Emma Bunton - Life As I Know It (Interview for S magazine)

Suddenly the forum came, and then the fans came, and then the talking came, and all the drama came!
TheBiatches

Emma Bunton - Life As I Know It (Interview for S magazine)

Postby TheBiatches » 06 Mar 2012, 23:01

FORMER Baby Spice Emma Bunton, 36, lives in north London with her partner Jade Jones and their sons Beau, four and 10-month old Tate.

Not a lot of people know this but I’m very good at... karate. I’m a brown belt and my mum is a black belt. She taught me for a little while and I really enjoy it. It’s great exercise and it’s nice to know you can floor people.

My best friend is... definitely my mum. I speak to her all the time. I cry with her, I tell her as soon as I hear news, she’s the first one I speak to. I probably speak to her twice a day every day.

The bravest thing I’ve ever done is... getting back on stage with the Spice Girls for the reunion tour just two months after having Beau. I wasn’t really prepared but the girls were so supportive. A picture of me and Beau used to come up on to the big screen when we performed the song, Mama, and the whole crowd used to go, “Ahhhh,” which was lovely.

My nickname is... still, Baby.

My ideal evening is... a good night in – a movie, a good meal or just having friends over. I love entertaining.

I’d like to say sorry to... I can’t think of one right now but I’ve not lived a life of constant virtue so I’m sure there’re a few people I need to say sorry to.

My first kiss was... I don’t remember his name but I do remember we had a slow dance to Janet Jackson’s Let’s Wait a While. It was at a friend’s school disco and I remember him being a sweet boy, with a very pretty face and he was always very nice with all the girls, probably a bit of a smoothie. We just danced for ages.

The thing I’d most like to change about myself is... to be a bit more laid-back and take things a bit easier. I’m always rushing about – I’m like, “Hurry up, let’s get in the car, we’ve got to go and do this and do that.”

If I can, I always try to avoid... the M25. Enough said!

It’s not good for my image but I like... Eggheads – the TV show where a team of quiz champions are pitched against a team of five challengers. Me, Jade and Mum sit there with a cup of tea before Beau gets home from school and Tate is having a nap – it’s our daily routine.

If I could pass any law it would be... that you could park anywhere. And I’d abolish the congestion charge. I’m always getting tickets.

I drive... an Audi Q7. It’s a great big family car, which we need now. I’d love an Aston though.

The most expensive thing I’ve ever splashed out on was... a jacket by Dolce & Gabbana. Early on during the Spice Girls I saw this jacket. I really wanted it but it was incredibly expensive – about £900 even then. So I kept going in and out of the shop, then I went for lunch, came back and finally I thought, “I’m going to have it”. I felt really guilty afterwards but, 15 years later, I’m still wearing it, so in the end it turned out to be good value.

My perfect Sunday is... a Sunday roast at the local pub, then watching some TV or taking the kids to the park. A really easy, simple day.

My favourite place in Britain is... London. I love the parks, I love the views, I love shopping. I’m definitely a real London girl.

What book are you currently reading... Scar Tissue by Anthony Keidis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I met him years ago and he’s such a sweetheart. He came to one of our shows – I think he’s a bit of a closet fan.

The best day of my life was... giving birth to my children. They were both special days but I think I was more nervous second time around because I knew what was going to happen.

Emma’s baby and children’s wear range is at Argos. For more details, see http://www.argos.co.uk
Andrew

Re: Emma Bunton - Life As I Know It (Interview for S magazin

Postby Andrew » 06 Mar 2012, 23:32

Thanks for the interview, guys!

Funny how little she changed - if it weren't for the babies talk, it would seem like this is an interview from 1997 or something. :)
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Postby Lah » 06 Mar 2012, 23:34

Aww lovely! thanks for posting!!
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 06 Mar 2012, 23:39

Andrew wrote:Thanks for the interview, guys!

