Girls Aloud

General discussion | 1 topic per artist | Old music forums are in the "Archive" section at the bottom for further reference (read only)
Jamie

Re: 2012: The Return of Girls Aloud

Postby Jamie » 22 May 2012, 22:03

Nicola is flawless, doe.
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 23 May 2012, 00:13

I really cannot wait for this reunion to happen!
Savanna

Postby Savanna » 23 May 2012, 06:09

Jay wrote:I think the "dark roots" look is actually an intentional, "on-trend" hair decision at the moment! That's them up-keeping their hair, lol!

Yep. Nicola is a natural redhead so her roots come in red and dying them brown hides the red better than blonde would. Plus it's easier to darken your roots than lighten them. Lindsay Lohan did the same thing when she was blonde.
onebigfan

Postby onebigfan » 24 May 2012, 10:36

Savanna wrote:
Jay wrote:I think the "dark roots" look is actually an intentional, "on-trend" hair decision at the moment! That's them up-keeping their hair, lol!

Yep. Nicola is a natural redhead so her roots come in red and dying them brown hides the red better than blonde would. Plus it's easier to darken your roots than lighten them. Lindsay Lohan did the same thing when she was blonde.

Can't wait for the Girls Aloud reunion either, but Nicola needs to go back to her natural red hair or the colour she had during The Promise era. She looks gorgeous with red hair :$
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 24 May 2012, 23:01

#asknadine trended number 1 worldwide on twitter today. Quite impressive!
IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 07 Jun 2012, 20:41

Stitch wrote:It's because once Girls Aloud are back, they've got 30 days to get to the job centre...oh-whoa-oh.

And I think girls aloud should stay on hiatus instead if going to the trouble of gettin the auto tune ready :)
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 08 Jun 2012, 00:13

No trollin'.
DaniSpiceBoy

Postby DaniSpiceBoy » 08 Jun 2012, 03:18

Not that I think it looks particularly nice. ;)

It's actually called "Californian highlights". I quite like the look, when done good.
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 09 Jun 2012, 16:18

Another Mirror article:

Here come the Girls (Aloud): Cheryl & co will reunite for reunion tour at the end of summer

Yep, the much rumoured and seemingly impossible Girls Aloud reunion is definitely ON, with a massive UK tour set to take in Manchester, Glasgow and Wembley

Hear that noise? It’s the Sound of the Underground and a Love Machine whirring, with Something Kinda Ooh to top it all off.

Yep, the much rumoured and seemingly impossible Girls Aloud reunion is definitely ON, with a massive UK tour set to take in Manchester’s MEN Arena, Glasgow’s SECC and Wembley Arena scheduled for the end of the summer.

The gigs will include a show on November 30, marking a decade since the final of ITV show Popstars: The Rivals which brought them together.

And (girlie squeal) they are planning a huge fashion exhibition in Central London showing off their most memorable outfits. (I hope the pink tracksuits from the first vid are in this lot.)

Cheryl Cole, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Kimberley Walsh and Nicola Roberts have not appeared together as a fivepiece since September 2009, although Cheryl, Nic and Kim all went out for dinner at Nobu on Thursday night. But that doesn’t really count.

They plan to announce their reunion in August, and a draft statement has already been written.

The girls, who had an impressive 20 consecutive top 10 singles (including four number ones), two number one albums, a Brit Award and an estimated combined fortune of £25million, went their separate ways as the band took a hiatus four years ago.

Cheryl, 28, embarked on a solo career and took up a position on the X Factor judging panel, Kimberley, 30, took to TV presenting and played Princess Fiona in Shrek: The Musical, Nicola, 26, released a make-up range and her own solo material and Sarah, 30, took up modelling. Nadine, 26, had a less successful solo career and owns a pub in LA, Nadine’s Irish Mist.

Nicola recently said that “all five members are up for a reunion for the 10th anniversary”, adding, somewhat threateningly, that even if she “has to drag the girls by their hair, it’ll happen”.

Last night a spokesman for Girls Aloud said: “No plans have been confirmed yet.”

Source: The Mirror
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 09 Jun 2012, 17:03

Sounds good but why no mention of new material which we know is being recorded?
Tiger
Custom Title: AKA Joe

Postby Tiger » 09 Jun 2012, 19:57

the not so subtle bitch slap about Nadines endeavours since girls aloud is hilarious, especially compared them being nice about the others.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 09 Jun 2012, 20:08

Especially when she sold more than Nicola! (I think - maybe not?)
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 09 Jun 2012, 20:38

Their albums sold roughly the same in the UK (in the region of 13,000 to 15,000).

