Girls Aloud

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
schizophonic_spice

Re: Girls Aloud - Group Topic (while they're on hiatus!)

Postby schizophonic_spice » 15 Feb 2012, 20:43

Jay wrote:Wasn't sure where to write this, but anyway - Kimberley says she has no plans to ever release a solo album.

Thats a pity and rather sad if that awful Aggro Santos song is her only ever solo release!
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Re: 2012: The Return of Girls Aloud

Postby mysterious » 21 Feb 2012, 21:55

is that for real?
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 22 Feb 2012, 02:06

schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 22 Feb 2012, 14:52

Strange
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 23 Feb 2012, 03:09

I'm so excited for this =]

Just to think, if they only took one year off after 2009, We could possibly be onto the third album since the break =p

Hope the girls release something like Chemistry again, that for me is the best album, however not too keen on the album art. :dee:
Mandarke

Postby Mandarke » 04 Mar 2012, 10:33

Nadine has confirmed GA reunion! from deanpiper.com

Girls Aloud’s lead singer Nadine Coyle has lifted the lid on the band’s reunion tour and tells me we can definitely expect a tour at the start of 2013 and there WILL also be new music.
The star confessed all to me at Sir Elton John’s AIDS Foundation Oscar Viewing party in LA and says fans will not have long to wait before things start getting going. Nadine revealed: “It’s time to come back. At the end of the year it would have been ten years and it feels like the right time to regroup.
“I know everyone’s been speculating about what we will do. It will be arena dates at the start of next year and we will have new music to go with it.
“One or two singles I would think. It depends on how well it goes with the tour announcement. If things work well, there’s enough demand and we’re all in the same head space as a band then who knows what could happen.
“I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the girls. It’s been a long time since we’ve all been in the same room together.”
Despite the other ladies – Cheryl Cole, Sarah Harding, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts – being in constant touch it still seems there’s very little communication between Nadine and the girls. But she was quick to reveal there’s no bad blood between them.
“I’ve been really worried about Sarah and I’m glad to see she’s getting better,” Nadine added. “But the truth is there’s no big problem with me and the girls. I’ve been living here and not been home much and I have a life here now.
“I’m thrilled Kimberley’s doing well on the West End and Cheryl and Nicola are working hard on their music.
“Everyone was so keen to put Cheryl and me against each other – but we just weren’t enemies. We are very different people musically, that’s all.”
Nadine also went on to add she wasn’t worried about her Tesco deal and debut solo album which subsequently flopped in the charts. “Releasing my music was never about chart positions,” she added. “I went with Tesco because I wanted to be in control and I’m proud of what I achieved. Cheryl was always going to do far better chart wise – she was on X Factor to begin with. I’ve spent six years in LA now – maybe I needed to be in the UK more.”
The star still sounds like she’s having trouble letting go of her ex-fiance, American football star Jason Bell. She told me: “Jason is still a part of my life and it has been a tricky one to let go of. We speak all the time and ultimately I guess it’s just complicated with us.”
It’s good to see Nadine so well, positive and full of life. Now, hurry up and get in the same room as these girls and let the celebrations begin!
SpiceFan2008
Custom Title: I JUST WANNA DANCE

Postby SpiceFan2008 » 04 Mar 2012, 13:38

Oh
My
God

I'm so excited!
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 04 Mar 2012, 13:46

:love:

I'm very excited now, I can't wait for them to come back!
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 04 Mar 2012, 13:49

Nice to see Nadine so enthusiastic about it.

Seems its gonna be 2013 then not this year though the tour dates will probaly be announced this year.

With her only saying one or two singles I assume she means another greatest hits and not another studio album?
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 04 Mar 2012, 15:42

I'd imagine so, she doesn't seem to suggest a whole new album. Her referencing an entire album might fall under this statement: "If things work well, there’s enough demand and we’re all in the same head space as a band then who knows what could happen."

