Anyone else just fed up/bored of Rihanna?

Relax with your friends in The Den.... :satan:
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Re: Anyone else just fed up/bored of Rihanna?

Postby Narrator » 19 Apr 2012, 19:15

Tiger wrote:Lol how did I notice that? Mistakes like that usually get on my tits as well :Embarrassed2:

Happens to the best of us :hug:
AcidBurn
Custom Title: Triple Goddess Three

Postby AcidBurn » 19 Apr 2012, 19:29

CharmAttack wrote:Sorry for being a grammar nazi, but that particular mistake gets on my nerves :p

Marry me! :love:
Narrator
Custom Title: elephant in the room

Postby Narrator » 19 Apr 2012, 20:08

AcidBurn wrote:Marry me! :love:

Aww, nobody ever proposed to me before for being a pain in the ass... ok, I will :p
Fighter

Postby Fighter » 20 Apr 2012, 13:16

So no one said anything about the picture of her cutting up coke / marihuana on some dudes head ?? she's so vile!!!!!!!! ugh.
Stewie
Previous username(s): CharlesEt
Custom Title: Griffin

Postby Stewie » 20 Apr 2012, 13:43

^It's been posted on the first page, but I think most of the drugs conversations took place in the other Rihanna thread
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 20 Apr 2012, 21:44

Giamma wrote:I bet most of you don't even watch/read her real interviews and think you really know her by judging her tweets.

I don't need to have a deep personal relationship with her to know that bad grammar and posting like a douchebag is FUCKING ANNOYING. :dizzy:
fafafab

Postby fafafab » 20 Apr 2012, 22:17

honestly I got bored of her when she announced the release of yet another album when the previous was was hardly one year old, artists need to go away, it's a fact, they remain too much time in the spotlight and the get burned, they really need to step away and look at things from a different perspective, get inspired and make new music, but I guess it's hard when you're just addicted to the attention and your "navy" and all that stans crap
Giamma
Previous username(s): soul_power

Postby Giamma » 21 Apr 2012, 01:31

Brandamn wrote:
Giamma wrote:I bet most of you don't even watch/read her real interviews and think you really know her by judging her tweets.

I don't need to have a deep personal relationship with her to know that bad grammar and posting like a douchebag is FUCKING ANNOYING. :dizzy:

Oh 'bad grammar' on Twitter! 'Douchebag' based on candids and tweets. It sounds like a winner. :dizzy:

Grammar nazies are ridiculous. Especially on Internet. And that's coming from someone who knows a thing or two about many types of grammars, sociolinguistics and stuff.

Interviews won't get you a deep relationship with her or anyone for that matter but she is very well-spoken, smart, down-to-earth... I'm yet to see anyone who got to know her better to say bad things...

It's like people misjudging Victoria Beckham for years because of her pouty candids... no wonder I appreciate them both. They are much more (interesting and complex) than those reductive misconceptions.
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 21 Apr 2012, 01:33

Giamma wrote:Grammar nazies are ridiculous. Especially on Internet. And that's coming from someone who knows a thing or two about many types of grammars, sociolinguistics and stuff.

on THE internet*
Giamma

Postby Giamma » 21 Apr 2012, 01:46

Stitch wrote:
Giamma wrote:Grammar nazies are ridiculous. Especially on Internet. And that's coming from someone who knows a thing or two about many types of grammars, sociolinguistics and stuff.

on THE internet*

My point!

btw English is not my first, not even my second language.

If you want to correct all my post feel free to do it! I'd appreciate! Since you already read all my posts anyway you might as well give some useful contribution. :p
Last edited by Giamma on 21 Apr 2012, 01:51, edited 2 times in total.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 21 Apr 2012, 01:50

^ that's cool! what other languages do you know?
Giamma

Postby Giamma » 21 Apr 2012, 01:51

Off-topic: Portuguese and Italian.
Andres
Custom Title: HeadBitchInCharge

Postby Andres » 21 Apr 2012, 01:55

^^ don't you know spanish? I heard that italian/portuguese have similarities and it's really easy for portuguese/italian speakers to learn spanish. I could never learn another language, I tried french for a year and it was torture
Giamma

Postby Giamma » 21 Apr 2012, 02:06

Yep! Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese all have similarities since they all come from 'spoken Latin'. I probably can understand Spanish if you don't speak too fast... I studied a bit of French once but that's it...
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 21 Apr 2012, 02:21

Giamma wrote:
Brandamn wrote:

Oh 'bad grammar' on Twitter! 'Douchebag' based on candids and tweets. It sounds like a winner. :dizzy:

I'm not talking about bad grammar like the misuse of "Their" vs. "There" or "They're". I'm talking full-blown intentional bad english like she's trying to sound thug or something. And this is what I mean by posting like a douchebag:

This bitch I'm wit iz thik az PHHHUCK

Its ya d*ck game
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 21 Apr 2012, 02:22

