a magazine series called Cereal:geek

I used to collect Lord of the Rings stuff when the trilogy was in its prime but not so much anymore, although I'm getting hella excited for The Hobbit!

I guess other than that, I collect orange things. I love the color orange. And I enjoy a variety of things that are orange! lol :inlove:
pcdfan1
Banned
Custom Title: Banned

Postby pcdfan1 » 18 Apr 2011, 04:20

I collect:

BRITNEY SPEARS STUFF
WIZARD OF OZ STUFF
CONCERT TOUR MERCH. AND BOOKS
CELEBRITY DOLLS
Mr Burgie
Custom Title: Spice Doll Hoarder

Postby Mr Burgie » 02 May 2011, 19:37

Well besides all my Spice stuff. I collect all kinds of toys,dolls,action figures anything from the 80`s.

Josie & The Pussycats is one of my favorite movies

I have also started collecting Littlest Pet Shop toys I like taking pictures of them lol

Monster High

Lorraine

Postby Lorraine » 27 May 2011, 19:57

Mr Burgie wrote:Well besides all my Spice stuff. I collect all kinds of toys,dolls,action figures anything from the 80`s.

Josie & The Pussycats is one of my favorite movies

I have also started collecting Littlest Pet Shop toys I like taking pictures of them lol

Monster High

MARRY ME.
Mr Burgie
Custom Title: Spice Doll Hoarder

Postby Mr Burgie » 27 May 2011, 22:45

LOL alright I also cook and clean and I don`t cheat. So if you have enough room for me and my crap hahah. :laugh:
Terter

Postby Terter » 04 Jun 2011, 03:23

I bought these knock offs for Adam from a local flea market.

Knock Off Spice Girls by a_birds_eye_video, on Flickr
Knock Off Spice Girls by a_birds_eye_video, on Flickr

Back of box by a_birds_eye_video, on Flickr

The girls will be playing an acoustic set by a_birds_eye_video, on Flickr
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 21 Dec 2011, 21:36

I'm bumping this older thread (I'm at work and we're burnig DVD all day, I'm bored)

I collect Spice Girls/Solo stuff (I'm not the one that collects the same CD from diferent country, unless there's a diference or it's a Canadian release)
I also have collection that dates back to childhood that I still have but don't upgrade anymore: pencils, sea shell, rocks and erasers. I dohowever still collect postcard and keychains

Return to “Small Talk”