New reality show for Geri?

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Maurice
Custom Title: Dutch Music Freak

New reality show for Geri?

Postby Maurice » 03 Apr 2012, 09:01

GERI Halliwell has become the latest Spice Girl to sign up for a reality TV show

Ginger Spice is working on a new series for Sky Living and the cameras have already started following her around.

The top secret show sees Geri team up with her former bandmates to work on the Spice Girls musical.

It also focuses on her new beachwear range and is expected to provide an intriguing glimpse of the singer's home life.

A source said: "Geri is keen to do some TV as she's seen the other girls doing bits and bobs.

"Sky Living reckon she fits their female-skewed brand.

Geri is really excited about the project, which is at the very early stages."

Geri is following in the footsteps of fellow Spices Emma Bunton, who was a judge on Dancing On Ice, and Mel B, who had her own fly-on-the-wall reality show.

Mum-of-one Geri is no stranger to being filmed for a real-life TV programme.

She famously appeared in a Channel 4 documentary, simply named Geri, which was made in 1999 shortly after she quit The Spice Girls.

Showbiz Journliast and former T4 star Mark Boardman revealed last week that 'Geri Halliwell has revealed that she is nearly ready to release her new album'.

Source: Markmeets.com
Bencoomes

Re: New reality show for Geri?

Postby Bencoomes » 03 Apr 2012, 09:21

Good news for geri...I can't wait :music:
Spice-Invaders

Postby Spice-Invaders » 03 Apr 2012, 10:03

Have they forget about Popstar?! About her bein a judge on Xfactor or Britain got talent?
And the fact she was already followed at the time passion was out?!
She's not the last to have done that... she's actually the first to have gone into "reality TV".
Not that she should be proud of it lol.

Remember how she turned to be in the last passion era documentary?!
Not sure it's a Good idea...
IT ISN'T WHAT I DO, BUT HOW I DO IT.
IT ISN'T WHAT I SAY, BUT HOW I SAY IT,
AND HOW I LOOK WHEN I DO IT & SAY IT!
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 03 Apr 2012, 10:27

Spice-Invaders wrote:Remember how she turned to be in the last passion era documentary?!
Not sure it's a Good idea...

That is exactly what I though when i opened this thread :x

Hopefully she'll be presented in a more favourable light this time.
Archie
Previous username(s): Archie69

Postby Archie » 03 Apr 2012, 11:13

I think this time round geri will learn the lesson from her documentary she made in 2005 ,when she has no rights to say no to the produsers if she don't like the final result and she' s a different person now, so i can't wait to see it. But i think the show will be on tv only at the emd of the year, when musical will be out
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 03 Apr 2012, 12:49

Can't she live without a camera and the media intrusion? It's like when nobody cares about her she goes begging for some attention. Reality shows that follow people around are tacky as fuck, Mel B's was scripted from start to finish, what's the point? She could try and get attention with her imminent new music.
Kev!n
Previous username(s): gerifan

Postby Kev!n » 03 Apr 2012, 13:39

2 words: CAN"T WAIT!!!
faster84

Postby faster84 » 03 Apr 2012, 14:03

This could be a good way to promote her image, the musical and the so hoped new album
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 03 Apr 2012, 15:25

faster84 wrote:This could be a good way to promote her image, the musical and the so hoped new album

I'd predict its more for the album than the musical. There were rumours at the start of the year that 19 were going to bring out a behind the scenes documentary specially for the musically to drum up hype so i doubt they would get rid of that and just include it a little in Geris?
Archie

Postby Archie » 03 Apr 2012, 15:26

TheBiatches wrote:Can't she live without a camera and the media intrusion? It's like when nobody cares about her she goes begging for some attention. Reality shows that follow people around are tacky as fuck, Mel B's was scripted from start to finish, what's the point? She could try and get attention with her imminent new music.

On the other hand she lived without camera and scandals for the last 7 years...this show could remind people who she is,but i really hope that she's better person now then in her documentary in 2005
Benji_V
Custom Title: Miss World

Postby Benji_V » 03 Apr 2012, 15:27

Whatever pays the bills I guess.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 03 Apr 2012, 15:31

TheBiatches wrote:Can't she live without a camera and the media intrusion? It's like when nobody cares about her she goes begging for some attention. Reality shows that follow people around are tacky as fuck, Mel B's was scripted from start to finish, what's the point? She could try and get attention with her imminent new music.