But Rihanna is clearly a thug. She's so ghetto. Thug lyfe, etc.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 21 Apr 2012, 02:24

More pics of her with a (real?) huge joint with snoop dog. Aparently it's pot's day. :shrug:
Jamie

Postby Jamie » 21 Apr 2012, 02:26

She's so gangsta for taking and promoting drugs, yo. What a G.
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 21 Apr 2012, 02:33

So live ya lyfe. Eh-eh Eh-eh Eh-eh.
Giamma

Postby Giamma » 21 Apr 2012, 03:16

Brandamn wrote:
Giamma wrote:
Brandamn wrote:

I'm not talking about bad grammar like the misuse of "Their" vs. "There" or "They're". I'm talking full-blown intentional bad english like she's trying to sound thug or something. And this is what I mean by posting like a douchebag:

This bitch I'm wit iz thik az PHHHUCK

Its ya d*ck game

Well you know she is from Barbados right? She is using a writing more formal and close to the Spoken (and 'Broken') English, it's Twitter! Not an essay! She's talking mostly to young people. People who even like and wanna know more about that.

I'm not even gonna bother with the prejudices towards other cultures and ways of expression. Not to say the 'Thug Life' thing all goes back to Tupac... she is making references many times (to him and not only), quoting lyrics etc

FiaSpice wrote:More pics of her with a (real?) huge joint with snoop dog. Aparently it's pot's day. :shrug:

Old news, old pic.

btw...

http://www.billboard.com/column/billboa ... 4932.story

http://www.billboard.com/features/up-in ... 4702.story

Paul McCartney, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Bob Marley...

Well but Rihanna is black, and a girl, and a popstar... so double standards right?
fafafab

Postby fafafab » 21 Apr 2012, 03:26

wasn't this Tupac person killed violently? cause I think he was, so I don't feel this "thug lifestyle" that you speak of and that Rihanna so proudly represent is something to be particularly proud of or something that should be glorified for young people

and it's funny that you mention the double standard thing, cause in the matter of women's rights and feminism, being judged for smoking a joint is the least of Rihanna's problems
Brandamn

Postby Brandamn » 21 Apr 2012, 03:48

Giamma wrote:
Well you know she is from Barbados right? She is using a writing more formal and close to the Spoken (and 'Broken') English, it's Twitter! Not an essay! She's talking mostly to young people. People who even like and wanna know more about that.

I'm not even gonna bother with the prejudices towards other cultures and ways of expression. Not to say the 'Thug Life' thing all goes back to Tupac... she is making references many times (to him and not only), quoting lyrics etc

I don't know why you're defending her so bad. People are fed up/bored/annoyed with her. Why does that bother you so much? Also, I'm not sure why you're talking about Barbados and Tupac, because neither of those have anything to do with her tweeting style.
Giamma

Postby Giamma » 21 Apr 2012, 04:11

fafafab wrote:wasn't this Tupac person killed violently? cause I think he was, so I don't feel this "thug lifestyle" that you speak of and that Rihanna so proudly represent is something to be particularly proud of or something that should be glorified for young people

and it's funny that you mention the double standard thing, cause in the matter of women's rights and feminism, being judged for smoking a joint is the least of Rihanna's problems

Well do you know what Tupac meant with Thug Life? I guess no... do you even know what Tupac stood for? Again no... do you know what Thug Life means/represents for her? No... you all just going by assumptions, superficial stuff...

And yes, I'm aware she gets judged with double standards lens when it comes to other matters too.
Last edited by Giamma on 21 Apr 2012, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Giamma

Postby Giamma » 21 Apr 2012, 04:16

Brandamn wrote:
Giamma wrote:

I don't know why you're defending her so bad. People are fed up/bored/annoyed with her. Why does that bother you so much? Also, I'm not sure why you're talking about Barbados and Tupac, because neither of those have anything to do with her tweeting style.

Well because there's a forum and different point of views should be welcomed especially since I know more about her than the lot writing what they don't know.

It doesn't bother me people let alone Denden people particularly being fed up with her or whatever... like really!? You all are a little spot... I do get bother with ignorance, misconceptions, stereotypes in general.
FiaSpice
Custom Title: Not immune

Postby FiaSpice » 21 Apr 2012, 04:19

Giamma wrote:
FiaSpice wrote:More pics of her with a (real?) huge joint with snoop dog. Aparently it's pot's day. :shrug:

Old news, old pic.

btw...

http://www.billboard.com/column/billboa ... 4932.story

http://www.billboard.com/features/up-in ... 4702.story

Paul McCartney, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Bob Marley...

Well but Rihanna is black, and a girl, and a popstar... so double standards right?

No double stardard: I despise every popstar that promotes drugs whatever their race/age/sexual orientation.
It's 1 days old, not THAT old
http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2012/ ... oking.html

Return to “Small Talk”