Nadine - 'Insatiable' (single) sold 20,000.
Nicola's - 'Beat Of My Drum' sold 55,000. 'Lucky Day' sold 12,000, and 'Yo-Yo' sold 4,000.

(All estimates).

I wouldn't be surprised if 'Call My Name' sold more in its first week of sale than *every* Nadine/Nicola release combined. :Oops:
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 09 Jun 2012, 21:15

I only questioned it because the article makes out that Nicola was a lot more successful when she really isn't - I think she did a lot worse!

They roughly sold the same amount of albums when Nadine had one single and album (all exclusively sold in tesco which I still find ridculous to this day!) and a handful of performances, whereas Nicola sold the same amount of Cinderella's Eyes as Insatiable with 3 singles, quite a lot of promotion and major label backing. It just annoys me that the press always try and bring Nadine down when I find Nicola's position much more embaressing.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 09 Jun 2012, 21:31

CSweet7 wrote:I only questioned it because the article makes out that Nicola was a lot more successful when she really isn't - I think she did a lot worse!

They roughly sold the same amount of albums when Nadine had one single and album (all exclusively sold in tesco which I still find ridculous to this day!) and a handful of performances, whereas Nicola sold the same amount of Cinderella's Eyes as Insatiable with 3 singles, quite a lot of promotion and major label backing. It just annoys me that the press always try and bring Nadine down when I find Nicola's position much more embaressing.

Yup Nadine gets her flopping constantly mocked for some reason (maybe because she went up against Cheryl's first solo release?) where as Nicola's flopping went practically without press coverage. In fact I don't recall any news articles reporting on her album and singles flopping.

Still at least Nadine didn't have the worst peaking GA related single (no i don't count Sweetest High)
Jay
Mod

Postby Jay » 09 Jun 2012, 22:22

Technically it's either 'Sweetest High' or 'One Vision' which is the lowest selling/charting GA related release, neither made the Top 200. (I didn't really follow the progress of 'One Vision' on iTunes, but I don't think it did much at all).
Dom

Postby Dom » 09 Jun 2012, 23:42

schizophonic_spice wrote:
CSweet7 wrote:I only questioned it because the article makes out that Nicola was a lot more successful when she really isn't - I think she did a lot worse!

Yup Nadine gets her flopping constantly mocked for some reason (maybe because she went up against Cheryl's first solo release?) where as Nicola's flopping went practically without press coverage. In fact I don't recall any news articles reporting on her album and singles flopping.

Still at least Nadine didn't have the worst peaking GA related single (no i don't count Sweetest High)

Nadine's material wasn't received well at all by critics, whereas Nicola's was. Nadine's attitude wasn't that great during her solo period either. It's hilarious that she criticised Girls Aloud's lyrics when most of hers weren't exactly Ivor Novello awards standards.

And Sweetest High was a single - just because it flopped and she couldn't afford a video doesn't really cancel it out.
TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 10 Jun 2012, 01:19

^ What did she say about Girls Aloud's lyrics being bad - I never knew this :P

But to me, the fact Nicola's album somehow got critical acclaim but still floppe as hard as insatiable makes it even worse!
Cheer

Postby Cheer » 10 Jun 2012, 02:22

I hope Kimberley uses her upper register more on the new material. She's a better singer than i initially thought.
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 10 Jun 2012, 13:18

I personally find no fault in Nadine's solo lyrics.
IconicSpice

Postby IconicSpice » 10 Jun 2012, 15:10

Jay wrote:No trollin'.

that wasn't trollin' it was defending!

The Sats may have had less success than GA but at least they backstab eachother!
Dom

Postby Dom » 10 Jun 2012, 15:34

schizophonic_spice wrote:I personally find no fault in Nadine's solo lyrics.

Sexy Love Affair? She sucks at math, apparently. Image

IconicSpice wrote:

The Sats may have had less success than GA but at least they backstab eachother!

This makes no sense at all...?
schizophonic_spice

Postby schizophonic_spice » 10 Jun 2012, 21:55

Cheryl and Nadine left the same nightclub seperately

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -Club.html
PeteRIGBY
Custom Title: Northern Spice

Postby PeteRIGBY » 10 Jun 2012, 22:51

schizophonic_spice wrote:Cheryl and Nadine left the same nightclub seperately

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -Club.html

At least they met up I suppose and that's positive!
Follow me on Twitter @PeteRIGBY
Charmingspice5
Custom Title: Show Me Love

Postby Charmingspice5 » 11 Jun 2012, 09:07

Dom wrote:
IconicSpice wrote:

This makes no sense at all...?

Probaby meant to say "they don't backstab eachother"

Return to “Music”