I like reality shows when they're not trying to be serious, like Victoria's one when she moved to America or Mtv's Alaska y Mario. I enjoy them because they just follow the celebrities around makin fun of themselves and such things. But I hate (supposed) serious realities like Mel B's and such where a celebrity that nobody could give a damn about see themselves are huge starts that will gain big ratings on TV.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
Jer

Postby Jer » 03 Apr 2012, 16:45

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO did she learn nothing from 'Theres Something About Geri'?????? :dizzy:
TheBiatches

Postby TheBiatches » 03 Apr 2012, 16:53

IER wrote:

I like reality shows when they're not trying to be serious, like Victoria's one when she moved to America or Mtv's Alaska y Mario. I enjoy them because they just follow the celebrities around makin fun of themselves and such things. But I hate (supposed) serious realities like Mel B's and such where a celebrity that nobody could give a damn about see themselves are huge starts that will gain big ratings on TV.

I don't like them. If there's no point in them then don't make them. Victoria's 2007 show was embarrassing and made my skin crawl, Mel B's was completely fake so completely useless... I actually like Geri's from 1998/1999, and I love In America: A Tour Story, because they're real, they show the good and the bad, the insecurities and the glamour. But a reality show isn't a documentary, there's a huge difference. Sky Living is probably just trying to re-create what happened with Steps, their show did pretty good ratings-wise, but that doesn't mean it's not a Z-lister thing to do. Not that we can expect any better from a solo Spice Girl nowadays. Without counting Victoria, of course.

I'll be watching though, I even watched Mel B's and that one was pointless as there was nothing real in it! I only managed to watch Victoria's once though, I couldn't put myself through it ever again.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 03 Apr 2012, 17:15

Could be good for her if done right :)
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 03 Apr 2012, 17:25

TheBiatches wrote:I'll be watching though, I even watched Mel B's and that one was pointless as there was nothing real in it! I only managed to watch Victoria's once though, I couldn't put myself through it ever again.

I LOVED Victoria's. Even though some bits were obviously scripted, she was hilarious in it. Made me fall in love with her all over again. :love:
Archie

Postby Archie » 03 Apr 2012, 17:28

But all geri's documentaries were real,even something about geri.... I think that geri is very real person,she can't act...so i'm not afraid of the thing that her show could be not real as it's a scary world
Samuel-Bennett
Custom Title: I Am Sam

Postby Samuel-Bennett » 03 Apr 2012, 17:37

After the last car crash I really hoped she wouldn't do another tv doc about herself, especially when she's about to release an album
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 03 Apr 2012, 20:23

TheBiatches wrote:
IER wrote:

I don't like them. If there's no point in them then don't make them. Victoria's 2007 show was embarrassing and made my skin crawl, Mel B's was completely fake so completely useless... I actually like Geri's from 1998/1999, and I love In America: A Tour Story, because they're real, they show the good and the bad, the insecurities and the glamour. But a reality show isn't a documentary, there's a huge difference. Sky Living is probably just trying to re-create what happened with Steps, their show did pretty good ratings-wise, but that doesn't mean it's not a Z-lister thing to do. Not that we can expect any better from a solo Spice Girl nowadays. Without counting Victoria, of course.

I'll be watching though, I even watched Mel B's and that one was pointless as there was nothing real in it! I only managed to watch Victoria's once though, I couldn't put myself through it ever again.

how do u know? :D not that i'm judgin u but maybe mel b said or there were some scenes which seemed scripted? (which i'd love to watch) :hug:
Fulvio84

Postby Fulvio84 » 03 Apr 2012, 20:44

made it in the right way could help her music a lot...so can't wait <3
WHAT DOESN'T KILL ME IS MAKING ME STRONG!
upload immagini gratis
http://fulvio84.deviantart.com/
california

Postby california » 03 Apr 2012, 20:51

We want new music, not reality show !!!!!!
Facebook collection page (under construction):
https://www.facebook.com/Spice-Girls-co ... 625961149/

My blog:
http://spicecollection.skyrock.com/ (2400 items)
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 03 Apr 2012, 21:01

Generally speaking I'm not much of a fan of reality tv shows although.... I do end up watching a lot of them! If she's got some control over it (or if it's scripted) I think it might be alright. It's a way to get her personality out there again, ready for her music I suppose.

Is this actually confirmed then, or just a rumour?
IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 03 Apr 2012, 21:35

oh, well I probably dont think its the best idea with an album being released but i suppose it will nice to see her at home as a working girl and mother
Falcon

Postby Falcon » 03 Apr 2012, 21:51

faster84 wrote:This could be a good way to promote her image
or destroy what little she has...
gay4geri
Custom Title: JUST SO GAY 4 GERI

Postby gay4geri » 03 Apr 2012, 23:37

schizophonic_spice wrote:Could be good for her if done right :)

Totes agree!

Return to “Geri Halliwell”