'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

According To All Sources, This Forum's The Place To Go!
Peter

Re: 'Angels in Chains' - New Single! Released: June 19th

Postby Peter » 11 Aug 2017, 11:18

Kareem wrote:
ep7210 wrote:
Kareem wrote:
ep7210 wrote:So, how was the overall reception of Angels in Chains? forget about the sales, music don't sell much these days anyway, just the perception of Geri, was it a good campaign afterall if she was using it to test the water?

Everyone I know who heard it thought it's an awful song and cringe worthy video.

Oh...my boyfriend kept singing the chorus, not sure if it was in a good way or bad way though...

Mine heard it on the radio on the breakfast show with Emma while driving and he told me the songs was awful but Emma was complimenting about it :satan:

Awww!!! Flawless Spice never fails us! :love: :love: :love:
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 12 Aug 2017, 00:19

Peter wrote:
Kareem wrote:
ep7210 wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Everyone I know who heard it thought it's an awful song and cringe worthy video.

Oh...my boyfriend kept singing the chorus, not sure if it was in a good way or bad way though...

Mine heard it on the radio on the breakfast show with Emma while driving and he told me the songs was awful but Emma was complimenting about it :satan:

Awww!!! Flawless Spice never fails us! :love: :love: :love:

I was too embarrassed to play it to anyone. My brother found out about it on his own and send me the video. I said I've heard it but didn't want to comment any further. He said "This is embarrassing as a release for Geri and an insult to the memory of George Michael" i guess great minds think alike...
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Andreas
Custom Title: Alpha Male.

Postby Andreas » 12 Aug 2017, 11:34

LOL. Talk about inferiority complex.
HellaGeo
Custom Title: HellaGeo

Postby HellaGeo » 13 Aug 2017, 05:20

Does anyone know if this will ever be on Apple Music US or on iTunes US again?
Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Aug 2017, 06:21

/\ did they remove it then?!
getthejokerw

Postby getthejokerw » 13 Aug 2017, 21:39

HellaGeo wrote:Does anyone know if this will ever be on Apple Music US or on iTunes US again?

It's back on both U.S. iTunes and Spotify. Buy it now before it disappears again ...!
Kareem

Postby Kareem » 15 Aug 2017, 08:21

Andreas wrote:LOL. Talk about inferiority complex.

When the majority of audiences who heard this think it's awful it must mean something. I guess George Michael was the only honest person to geri, I am sure he wouldn't have signed up to this song. It's AWFUL.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 16 Aug 2017, 09:22

Kareem wrote:

When the majority of audiences who heard this think it's awful it must mean something. I guess George Michael was the only honest person to geri, I am sure he wouldn't have signed up to this song. It's AWFUL.

She can release all the horrible songs she wants. And clearly George Michael's people (professional musicians) thought the track was ok, since they participated on it. And I have heard people say they like it, so a handfull of negative shits isn't entitled to label a song on behalf of everyone. Sorry (not sorry) to break it to those people but they really do not own that right or privilege.

But if someone really can't tell the difference between where Geri ends and they start, to the extent that they feel publicly shamed for the music that she writes and releases, then yes, they have serious issues.
do-it

Postby do-it » 16 Aug 2017, 14:03

getthejokerw wrote:
HellaGeo wrote:Does anyone know if this will ever be on Apple Music US or on iTunes US again?

It's back on both U.S. iTunes and Spotify. Buy it now before it disappears again ...!

This is why I'm still very wary of streaming services - your favourite song or album can disappear in an instant and you never now when or if it will return.
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 16 Aug 2017, 14:44

Jay when are you gonna work on the Andreas issue? This person is bullying and insulting anyone who has a different opinion.

Yeah man we get it. You love Geri blindly and probably deafly too. Find something else to do instead or insult replying to every single comment that opposes yours. Unless Horner is paying you and it's your job to do that.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » 16 Aug 2017, 16:14

:laugh: oh dear!