My guess is that the ball will start rolling towards the end of 2012 - i.e. by the time 30th November rolls around. 30/11 happens to be a Friday, when tickets generally go on sale fully. Maybe... :love:
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 04 Mar 2012, 21:10

Jay wrote:My guess is that the ball will start rolling towards the end of 2012 - i.e. by the time 30th November rolls around. 30/11 happens to be a Friday, when tickets generally go on sale fully. Maybe... :love:

haha as in 10 years to the day since they formed.

I always suspected a 6th Girls Album studio album would be unlikely to materialise despite them signing that 3 album deal in 2009.

Atomic Kitten are also reuniting btw I wonder which reunion will be more successful? :p
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 05 Mar 2012, 01:33

Ooh! I would presume Girls Aloud's, but nice to hear AK are getting back together!
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 05 Mar 2012, 16:03

Im seeing a repackaged GH for the end of 2012 ("we will have new music to go with it." "One or two singles I would think.")
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 05 Mar 2012, 17:40

Yeah, I guess it will be one new single + greatest hits album + tour/2nd single + bye bye.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 05 Mar 2012, 18:01

One new single + greatest hits album + tour/2nd single + back together for many more years encompassing numerous tours, albums & singles like Take That :$
mysterious
Custom Title: lets go eskimo

Postby mysterious » 05 Mar 2012, 19:25

Jay wrote:One new single + greatest hits album + tour/2nd single + back together for many more years encompassing numerous tours, albums & singles like Take That :$

That's what I assume from the Nadine's quotes. They'll release a GH with 2 more singles basically to celebrate their 10 years properly and test the waters commercially and between them girls. if things work out well, they may well continue releasing music and albums as Take That did. I'm glad that she's open to a full reunion with the girls, that's all I wanted to hear from her.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 05 Mar 2012, 19:29

Interesting! I genuinely never saw this coming to fruition.
addicted2you

Postby addicted2you » 15 Mar 2012, 02:20

Brian Higgins has had like 3 years now to come up with some good tunes, so if he is on board this time around, he better do something amazing. I loved Out Of Control but I thought it was just lacking something. I don't see why they won't use Brian for any upcoming releases coz Girls Aloud have always been with Xeno from day one.

And I hope Cheryl realises that Wil.I.Am is NOT a member of Girls Aloud and won't try to squeeze him into a few tracks.

Oh and poor Kimberley, shes one of the leads of her current project but will probably be shoved to the GA background again
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 15 Mar 2012, 08:15

I think it'd be illogical for them not to work with Xenomania again since nearly all their back catelogue was done with Xenomania and I want them to work together to make some amazing new songs and NO WILL.I.AM!
Tiger

Postby Tiger » 15 Mar 2012, 12:08

addicted2you wrote:Brian Higgins has had like 3 years now to come up with some good tunes, so if he is on board this time around, he better do something amazing.

And I hope Cheryl realises that Wil.I.Am is NOT a member of Girls Aloud and won't try to squeeze him into a few tracks.

Totally agree with the Will.I.Am comment, he should be given a restraining order from the GA recording studio!

I wonder if they do go back to Xeno they'll be getting tracks in a similar vein to All Fired Up / Get Ready Get Set?
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 15 Mar 2012, 15:10

Tiger wrote:I wonder if they do go back to Xeno they'll be getting tracks in a similar vein to All Fired Up / Get Ready Get Set?

I hope so :love:

Will also be interesting to see if Nadine once again dominates on lead vocals or if Cheryl gets more of a front seat.
Tiger

Postby Tiger » 15 Mar 2012, 15:20

schizophonic_spice wrote:
Tiger wrote:I wonder if they do go back to Xeno they'll be getting tracks in a similar vein to All Fired Up / Get Ready Get Set?

I hope so :love:

Will also be interesting to see if Nadine once again dominates on lead vocals or if Cheryl gets more of a front seat.

I saw Out Of Control as the album with the lyrics most even distributed, so more that line would work great in my eyes!

No doubt who'll get the spotlight in the video/s though .....
Paul!
Custom Title: 18...13...9..5..2.0

Postby Paul! » 15 Mar 2012, 16:20

Of course.

Spoiler: show
The one and only
ImageImageImage
She'd be like
Then comes Queen Chezza
ImageImage
and steals the spotlight