New cover!! Victoria for Harper Bazaar (May 2012)

It’s Exhausting Being This Fabulous
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that due to a request of the Beckhams, pictures of their children are NOT allowed to be posted on the forums!
Filip

Re: New cover!! Victoria for Harper Bazaar (May 2012)

Postby Filip » 29 Mar 2012, 12:48

She looks great, I love these pictures! :love:
Hope there's more! :angel:
Noe
Custom Title: I love VB

Postby Noe » 29 Mar 2012, 13:24

I love the pics!! she looks gorgeous!!
missb

Postby missb » 29 Mar 2012, 14:08

<3 the pics.
nona

Postby nona » 29 Mar 2012, 16:20

I agree that editorials have become little repetitive but she looks AMAZING. :love:
And considering Bazaar allowed these two pictures to be published, this editorial could be really big, we might even see her with some clothes on. :laugh:
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 29 Mar 2012, 17:05

FrankTB wrote:one question: we all know how self-conscious she is about her body and sometimes quite annoyingly so, cos she puts herself down a bit too much imo... this said: why does she pose in her knickers on EVERY photoshoot? it's such a paradox..

Attention-seeking. That's what it is, it's the desire to sell your body to make the headlines and therefore attract attention, the kind of attention that will make people read what you have to say and maybe buy your clothes. I hate celebrities who complain about their bodies yet they find it hard to wear some clothes. Look at David, he's half-naked all the time but never said he doesn't like his body, or even Rihanna, that woman lives in her knickers but she doesn't say "Oh I look awful naked... but look at me cavorting in my underwear on the floor! And on the beach! And on a chair!". All that fakery is just off-putting.
Aries

Postby Aries » 29 Mar 2012, 17:44

One of my biggest pet peeves is when celebrities, including Victoria, try and act like they are "just like us." She is following a little to closely in Gwyneth Paltrows' footsteps.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 29 Mar 2012, 17:49

TheBiatches wrote:
FrankTB wrote:one question: we all know how self-conscious she is about her body and sometimes quite annoyingly so, cos she puts herself down a bit too much imo... this said: why does she pose in her knickers on EVERY photoshoot? it's such a paradox..

Attention-seeking. That's what it is, it's the desire to sell your body to make the headlines and therefore attract attention, the kind of attention that will make people read what you have to say and maybe buy your clothes. I hate celebrities who complain about their bodies yet they find it hard to wear some clothes. Look at David, he's half-naked all the time but never said he doesn't like his body, or even Rihanna, that woman lives in her knickers but she doesn't say "Oh I look awful naked... but look at me cavorting in my underwear on the floor! And on the beach! And on a chair!". All that fakery is just off-putting.

99.9% of celebrities are attention seekers. VB doesn't constantly complain about her body - other people do that! besides she may have said that she looks awful naked. Maybe she thought that then and doesn't now? She's hardly naked in thoes pictures. Besides, don't you think its harsh to pick something that someone once said, take it out of context and judge them for the rest of their lives for it?

Here's one, David used to say that he hated giving interviews because people thought he was thick and he didn't understand big words. He now gives interviews (and not just football related interviews) left, right and centre. He practically goes on Ellen once a quarter. People change their views of their world everyday. Everyone does.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 29 Mar 2012, 17:56

Aries wrote:One of my biggest pet peeves is when celebrities, including Victoria, try and act like they are "just like us." She is following a little to closely in Gwyneth Paltrows' footsteps.

Depends who "us" is though, right? People are people. No matter how much money they have.
Aries

Postby Aries » 29 Mar 2012, 18:13

grace4 wrote:
Aries wrote:One of my biggest pet peeves is when celebrities, including Victoria, try and act like they are "just like us." She is following a little to closely in Gwyneth Paltrows' footsteps.

Depends who "us" is though, right? People are people. No matter how much money they have.

She is not the girl next door unless you live in Hollywood.
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 29 Mar 2012, 18:14

grace4 wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:

99.9% of celebrities are attention seekers. VB doesn't constantly complain about her body - other people do that! besides she may have said that she looks awful naked. Maybe she thought that then and doesn't now? She's hardly naked in thoes pictures. Besides, don't you think its harsh to pick something that someone once said, take it out of context and judge them for the rest of their lives for it?

Here's one, David used to say that he hated giving interviews because people thought he was thick and he didn't understand big words. He now gives interviews (and not just football related interviews) left, right and centre. He practically goes on Ellen once a quarter. People change their views of their world everyday. Everyone does.

Giving interviews is part of David's job. Getting pictured in underwear isn't part of Victoria's.

Also, I know many celebs are attention-seeking, I just don't like how Victoria is trying to make us believe that she's not lately, when she clearly is.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 29 Mar 2012, 18:35

TheBiatches wrote:
grace4 wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:

Giving interviews is part of David's job. Getting pictured in underwear isn't part of Victoria's.