Funny how little she changed - if it weren't for the babies talk, it would seem like this is an interview from 1997 or something. :)

I agree. And that's one of the reasons why I like her as much as I do, she hasn't changed much, while I feel some of the other girls are barely recognizable nowadays.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 07 Mar 2012, 02:03

I love how a little known thing about her was the karate thing, she must have mentioned being a brown belt tons of times while she was in Spice Girls - during Mama promo I remember her saying her mother was a karate teacher several times, in the Girl Power book she talks about it, pretty sure it was in Real Life Real Spice and also one the of Spice magazines and in Spiceworld The Movie she has the karate moment because of this... I'm sure more people know than she realises (or did and have forgotten lol)
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 07 Mar 2012, 03:56

what a lovely interview :D thank u
xapmof

Postby xapmof » 07 Mar 2012, 08:56

spicefreak wrote:I love how a little known thing about her was the karate thing, she must have mentioned being a brown belt tons of times while she was in Spice Girls - during Mama promo I remember her saying her mother was a karate teacher several times, in the Girl Power book she talks about it, pretty sure it was in Real Life Real Spice and also one the of Spice magazines and in Spiceworld The Movie she has the karate moment because of this... I'm sure more people know than she realises (or did and have forgotten lol)

hehe yeah I kind of thought that too. we get it now Emma, you'd win an all out Spice Girls catfight. :-P
hell being that good at karate she's probably even right too
Veli
Custom Title: The Piccie King

Postby Veli » 07 Mar 2012, 12:03

Are these her kids in the picture? The bigger one doesn't look like Beau at all. :x
Toefje
Banned

Postby Toefje » 07 Mar 2012, 12:44

TheBiatches wrote:
Andrew wrote:Thanks for the interview, guys!

I agree. And that's one of the reasons why I like her as much as I do, she hasn't changed much, while I feel some of the other girls are barely recognizable nowadays.

I agree! And I love how she stills wears that expensive jacket. does anyone know wich one it is :) ? any pics?
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 07 Mar 2012, 12:59

Veli wrote:Are these her kids in the picture? The bigger one doesn't look like Beau at all. :x

They're not her kids, they're models for her Argos line.
luvachii wrote:I agree! And I love how she stills wears that expensive jacket. does anyone know wich one it is :) ? any pics?

I think she's talking about this: http://www.zigazig-ha.com/zgallery/disp ... play_media

She's been wearing it at least since 2001 (as you can see from that picture) and she was also wearing it the first time I met her last November, and that's 10 years later so yeah, I guess that's the one she's referring to.
RiccardoSpice

Postby RiccardoSpice » 07 Mar 2012, 18:31

What a cute and sweet interview, thank you guys!
angel451

Postby angel451 » 08 Mar 2012, 04:24

Lovely interview! :)
**JAN 31 + FEB 24= WERE THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE ~ WOOHOO!
Thanks to the Spice Girls!Image
stefanxuk

Postby stefanxuk » 08 Mar 2012, 19:22

xapmof wrote:now Emma, you'd win an all out Spice Girls catfight. :-P

she probably would
Blond Pharaoh

Postby Blond Pharaoh » 08 Mar 2012, 22:42

Nice interview LOL @ it’s nice to know you can floor people Image
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 08 Mar 2012, 23:04

Looks like the magazine thought they were here kids lol. And so will all the readers who don't know Emma like us.
NCLS

Postby NCLS » 09 Mar 2012, 08:36

spicefreak wrote:I love how a little known thing about her was the karate thing, she must have mentioned being a brown belt tons of times while she was in Spice Girls - during Mama promo I remember her saying her mother was a karate teacher several times, in the Girl Power book she talks about it, pretty sure it was in Real Life Real Spice and also one the of Spice magazines and in Spiceworld The Movie she has the karate moment because of this... I'm sure more people know than she realises (or did and have forgotten lol)

Kevsie

Postby Kevsie » 14 Mar 2012, 14:38

So cute - Thank You :)

Return to “Emma Bunton”