Oh please explain where I personally bully you. Just keep in mind that for every post you find where I reply to you (good luck at labelling it bullying), I will find the equivalent of a post from you replying to mine. Go right ahead, I would be so so amused. :rolleyes:
Fenrik
Custom Title: OSLOVE

Postby Fenrik » 16 Aug 2017, 17:46

My mother loved this song the first time she heard it actually! :D
Adam
Mod

Postby Adam » 16 Aug 2017, 18:23

Kingofspiceworld leave the Geri forum.

You have nothing good to say about her and are clearly just here to attempt to antagonise fans. I am more inclined to warn you rather than Andreas. Careful you don't get banned - registrations are still suspended, so you won't get another chance at making another handle.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 16 Aug 2017, 18:45

Yes, it's not her best track but I (personally) wouldn't call it awful

Unlike many of you who surround yourself with people who hate it, the people around me find it nice (not "OH WOW INCREDIBLE" but they think it's nice) so it depends who you surround yourself with. With that I woulnd't say: the world loves the song! (nor "everyone think it's awful). Of course there can be a consensus but sadly there's no way to conduct a study... Charts are no indication anymore.

I think everyone can have different opinions, yes. But try to post it respectfully.

Clearly kingofspiceworld doesn't like Geri even if he says he used to like her or like some songs or whatever. And it's fine if you don't like ... I have close friends who dislike her.

What's not ok it's trying to passively aggressive comment and pretend you're just having a different opinion.

Peace!
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 16 Aug 2017, 21:47

The song is utter cringe, there is no real way around that. Her some total of good ballads will begin and end with Walkaway.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
Kareem

Postby Kareem » 16 Aug 2017, 23:12

Andreas wrote:
Kareem wrote:

She can release all the horrible songs she wants. And clearly George Michael's people (professional musicians) thought the track was ok, since they participated on it. And I have heard people say they like it, so a handfull of negative shits isn't entitled to label a song on behalf of everyone. Sorry (not sorry) to break it to those people but they really do not own that right or privilege.

But if someone really can't tell the difference between where Geri ends and they start, to the extent that they feel publicly shamed for the music that she writes and releases, then yes, they have serious issues.

No babe , I play her good pop songs with pride but I won't sign up to crappy music. Those who clap to their favorite singers even if they fart are those who have serious issues.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 17 Aug 2017, 00:59

sammy01 wrote:The song is utter cringe, there is no real way around that. Her some total of good ballads will begin and end with Walkaway.

that's an opinion.

I do think she's done AWESOME ballads in her following albums
Kareem

Postby Kareem » 17 Aug 2017, 01:02

PeruvianSpice wrote:
sammy01 wrote:The song is utter cringe, there is no real way around that. Her some total of good ballads will begin and end with Walkaway.

that's an opinion.

Calling is her best ballad lyrically and musically.
spicefreak
Custom Title: Enjoy the show

Postby spicefreak » 17 Aug 2017, 01:38

Kareem wrote:
PeruvianSpice wrote:

that's an opinion.

Calling is her best ballad lyrically and musically.

Geri is the queen of solo Spice ballads easily! Calling, Let me love you more, love is the only light, there's always tomorrow, loving me back to life, love and light, walkaway... :inlove:
HellaGeo

Postby HellaGeo » Yesterday, 07:24

getthejokerw wrote:

OMG YAAAAAAAS!!!

Two more US sales: one from me and one from me bestie Sally ;)
HellaGeo

Postby HellaGeo » Yesterday, 07:28

PeruvianSpice wrote:

that's an opinion.

I think the song is awesome! Someone just needs to remind Geri she is a showgirl and NOT a singer, because it's songs like this that are completely out of her range that she tries to sing live that make it cringe worthy. If she just mimed the track on LIVE tv it'd be much more palatable.
Andreas

Postby Andreas » Today, 10:09

I don't think Geri wants to be Betty Boop at the age she's in. She never wanted to be.

Return to “Geri Halliwell”