Also, I know many celebs are attention-seeking, I just don't like how Victoria is trying to make us believe that she's not lately, when she clearly is.

giving interviews about his private life on the Jonathan Ross show, Chris Moyles show, Ellen, Ryan Seacrest etc is not part of David's job. Its an extra that he now chooses to do, and good for him.
grace4

Postby grace4 » 29 Mar 2012, 18:43

Aries wrote:
grace4 wrote:

She is not the girl next door unless you live in Hollywood.

lol! I guess thats one way of looking at it! She could quite easily be the girl next door to most of the people I work for / with to be fair. Highly driven career women jetting left, right and centre, with a nanny, husband in a demanding job who like to look their best but have insecurities like everyone elso. They are no less like "us" than anyother person.
Fari
Custom Title: iSonaholic

Postby Fari » 29 Mar 2012, 19:27

Before I post, I want to say this is my opinion and my opinion only and I don't expect anyone to agree with me or forcing anyone to agree with me. I am just posting it and not attacking everyone. Thanks!!!

Firstly, Victoria being an attention seeker. She's a celebrity. If she didn't like the attention than she wouldn't be a celebrity. She wanted the fame and she wanted it from the time she was younger. She has said that many times before. Has she grown older and stopped being as attention seeking? Yes she has, at least I think so. I remember the days in 2003 to 2008 where there would be pictures of her every single day, shopping, wearing attention grabbing clothes (her boobs spilling out, that vile blonde hair, etc etc), saying things that would make the headlines, PDA, more shopping and what not. Now, if it's not fashion week or/and Oscar week (and in this year's case, the whole British ambassador thing), we hardly ever see her out except in cars and at football games (and not even all football games of David) or maybe at her kids games or something. If she's not in New York, we don't even see her out shopping. Shopping! Isn't what everyone said she do all day long? The only news we get of her being around is by her once every couple of days, tweeter updates and a magazine cover once couple of every months (again February and March don't count as they are her "busy" months). So yes I do think she's grown out of her "I must be photographed every moment of my life and be in headlines everyday" phase. Even her clothes are less attention seeking as they are not too loud or all over the place.

Also, over the years, Victoria has become more comfortable with her body. Gone are the fake tan, the fake boobs, even the fake hair and the nails. Her posing in her swimsuit showing off her stomach again shows how far she has come. There was a time when she went swimming, she would wear something over her swimsuit as to not show her stomach. And maybe I am in the rarity, but I can relate more to her body than most other celebrities. Maybe because I am thin like her? And whether she will say it or not, but her clothes are targeted toward people who are a bit on the smaller side. I found that true when I bought her jeans many years ago and tried to wear what I assumed was my regular size (and I wear an Abercrombie 00 in jeans), and they were tight on me.

As for her being on magazine covers.....she's a celebrity and than a fashion designer. She might say otherwise but she knows it's true. Other designers they are famous because of their work. In Victoria's case, her work is known because of her. When I think of other designers, the first thing that comes to my mind is their clothes and not their faces and again I might be in the minority but I don't even know what half of these designers look like but when people think of Victoria's work, the first thing that comes to their mind is VICTORIA herself. So she really is her best promotion. Promoting herself and talking about her brand is the best promotion. People might pretend to hate her and pretend to be tired of her or whatever but even today, any article about her still generates the most comments on Daily Mail or other tabloids site. People still go and buy magazines with her on it to read what she has to say. People still want to know about her and she knows that very well and if she is going to use that to promote her brand, than I don't find anything wrong in that.
Sonam Kapoor. The Beckhams. Ranbir Kapoor.
FrankTB

Postby FrankTB » 29 Mar 2012, 19:58

grace4 wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:

with my comment i wasn't referring to what she says to the press though. you can tell she has insecurity issues without her telling us that..she is concerned about the way she looks and the way she will look in pictures all the time, that's why even when she meets her friends like eva longoria, kate beckinsale in public events and she's hugging them cos they probably haven't met each other in a while, even in those occasions she doesn't smile cos there are paparazzi taking pictures and she knows she won't like herself when she sees pics of her smiling.. so that is why i'm always surprised when she decides to just get photographed in her pants even if there's no reason for her to do it (eg. headlines video and nearly ALL of her latest mag shoots).
Rebecca
Custom Title: Super Momma

Postby Rebecca » 29 Mar 2012, 20:03

Fari,

+1
Lah
Custom Title: I love Hugh Dancy

Postby Lah » 29 Mar 2012, 20:09

Rebecca wrote:Fari,

+1

+2
Margaret

Postby Margaret » 29 Mar 2012, 20:11

OH dear! I am so not going to join yet another discussion. :p
grace4

Postby grace4 » 29 Mar 2012, 20:15

FrankTB wrote:
grace4 wrote:
TheBiatches wrote:

with my comment i wasn't referring to what she says to the press though. you can tell she has insecurity issues without her telling us that..she is concerned about the way she looks and the way she will look in pictures all the time, that's why even when she meets her friends like eva longoria, kate beckinsale in public events and she's hugging them cos they probably haven't met each other in a while, even in those occasions she doesn't smile cos there are paparazzi taking pictures and she knows she won't like herself when she sees pics of her smiling.. so that is why i'm always surprised when she decides to just get photographed in her pants even if there's no reason for her to do it (eg. headlines video and nearly ALL of her latest mag shoots).

Totally understand your posts. Maybe its like a Beyonce v Sasha Fierce thing?
Fari
Custom Title: iSonaholic

Postby Fari » 29 Mar 2012, 20:23

It's different in photoshoots than in real life. In Photoshoots, she can control how she looks and probably look her best with the help of hairstylist, makeup artists and PHOTOSHOP and she has the liberty to stay "don't show this picture".....in papz shots, she has to be more conscious as they are more candid pics.

As for her being half naked in Headlines video, she was still her "wag" self there. But again, more controls over videos and photoshoots compared to papz shots.
Sonam Kapoor. The Beckhams. Ranbir Kapoor.
Noe
Custom Title: I love VB

Postby Noe » 29 Mar 2012, 21:11

Lah wrote:
Rebecca wrote:Fari,

+1

+2

+3
mel2vicem

Postby mel2vicem » 29 Mar 2012, 22:51

Bring on the new pix from the editorial
FrankTB

Postby FrankTB » 30 Mar 2012, 01:38

Fari wrote:It's different in photoshoots than in real life. In Photoshoots, she can control how she looks and probably look her best with the help of hairstylist, makeup artists and PHOTOSHOP and she has the liberty to stay "don't show this picture".....in papz shots, she has to be more conscious as they are more candid pics.
As for her being half naked in Headlines video, she was still her "wag" self there. But again, more controls over videos and photoshoots compared to papz shots.

i agree with this, but it's still quite interesting that she chooses to wear so little clothes over a dress that would cover her much more..i mean it wouldn't be strange if it was j.lo or rihanna, but we know victoria doesn't exactly ooze confidence so..not that i mind though :p
and that is also true about headlines but as we're seeing she's still posing in her underwear 5 years later so not much changed there ;)
simby

Postby simby » 30 Mar 2012, 10:19

As for her being half naked in Headlines video, she was still her "wag" self there. But again, more controls over videos and photoshoots compared to papz shots.[/quote]

I loved that time, I love her also now, but then it was much more fun, I don't know. Yes, maybe sometimes she looked a bit kitch in some pix, but she was colorful, sexy, entertaining, everchanging clothes,designers, styles, hairstyle, haircolr, God how much I love Victoria!
When I think about that time (until 2008) I prefer to call it "pop star" era instead of "wag" era...she's moch more than a wag...
Collins

Postby Collins » 30 Mar 2012, 10:50

Fari, it goes without saying that I agree with most of what you say and as fans we can clearly see some of the nuances in her positions or evolution.

As you rightly said, she is moving on in life from her "wag" days and would like to be seen or at least be taken more seriously as a fashion designer, so if I was advising her, I would advice her to stop doing Magazine shoots which portray her as a celebrity and more as a Fashion designer.

We all know she sells a lot of mags when she appears on them, but there is a fine line to be drawn because if she really wants to break from her "wag" past and if she needs people not to associate her with that lifestyle, which to a large extent she has successfully done.

I personally, don't mind the photoshoots in bikini, I think I saw one recently done by Vera Wang, but generally I think Victoria doesn't need that type of buzz, she generates enough by just wearing her clothes at airports or other events that she attends. She is beautiful, married to a well known sports star and already has a certain head start on most fashion designers publicity wise.

I think as fans, we are getting use to seeing less and less of her and I think that trend will continue if she really becomes more considered as fashion power house (which I think she will). On the other hand, I don't understand all this unnecessary controversies each time she does a shoot...i think we should enjoy them, it just doesn't make any sense to be arguing about things that frankly we all know won't change :)
simby

Postby simby » 30 Mar 2012, 11:54

i agree with this, but it's still quite interesting that she chooses to wear so little clothes over a dress that would cover her much more..i mean it wouldn't be strange if it was j.lo or rihanna, but we know victoria doesn't exactly ooze confidence so..not that i mind though :p
[/quote]
just my opinion, but I really think Jlo is too..."curvy" and she uses much photoshop in photoshoots....you can see in real life she's quite big
and Rihanna has a great body but she's so so vulgar and trashy and ruins everything

Vic looks great in her underwear :love: ! stop talking about it!
I love the pix!

Return to “Victoria Beckham”